Packing my bags, ready to roll!

PDA

Glockster35
February 15, 2003, 12:12 PM
Don't know how many posters here have deployed already, but I am set to go anyday now.

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be gone for a long while...I can't say where or when but it will be soon enough.

I will be part of a two man weapons maintenance team in a forward location. We will work on anything from M9's to MK 19 grenade launchers.

Stay safe and watch your backs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Packing my bags, ready to roll!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg L
February 15, 2003, 12:16 PM
Stay safe and watch your backs.

You too.

Thanks for doing what many won't.

Greg

Mr Jody Hudson
February 15, 2003, 12:32 PM
I wish you all the best and thank you so very much for your support of our country, when we need it so much and when so many won't. Thanks to you and all who go...

coonan357
February 15, 2003, 12:36 PM
Glockster, may your God watch over you and return you safely , and most of all THanks...

krept
February 15, 2003, 12:42 PM
Thanks for putting it on the line for us

geekWithA.45
February 15, 2003, 12:44 PM
May the Force be with you.

May you never need your sidearm,
but if that simple prayer should fail,
May it fly to your hand.

sonny
February 15, 2003, 12:51 PM
Put a boot in one of their cans for me :fire: ..... I owe you.

Diesle
February 15, 2003, 02:44 PM
Travel Well and Fast!

<Salute>

Diesle

SodaPop
February 15, 2003, 02:53 PM
Stay safe.

Schuey2002
February 15, 2003, 02:57 PM
Godspeed,Glockster35.:)

cobb
February 15, 2003, 03:31 PM
Take care and best of luck to ya.

ACP230
February 15, 2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks for your service.

Dan Morris
February 15, 2003, 04:19 PM
Hang tite dude.....in the years of past, a LOT of us DID!
Dan

The Mayor
February 15, 2003, 04:35 PM
The pride of a nation walks with you.

NotQuiteSane
February 15, 2003, 04:56 PM
Glockster, and everyone else going,

Perhaps we could get a listing of contact info for our boys & girls "over there" so if any members wanted to send care packages, it would be easy to find them.

Mod's could such a list be made a float?

NQS

Gordon
February 15, 2003, 05:02 PM
Thank you and stay covered!

DAL
February 15, 2003, 05:32 PM
Good luck. Are you taking your Glock?
DAL

Dannyboy
February 15, 2003, 05:44 PM
Good luck, buddy. Take care and stay safe. You can always look forward to all that tax free pay + combat pay + whatever else they'll be paying you. Even better is thinking about the new
gun(s) you could get when you get back.

JeremyIA
February 15, 2003, 06:21 PM
Be safe and give em heck and come back soon! Wish I could go with you. I'm stuck stateside for another 16 months.

jmbg29
February 15, 2003, 06:41 PM
Get 'em! But stay safe doing it! :D

http://www.jamezbrown.com/mysmilies/contrib/navigator/usa.gif

Gewehr98
February 15, 2003, 06:46 PM
Using dialup with a laptop is just a hoot, but better than nothing, I suppose. The time offset from stateside makes for a lot of fun, too. ;)

KMKeller
February 15, 2003, 06:47 PM
Stand tall friend, but keep your head down. Speak to you soon.

Monkeyleg
February 15, 2003, 07:01 PM
Stay safe, Glockster, and may it all be over soon. You're the pride of our nation.

Vorpal
February 15, 2003, 08:22 PM
All the luck to you and your buds,Go USA:D

Larry

Still Learning
February 15, 2003, 08:32 PM
We'll do our best to keep everything safe and well here at home and will be waiting for y'all to come back safe and well.

hansolo
February 15, 2003, 11:02 PM
We're behind you NOW, and look forward to your return.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Glockster35
February 16, 2003, 03:11 AM
Thanks guys,

I can't take any of my guns with me, mostly because I don't have them here with me, but also because it is illegal to take them.

I don't have an address over there yet, but care packages would be great.

I can take 4 bags with me, and they are all full and I have a bunch more to pack up and bring...I don't recall it being so difficult to pack during Desert Storm.

Maybe it's because I am getting older and want thte nicetlies nowdays.

Giant
February 16, 2003, 04:24 AM
Glockster35, we'll be taking care of business here at home, while you take care of business out there in the dunes. Stay careful!

Thanks for your service in keeping our country safe.

Giant

Slow
February 16, 2003, 04:58 AM
You are in my prayers...

Kahr carrier
February 16, 2003, 05:08 AM
Good Luck and stay safe hopefully its over fast.:)

Lennyjoe
February 16, 2003, 05:16 AM
Glockster, too bad you aint coming over here.

JimP is here on the western front with me here in Asia too.

Desert life sucks man. Been there done that. Damn sand gets everywhere. Specially them sand storms.

Keep yourself safe and return home to the motherland soon.

KillitnGrillit
February 16, 2003, 05:54 AM
Been there,done that,got the t-shirt,wish I could do that again,bye the way I fired the Mark 19 against the republican guards in the first gulf war,that is one bad mo fo of a weapon.;)

Glockster35
February 16, 2003, 06:26 AM
Like I said I was in the "Storm", got there a little late but was there anyway. Going over there this time is nothing new to me. This time I will be much closer to the action though, for that I am thankful. I won't be in a direct combat role, more of a support role. I wasn't able to spin up for Afghanistan due to my job at the time, I want to go this time around.

I didn't live in a tent last time (Dhahran AB, before it blew), and I am sure I will be doing so this go round. I will do what I can to get by, shouldn't be too hard. The living conditions are said to be poor at best so I can imagine the sand and stuff flying around.

I am hearing we have been pushed back a few days now, so should be sometime next week. Staying home with the family until then, since I haven't had a chance to spend quality time in the last few months...been training the troops up so they could get out of here.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm sure we will do you proud this time around.

mowgli
February 16, 2003, 06:46 AM
If anyone going out ends up in Kuwait with some free time (I know doubtful). Give me a message, and I will show you the best places to eat, and buy carpets. Sorry no taverns here AFAIK.

Mi casa su casa.

Stay safe.

February 16, 2003, 08:10 AM
mowgli -
If you can hook up with someone from the US embassy there, they have a couple of good bars at the Embassy. One run by the Marines and one run by the American employees group.

Redlg155
February 16, 2003, 10:38 AM
Take care of yourself and stay safe!

Hopefully you've found some room in your bags for a mini coleman type mulitifuel stove. I wrote Coleman during Iraq asking about a stove that would burn mogas and they sent me a PEAK 1 free of charge! Best thing that ever happened to me. I was the most popular guy around when I got my family to send me some real coffee and ramen noodles!:D

Sometimes the little things in life make being away much more bearable.

Good Shooting
RED

Gewehr98
February 16, 2003, 10:59 AM
To buy a few subscriptions of SWAT Magazine and send them out to the APO and FPO addresses, to let them know they were being thought of by the former TFL family.

Glockster35
February 16, 2003, 11:14 AM
Gewehr98,

I'd definately take you up on the subscription. I think SWAT magazine is by far the best weapons magazine on the market currently.

Rich and the guys/girls are really producing a quality product. But at this time in my life, I have decided to not buy any more gun magazines...since I can't buy any guns in Germany right now.

I may have to re-think this stand though.

Lennyjoe
February 16, 2003, 11:33 AM
mowgli, dude I could use a few boxes of Havana Honey cigars.

A buddy of mine sent me some from there a while ago and I'm all out. Cant find any at all here in Korea.

They still letting you all go shopping down at Fahil?

mowgli
February 16, 2003, 11:47 AM
Lennyjoe,

They say the 7pm to 7am curfew won't start until Uncle Sam opens up the poverbial can of Whup A$$. Small price for me to pay in the scheme of things. Shopping is still a possibility.

Send me an e-mail with your address and specifics. We can work something out. I would love to trade for a big steak and a double order of lemon soju from the Nashville in Itaewon.

krept
February 16, 2003, 12:05 PM
You guys can bring your own fixed blades or folders, right? Might be a good investment.

Thanks again to all who are going or are already there. We've got your backs.

Hawkeye755
February 16, 2003, 12:09 PM
Good luck and be safe.

OF
February 16, 2003, 12:23 PM
Good luck and God speed!

- Gabe

Glockster35
March 21, 2003, 12:54 PM
Just wanted to update all of you on my current status...I am still sitting at home in Germany, pissed off at the world!

It seems that a certain Government North of Iraq has decided that Americans can't use their land for the war, and may not be able to use their air space either.

Until they either open their borders or an air base is opened elsewhere I will be sitting this war out also. This is something I am not at all happy about!

shermacman
March 21, 2003, 01:18 PM
No matter when you go or even if you go, you have my thanks for your service to our country. God bless you, your family, your friends and your fellow soldiers.

meathammer
March 21, 2003, 01:26 PM
Many thanks to you Glockster, good luck and take care!

QuickDraw
March 21, 2003, 02:07 PM
Until they either open their borders or an air base is opened elsewhere I will be sitting this war out also. This is something I am not at all happy about!

Glockster35,

Be careful what you wish for,you just might get it.

Whatever happens,be safe.

Thank you for being there!

QuickDraw

krept
March 21, 2003, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the update. We are behind you 100%.

megatronrules
March 21, 2003, 04:28 PM
Good luck and god bless. Stay safe over there.Thank you for you're service.

echo3mike
March 21, 2003, 04:53 PM
Godspeed...

YOU stay safe and watch your six. And don't be in too much of a hurry...looks like there'll be plenty for everyone.

S.

Penman
March 21, 2003, 06:26 PM
God Bless and Godspeed to all of our troops, wherever they are serving. Special wishes to their families also.

It would be a great feature if we could have a section with the contact information of members who are overseas, along with any requests they might have for packages from home.

Nightcrawler
March 21, 2003, 06:28 PM
Take care, man. Take care.

Jedi_7.62
March 21, 2003, 09:10 PM
Give'em Hell and get back safe! Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Packing my bags, ready to roll!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!