O'Franken Factor debating AWB now!

PDA

morganm01
July 15, 2004, 03:19 PM
Call in live at 1-866-303-2270.

Please articulate something well thought out if you do call in. His favorite line of the morning has been...

"you don't need an AK47 to hunt with do you?"

If you enjoyed reading about "O'Franken Factor debating AWB now!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nazirite
July 15, 2004, 04:41 PM
Need has nothing to do with it, too bad some people just don’t get it. :rolleyes:

DonP
July 16, 2004, 11:22 AM
Al never has a problem getting both members of his listening audience to agree with him.

I caught a few of their shows in Chicago before the local station pulled the plug because their checks were bouncing. I also saw the ratings books and they weren't pretty. The local market Polish language broadcasts were getting better ratings.

It was NOT entertaining or informative radio. One Kool Aid drinker after another calling to say why they hated Bush and Republicans so much. With an occasional rant at "So called Democrats" like Zell Miller and what a jerk Joe Lieberman was for trying to compromise with the evil Republicans.

The afternoon show with Randi Rhodes (sp?) was a real knee slapper. She screams at callers and hangs up on them, even when they were trying to agree with her on how evil GWB and his evil cabal are. What got me is they seemed to enjoy it. Striong masochistic streak going there.

Their fundamental take on the AWB is the usual "it's all about machine guns" or "you don't need an AK47 to hunt deer", as if any of them had ever hunted before and might know what you did need.

R.H. Lee
July 16, 2004, 06:17 PM
"you don't need an AK47 to hunt with do you?"

I MAY need an AK47 (or some variant thereof) to HUNT tyrants and other despots (or some variant thereof). Is that a "legitimate sporting purpose"?

If you enjoyed reading about "O'Franken Factor debating AWB now!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!