LA City Attorney & LA Times, bashing the Evil .50 cal pistol!

PDA

Tady45
February 15, 2003, 11:01 AM
So at 4 pounds and $1,000 dollars, our sheeple are already shaking in the boots about the new (and not even out yet) .50 cal pistol by S&W Yes, a gangbangers dream, the press this handgun is getting is sickening to listen to. Bercause the Gun lobby controls California (now there is a laugh) this dreadnought will soon be making an apperance in our liberal tree hugging state! This typical nonsense, gves me a headache. Anyway, that's the latest from the once Golden State. Now, lets see, where can I get a holster for this beast :neener:

Larry

If you enjoyed reading about "LA City Attorney & LA Times, bashing the Evil .50 cal pistol!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
12.7x99mm
February 15, 2003, 11:16 AM
Yeah. But lets see how long it takes Hollyweird to bring it into a movie and make money from it. Its kinda funny that CA has massive gun control. But yet every thing on the TV and in movies shows a person pointing a gun someone.

Crazy! :scrutiny:

XLMiguel
February 15, 2003, 12:00 PM
Can't add much to what Tady & 12.7 said except that all the mewling toady hypocrits in CA make me :barf: :barf: :barf:

1badmagnum
February 15, 2003, 12:09 PM
BET THAT JERK IS DRIVING A NAVIGATOR AND IS TRYING TO KILL ME IN MY NISSAN SENTRA!

MAYBE WE SHOULD BAN NAVIGATORS!:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Croyance
February 15, 2003, 12:21 PM
What is sad is that the sheer amount of press may bring about what these idiots fear. After no shootings with Casulls and Linebaughs, the S&W may actually be used, now.

Hkmp5sd
February 15, 2003, 12:36 PM
Unless they add it to **********'s list of good guns, and since everyone in ********** obey's their gun laws, they will never see a copy, right?

larryw
February 15, 2003, 01:04 PM
If I was in SW's marketing dept., I'd be thrilled with this coverage: in many cases, bad press is good for business. For those not on the presss release list, the SF Chron, LA Times and the rest are doing a wonderful job making everyone aware of/creating demand for the new gun.

Oh, and I'm sure SW will certify it for CA: I doubt they'd ignore the market that accounts for over 25% of national gun revenue. And with all this free advertising they're getting... :neener:

BenW
February 15, 2003, 01:09 PM
Unless they add it to **********'s list of good guns, and since everyone in ********** obey's their gun laws, they will never see a copy, right?
BINGO. I sure would like to see that question brought up at a press conference with the LA City attorney just to see how he tries to weasel out of it.

Is S&W even going to submit it to the "safety test"?

CZ-75
February 15, 2003, 01:20 PM
OMG, the dreaded .50 SNIPER PISTOL. :D

Airwolf
February 15, 2003, 08:03 PM
This is probably what has them freaked out:

From Gunblast.com coverage of the SHOT show... http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_2003_1.htm

http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2003_Day1/DSC05638.jpg

10-Ring
February 15, 2003, 09:23 PM
When wil common sense prevail? :banghead: :scrutiny: :cuss:

Schuey2002
February 15, 2003, 09:30 PM
Reason #500 to move out of Kali..;) :o

Navy joe
February 15, 2003, 11:31 PM
The company is a media darling because it is a sellout. My local anti rag (The Daily Press, don't buy it) ran a article on it in the business section like it was an everyday thing to drop an article on a gun company that comes out with a new product to prop up its sagging market share. Funny, I missed their article on the Kel-Tec SU-16, guess that will be on the editorial page since it's evvvilll!

Blackhawk
February 16, 2003, 01:47 AM
The long barrel version would be a great conversation piece while talking with home invaders.... :neener:

Kahr carrier
February 16, 2003, 05:50 AM
That short barrel 500 in Airwolfs post looks COOL .I love to see the muzzle flash on that beast. Knowing our luck in the Prk the dream team Peralta ,Boxer an Feinstein will get wind of the Gangbanger special 500 S&W cop killa gun and ban it .:( :cuss: :banghead:

trapshooter
February 16, 2003, 12:27 PM
HA! I was only joking about the three-inch carry version.

Now that S&W has called my bluff, I'm hosed.:what:

Now I'm with Tamara. It is a senseless I want one waste I want one of gun metal to put such a big I want one cartridge into such an undersized I want one gun!

There is always a limit. This thing has so many anti's panties in a twist that I have to get one. Sorry, Mike I.

SkaerE
February 16, 2003, 12:44 PM
Now, lets see, where can I get a holster for this beast

holster? HA! im building a mount on the roof of my truck. :)

right next to the one for the Desert Eagle ;)

Airwolf
February 16, 2003, 12:54 PM
There is always a limit. This thing has so many anti's panties in a twist that I have to get one.

I have to really wonder if somewhere in S&W's collective brain this thought was there as well.

I feel the same way. The chances that this will get on the PRK approved list is small, but if it does I'll start selling off stuff (not guns) to get one ASAP.

Cosmoline
February 16, 2003, 02:20 PM
The depths to which antis will sink never ceases to amaze me. Let's say I'm a criminal. Am I going to go buy an incredibly expensive firearm shooting equally expensive and hard-to-find ammo? Let's see what would happen if I did:

--Everyone at the gun store would remember me as "that guy who actually bought one of the new 500's"

--Every shooter who saw me would want to come up and discuss the merits of the firearm with me.

--I could only conceal it if I were very thin and wearing an XXL arctic-grade winter coat.

--If I ever shot someone with it in an enclosed space like a 7-11, I would probably blow out my own eardrums. I would also alert a multi-block area and leave behind a bullet that could only have been fired from a tiny handful of rare and expensive firearms. (Not even the .50 AE can throw the massive slugs this thing lugs)

Obviously, given these considerations, criminals are going to drop their stolen .22's, .38's and 9mm's and start buying these new revolvers.

stans
February 17, 2003, 09:14 AM
Well, during the Klinton administration hundreds of M1 Garands were torched because they were assualt weapons that were preferred by street gangs.

Dad-Gummit
February 17, 2003, 11:53 AM
I wonder what the recoil would do if you shot the .50 gansta style?

XLMiguel
February 17, 2003, 01:02 PM
Dad- that's funny. I can just see some OG dweeb lighting that thing off and the recoil driving his hand back around and taking out all his teeth with the gun body.

Obviously, Chicken Little was a journalist. Haven't those twinkies ever heard of the .50 AE, or did I just miss the wailing and knashing of teeth when that round was introduced? What's the big whoop?

If you enjoyed reading about "LA City Attorney & LA Times, bashing the Evil .50 cal pistol!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!