It's here it's here!!!!

PDA

FMarlon
July 15, 2004, 03:42 PM
I just got back from the mailbox and there nestled between a bill and some junk mail, was the envelope with my ccw permit in it! Yay!

Just thought I would share that with everyone.

If you enjoyed reading about "It's here it's here!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
grimlock
July 15, 2004, 03:58 PM
Congratulations! I just got mine the other day.

Knives
July 15, 2004, 03:59 PM
Congrats. :D

FMarlon
July 15, 2004, 04:03 PM
Awesome!

I am gonna carry for the first time today. I am sure that I will feel paranoind that everyone knows and can see the (minor) printing of the butt of my sw6906.

Ok, it has a decock/safety on it, should I use the decock for a safety, or should I do what my ccw instructor said and leave it "hot" (it is da/sa) so in a high pressure situation I dont draw and start pulling a dead trigger?

Drjones
July 15, 2004, 04:12 PM
I am gonna carry for the first time today. I am sure that I will feel paranoind that everyone knows and can see the (minor) printing of the butt of my sw6906.

If you know you are printing, why don't you do something about it? :scrutiny:

In some places, printing is considered "brandishing" and will get you in a lot of trouble.

Ok, it has a decock/safety on it, should I use the decock for a safety, or should I do what my ccw instructor said and leave it "hot" (it is da/sa) so in a high pressure situation I dont draw and start pulling a dead trigger?

Listen to your instructor, he is wise.

Relying on a firearm's manual safety will get you or someone else killed. (1911's excluded.)

Anyone who feels the need to rely on a manual safety should not be carrying nor handling firearms, IMO.

jpIII
July 15, 2004, 04:24 PM
congrats on the ccw!

You will probably feel a little ackward at first, but you'll get used to it.

In no time it will seem like carrying around 2 pounds of additional metal all day long is normal.:confused:

I've had my ccw for a little over a year, and already it feels funny to be without it. (some places are off limit.:mad: :fire: :mad: )

I encourage you to carry 24/7.
The more responsible citizens we arm the better off we all are.

If you enjoyed reading about "It's here it's here!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!