I am going to Nashville Tenn. next week....

PDA

tlhelmer
July 14, 2004, 08:13 AM
Anything interesting and gun related to do around nashville?

If you enjoyed reading about "I am going to Nashville Tenn. next week...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aguyindallas
July 14, 2004, 11:15 AM
I have passed through a couple times...

Something interesting to do: Stay Armed!

jwmoore
July 14, 2004, 11:21 AM
Contact Oleg... See if he's up for a photo shoot with a THR member.

~W

tlhelmer
July 14, 2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks for your responses.

Can anyone tell me what the carry laws are in TN. for off-duty LEO?

Skunkabilly
July 14, 2004, 10:12 PM
Flaunt the cool gun the Skunk sold 'ja!

4v50 Gary
July 14, 2004, 10:25 PM
Tennessee State Museum. A gun alleged to be "Sweetlips" is there - it's one of the guns that killed Ferguson at King's Mountain. Many other interesting guns displayed there. It's housed in the Tennessee State Building. Also check out the War Memorial for some guns and trophys. It's housed in the State Supreme Court building (near the Capitol).

Andy Jackson's plantation, the Hermitage is within Nashville. It's perfectly preserved.

WhiteKnight
July 15, 2004, 12:34 AM
Lots of pretty Southern blondes in Nashville. I love visiting my grandparents there. :D

earthworm
July 15, 2004, 04:37 AM
Pass on Gun City:overrated.Come to Murfreesboro & bust a few caps at OnTarget indoor range. Eat @ Noshville on West End:GREAT deli food,& try Blacksone Brewery in the same area:EXCELLENT porter & buffalo burgers.
See your mail.

OEF_VET
July 15, 2004, 11:27 AM
There are several gun shops and ranges in the vicinity. There are also a couple skeet ranges nearby. We also have quite a few members living in Nashville and the surrounding area.

Gun City isn't that bad, but it could be better. You can find a deal in there, they're not always out to screw you.

Nashville has plenty of good restaurants. Noshville and Blackstone are two good recommendations. If you're looking for nightlife, try The District. That would be the area bordered by Broadway to the south, Church St. to the north, the riverfront to the east and 5th Ave. N to the west.

For good, reliable info on the laws regarding CCW, check out www.packing.org. They are, without a doubt, the best website for comprehensive CCW info.

Drop me a line and let me know when you'll be in town. Depending on my scehdule, maybe we can get together for a trip to the range. I'm sure Oleg would love to meet you also.

Frank

Andrew P
July 15, 2004, 12:23 PM
There is another great little gun store in Smyrna, guy is VERY reasonable on his prices and his selection is pretty good. I agree with the rest of what the guys are saying as far as where to eat etc.... There is a great range is Antioch that is run by the state it only costs like 4 bucks to shoot there.

cslinger
July 15, 2004, 12:39 PM
Drop us a line as well maybe we can all get together for a beer or sumpthin......Blackstone sounds good to me right now.

OEF, you all married up now?

Chris

blue86buick
July 15, 2004, 12:57 PM
Come to Murfreesboro & bust a few caps at OnTarget indoor range

What?!? There's an indoor range in Murfreesboro?? I bet it's a good one too....man oh man, why did we have to move out of there? :(

My folks and I used to live on Waterford Road. Great town. Now I'm dealing with Iowa gun laws.

TomSwift
July 15, 2004, 06:18 PM
tlhelmer:
If you are coming next week, are you here for the NAMM show?

If you like good tacos and beer, visit San Antonio Taco on 21st Avenue South. It's right across the street from Vanderbilt. Sit outside under the trees, drink beer, and watch the coeds.

BTW: On Target in Murfreesboro has changed their URL, the new one is:
http://www.ontargetindoorshooting.com

They reopened about 6 weeks ago from the fire last Fall.
Day membership is $15 and a second person can share the lane for $7.

tlhelmer
July 15, 2004, 06:21 PM
Nope,

What is NAMM?

Going with my wife while she attends a securities class.

TomSwift
July 15, 2004, 06:24 PM
NAMM - National Association of Music Merchandisers. Thought you might have been in the retail part of the music business since it is next week. I have to attend an manufacturers conference on Sunday. See my edited post above for another eatery with a view.

Bainx
July 15, 2004, 07:12 PM
Side Note:

If you are in that area a couple of times per year, check out the TN Military Collectors shows that are held twice a year.

http://www.tmcaonline.org/ (http://)

TomSwift
July 16, 2004, 12:48 AM
Also check out Franklin Gun Shop. The best selection in Middle Tennessee and great staff (family owned and managed). Straight down I-65 South to Exit 64.

Franklin Gun Shop (http://www.franklingunshop.com)

earthworm
July 16, 2004, 04:29 AM
Speciality Arms II in Lavergne is OK but I get lots of negativity from them sometimes:one day you're the greatest person to walk in the door,next day it's "Who're you?". The TWRA range in Antioch IS nice & pretty but a bit over-regulated for my taste:keep all arms incased,no "human" targets,a cease-fire every 10 mins,but that's what you expect from the state.
Franklin Gun Shop is nice.

davek
July 16, 2004, 12:03 PM
Man look at all the people from Middle Tennessee! My wife's family is from there. We visit Eagleville all the time. Eventually we plan to move to Rock Vale. We've got some land that we plan on building on some day.

OEF_VET
July 17, 2004, 11:49 AM
cslinger - Yep, I'se all married up now. And happy about it too!

Tom Swift - SATCO is ok if you don't mind risking a bit of food poisoning. My wife got bad food there twice, then she stopped going. Which is a shame, because it does taste good and the views are great. Oh, and Franklin Gun is at exit 65. (I live about a mile away, my wife is going to learn to regret living here. :D )

earthworm - I ran into the same problem at Stone's Creek. The RO tore down my target, even though several of his colleagues had seen it and didn't seem to mind. He did say you can shoot targets that look like deer and such. So, the next time I go, I'm taking a blown-up picture of Bambi. We'll see how that sets off his 'sensitivities'.

Here's a list of most of the gun shops in the immediate area:
Franklin Gun, Franklin - great
Reloader's Bench, Mt. Juliet - great
On Target - haven't been since they reopened
A.S.P., Joelton - pretty good
Specialty Arms II - Lavernge - pretty good
Sporting Arms, Charlotte Pike - OK (limited selection)
Gun City, Murfreesboro Rd. - alright at times
There's another one on Charlote Pike, but the name escapes me right now. They have a rather limited selection and are a bit overpriced, but you can occassionally find a decent deal there.

For ranges, there are:
Indoor:
Gun City - it's called the 'dungeon' for a reason
On Target - again, haven't been lately, but it was great, you can rent full-auto
A.S.P. - Ok, small
Outdoor:
Stone's Creek - state run, weekends only, full-auto is ok
Cheatham County - state owned, unsupervised, fun
Owl Hollow - private club, OK (I'm a member. If you want to try it out, maybe we can get-together)

Skeet Ranges:
Nashville Gun Club, Briley Pkwy. - looks pretty nice
Big Springs, Murfreesboro - supposed to be one of the best in the state

HTH
Frank

If you enjoyed reading about "I am going to Nashville Tenn. next week...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!