Colorado Get Together?

PDA

Larry Ashcraft
July 15, 2004, 04:23 PM
Shall we do this again? Of course, we'll miss Labgrade, but Crystal said she would try to come. And Steve Smith is overseas. How about everybody else?

Last year's event:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40082&highlight=the+high+road+in+colorado

I think we ought to do it a little earlier this year to assure good weather. Of course we can use my place again or I'm open to suggestions, we'll go wherever it is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colorado Get Together?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sisco
July 15, 2004, 07:48 PM
Just let me know and if circumstances allow I'll be there!

motorep
July 16, 2004, 08:25 PM
Where and when? I've been doing Sundays at Clear Creek with my oldest daughter- 19- " Dad, let's just shoot the real guns, no .22s. (read AR15s and 1911s). And can I try the sniper rifles next week?" (spotted the 700 LTRs in the safe).

Larry Ashcraft
July 16, 2004, 09:42 PM
I'm thinking late August, last year we missed the peak of the sweet corn season and we caught the first cold weekend in September.

Where? Up to you guys. My place is available again, but wherever it is, we'll be there. I buy the meat, provide the dill pickles, salsa, sweet corn, my mom-in-law provides the deviled eggs.

My back-door range is 25 yards, worked OK last year.

Last year, Steve Smith about kicked my butt making me accept donations for the meal. This year, all donations will go to Crystal Albertus. No arguments about that.

Let me know what dates would work for everybody.

motorep
July 16, 2004, 10:40 PM
I'm out of town 28 Aug to 1 Sept. Can probably fit any other date to my schedule.

Standing Wolf
July 16, 2004, 10:57 PM
Any time will be fine with me, and I'll be glad to pitch in as needed.

Zundfolge
July 16, 2004, 11:46 PM
Just lemme know when and me and the Mrs. will be there!

As long as August isn't too hot down Pueblo way, I'm game for then.

sm
July 17, 2004, 11:28 AM
I'm afraid I will have to miss - again. School starts back the middle of August. I have some other matters to deal with before then.

I'm still smarting because I did not attend the invite labgrade extended... We just don't know when there not be a next time. You folks have fun, give my best to Crystal. Someone give Crystal and Sandy a hug for me.

Steve

TaxPhd
July 17, 2004, 11:37 AM
My schedule in August is crazy, but if I'm around, I'll be there, and can certainly help out any way that is needed.

Scott

eerw
July 18, 2004, 10:06 AM
Things will be crazy...with work and possible shooting a couple of matches to shoot in the state..Mile Hi showdown and the CO state steel challenge and a Glock match..

Last year was a great time though..I feel lucky to have met Labgrade.

let me know when and what I can do to help out..

Zak Smith
July 18, 2004, 12:03 PM
Hi Guys.

I'm busy just about every weekend in August. The 18th-29th is pretty much out completely.

-z

Larry Ashcraft
July 18, 2004, 12:53 PM
Well, how's September 4th? The 11th would be alright too, but we might be pushing our luck on the weather again.

Justin
July 18, 2004, 04:07 PM
My schedule has me working pretty much seven days a week. It doesn't matter when we decide to hold the gathering, I'll find a way to be there. Last year was a great time, and I wouldn't want to miss this year for anything.

:)

Edward429451
July 18, 2004, 04:23 PM
I'm up for it if scheduling allows...

Could kick myself for missing last year.

Billll
July 18, 2004, 05:04 PM
Late Aug/ early Sept, whenever. I'm in and probably James too. We'll work on the details of the story of the black helocopter he shot down with Labgrades 309 TC.

MoNsTeR
July 19, 2004, 09:54 AM
As of Aug 7 I'll be living in Virginia, so unless someone can teleport me back :uhoh: I'm going to miss it.

:mad:

eerw
July 19, 2004, 11:14 AM
MoNsTeR

sorry to see ya go..good luck

Reno
July 19, 2004, 02:25 PM
Is anyone welcome?

I don't know if I'd be able to give some money for it right now, but I'd be glad to help with setup and the like, assuming I can make it.

Larry Ashcraft
July 19, 2004, 03:22 PM
Reno,

Money not needed now, or then. Anyone welcome. Last year everyone brought covered dishes, drinks, silverware, deviled eggs, Michelob, ice, whatever. I will provide the meat and the sweet corn again.

Last year, Steve Smith insisted on taking donations for the food. If we do donations again this year, I will insist the money go to Crystal Albertus.

BTW, I have a 25 yard berm in the back yard. Since my neighbors are close, I'm going to ask for a limit to handgun calibers only (altho last year we had some fun with Labgrade's 309 JDJ)

Ian
July 19, 2004, 09:57 PM
I'd love to attend (I missed last year's), though I'm leaving for school on the 21st of August.

P95Carry
July 19, 2004, 10:17 PM
Sure wish there were not so many states ''in the way'' Larry - nothing I'd enjoy more than seeing you guys. Hope tho you'll get something fixed and get lots of good pics. We may have an east PA shoot mid Sept so - could be some pics from that will come along too.

Good luck with it ....:)

Larry Ashcraft
July 27, 2004, 12:10 PM
Any consensus on the date? Sept. 4th or 11th or?

Crystal sent me a note saying she would be here if possible.

WYO
July 28, 2004, 09:50 AM
Sept. 4 is in the middle of the long labor day weekend, and we couldn't make that, but we can do the 11th.

TaxPhd
July 28, 2004, 10:14 AM
Labor Day weekend might not be the best. Lots of folks have already got plans.

Scott

Larry Ashcraft
July 28, 2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I realized the 4th is Labor Day. No good.

So let's tentatively call it Sept. 11th. Any input?

Also, if need be, could somebody from up north bring Crystal with you? She's in Longmont. Not sure if she needs a ride but I will email her and offer if someone can pick her up.

Zak Smith
July 28, 2004, 01:47 PM
Sat Sept 11 is okay with us. If needed, we could pick Crystal up on the way down.

-z

motorep
July 28, 2004, 06:21 PM
The 11th would be great for me. What's on the agenda? Shooting , cookout, .....?

Dr.Rob
July 28, 2004, 07:54 PM
Sept 11th works great for me. Any requests?

Food, guns, etc?

Any special needs?

Rob

Zak Smith
July 29, 2004, 03:29 AM
Handgun calibers only, again? Any requests?

I can bring some IPSC targets and tape, same as last time.

Sisco
July 29, 2004, 06:20 AM
The 11th works for me. Let me know what to bring.

Standing Wolf
August 3, 2004, 06:47 PM
The eleventh works for me. I'll be there with bells on. Heck, I'll probably even wear clothes, too.

Larry Ashcraft
August 3, 2004, 06:57 PM
Same as last year. Cookout, shooting, visiting. If anyone needs directions, PM me, I have them here at the work computer.

We'll provide the meat and sweet corn and I'm pretty sure Smoke Rizen will provide some fresh caught Alaskan salmon.

I'll have the Boss post later on what else we will need.:D

Zundfolge
August 3, 2004, 09:32 PM
September 11th is perfect for me.

Every September 11th I have the urge to shoot something :fire:

I'll be sure to bring some Osama targets. :evil:

Eating pork is a bonus.

Sisco
August 3, 2004, 10:17 PM
Osama targets
You know what, I just happen to have one stored on my computer here at work and there's a copy machine about 10 feet away. :scrutiny:

Deepdiver
August 5, 2004, 07:01 PM
All,

Last year was fun - thanks, Larry, for putting it together again.

I would like to make it this year but might be muzzle loader - elk hunting (opens on the 11th). Could be that I don't head up 'til the 12th and that would allow me to show up at the rally.

I should know soon.

Make sure you post the "needs" so I can sign up for something.

...and, yeah. I have been MIA for a while, but should be around a bit more now.

Stay safe.

DD

Sandy Ashcraft
August 11, 2004, 08:59 PM
I am wondering if there is anybody that has kids, or grandkids to bring? We have a pretty good place for kids to play.

Last year we provided hamburgers and hot dogs and fixins and everybody else just brought what they like. We have lots of parties here so we always have lots of paper plates and plastic ware. We go through a lot of drinks so bring your favorite.

Larry really really likes deviled eggs!;)

And I like to cook so if you bring something good please bring the recipe.

Sisco
August 11, 2004, 09:37 PM
Larry really really likes deviled eggs!
I guess so! Last year I heard there were like a couple hundred dozen deviled eggs but I didn't see any of them.
Rumor has it Larry has a refrigerated gun safe. :D

P95Carry
August 11, 2004, 10:13 PM
Outsider chipping in again (still wish I was not so far away) .... Sandy - may I just say a warm welcome to you?:) I count Larry as being amongst my few good friends here on THR and am pleased to see you here.

I hope the event goes well and will look forward to a write-up and pics later if possible.

Sandy Ashcraft
August 11, 2004, 10:25 PM
Outsider? Nobody is an outsider here. PA isn't that far away why don't you and Bonnie come on out?

I see you, Larry and Steve get in a lot of trouble on here.

BTW, here is where I introduced myself:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94306

P95Carry
August 11, 2004, 10:40 PM
Sandy - sorry I was remiss and did not see your intro thread .. nonetheless, my welcome is just the same - if belated!

Oh - I wish ......... Bonnie has unfortunately used up almost all of her vacation time this year .... plus, Sept 11 is our second big bike run this year - relatively local and ... it's been on calendar for ages!

Me Larry and Steve .... trouble?? Hey, what's that!?? :D I am as pure as the driven snow (believe that - you'll believe anything LOL ).

I do tho wish you guys a great time .... if last one was anything to go by it was successful to 100% and more. I do hope dear Crystal can make it - what I'd give to be there to give that gal a HUGE hug.:)

hkOrion
August 17, 2004, 12:07 AM
Larry & Sandy,

I'm pretty new to the forum around here, but I'd love to stop on by. Might even bring my wife to show her that we're not all nuts! and I can't wait to see what Standing Wolf looks like...

Please send some directions my way and anything you need to be brought.

hkOrion

Jon Coppenbarger
August 17, 2004, 05:40 PM
Was waiting on a cetain date to be set as last year I was ill that day or would of drove down with pete, steve and justin.
It sounded like a great time had by all but with me feeling bad and the high wind that day I just could not make it.

Again this year I will not be around for the 10th, 11th and 12th.
I go up to the range to open it up for out of town folks and non members to camp out. Sat. I help run and instruct a 600 yard clinic and then sunday is our fall highpower match and as director I need to be there.

hope to see you all some time in the future. maybe this winter on some good days we all can ran down to pueblo west and have a few hours of fun as Iam a member there also.

Thanks Jon Coppenbarger

Larry Ashcraft
August 17, 2004, 05:57 PM
Shame, Jon, we would like to meet you. I saw your name on the sign-in sheet at the Whittington Center June 26th. I would have looked for you but I don't know what you look like. ;) Give me a call when you want to shoot at PWSA, Bud and I would join you.

hkOrion, check your pm's.

Sisco
August 18, 2004, 02:38 PM
Had a hard decision to make.

Just found out that a charity benifit motorcycle rally & poker run I've always wanted to attend is also scheduled for the 11th. It's put on by some of my co-workers and I've never attended before becase I didn't have a bike. That changed last month when I finally bought one.

So anyway, I had to decide what to do. Really wanted to go Larry's agian, really wanted to cruise 150 miles with 300-400 other bikes.
Afraid the new hobby won out on this one. That and the chance to win $$$$ at the poker run! :rolleyes:

Ranald
August 22, 2004, 02:38 PM
Hello. I am Ranald, in Canon City Co. Commute to Pueblo 5-6 days a week). Pretty new to the Board, but interested in the Sept 11 shoot. If newcomers arent a problem, let me know, and line me out on procedures, what to bring etc. Are 13 yr olds allowed, too?
Thanks......

Larry Ashcraft
August 22, 2004, 06:00 PM
If newcomers arent a problem, let me know
Newcomers are pretty much what this is all about, since this is only our second one. Your 13 year old is welcome, as are all kids. I can PM you some directions tomorrow morning from my work computer. Bring what you like to eat. We provide the burgers and fixin's, sweet corn if available, and plates, silverware, etc. Ice and drinks are always welcome.

We only have a small berm out back, plus neighbors, so we ask pistol calibers only please (but the Uzi was a blast last year, so full auto is OK).

We were just up your way yesterday, Florence and Canon, visiting some relatives.

Larry Ashcraft
August 22, 2004, 06:02 PM
We'll miss our KS neighbor, but I can't say I blame you, sounds like a blast. :D

Have fun.

Larry

Larry Ashcraft
August 22, 2004, 11:28 PM
Got this idea from the Round table.

How about we send our friend Labgrade out with a real salute; a 21 gun salute (or 42 or 63) at my house.

Crystal wll be here, let's let her know how much we cared for him.

I know I said pistol calibers only, but a few Garands for a salute would work fine.

Zak Smith
August 22, 2004, 11:38 PM
I've got two Garands I can bring.

-z

gyp_c2
August 23, 2004, 12:58 AM
...I'll make sure there's sugar for the coffee...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bandit.gif

P95Carry
August 23, 2004, 11:28 AM
The ''Outsider'' is butting in again Larry .... but yeah ... a 21 gun salute for Alan would be excellent and fitting, in particular for Crystal's sake if she is able to be there.

Could I add ... maybe one other salute whilst possible ... for Will Mattingly .. our own Kentucky Rifle .... seems fitting somehow to also honor his time spent with us.

Larry Ashcraft
August 23, 2004, 10:56 PM
gyp_c2 wrote:
...I'll make sure there's sugar for the coffee...
*sigh*

(Sorry, Lawdog)

Make one itsy bitsy mistake and pay for it forever. :D Note: if you need anything in our kitchen, ask Sandy, not me. :D

Chris, excellent idea. Of course we have to remember Will, I sent flowers to his funeral. We were discussing a possible trip to Colorado shortly before his death.

Zak, bring the Garands, I have one and Bud will bring his, and maybe we can scrounge up a 1903 or three. I have a couple hundred 30-06 blanks we can use, if need be.

I have been asked to give Crystal a hug for several people.

Sorry, I'm gonna be selfish and give Crystal a hug for me. :p

Kidding of course, I will give Crystal a hug from all of us.

P95Carry
August 23, 2004, 11:09 PM
Thx Larry - funny - older I get, the more these things matter.

gyp_c2
August 24, 2004, 01:38 AM
...too hard too resist!...http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/scorchio/sasmokin.gif

Of course I'm comin' if the "creek don't rise"!!!

So it's set on this date (9-11) ?!
... at the "rancho de cottonwood" ?

...can't wait...!!!

...Are YA' sendin' up a smoke-signal or postin' a map?

I think I remember the route, but a few reminders might be in-order...I've got yer' number here someplace...what a great time of year to head...

!!!HOME!!!

sm
August 24, 2004, 02:14 AM
I am wondering if there is anybody that has kids, or grandkids to bring? We have a pretty good place for kids to play.-Sandy
I didn't grow up - I just got bigger :D

My ears were burning...I figured something was up , probably involved Chris and Larry...now I have to add Sandy.

Phooey! My class schedule changed 4 times before school started- then I changed it two more times myself. I attend every day - no nights tho'. Lets see I need to find a bag of money laying around first. Lets see - I get out of class at Noon Friday and have to back Monday at 8:30 am. In a straight line I'm 6.5 " away- 975 miles. I'm legal in OK ,TX for sure - squeeze thru the Panhandle . IIRC either AR Res or Non Res FL is legal in CO ...have to check , surely one or both is.

Maybe I need to make sure no exams or labs scheduled on the 13th...or get a note saying I'm sick. ( cough, cough, sneeze).

I'm getting really tempted here....never been to CO. Its not that I haven't arrived back in town - just in time for class before...humm...I have to think on this.

I just noticed the 11th of Sept is Patriot Day .

Sandy Ashcraft
August 26, 2004, 10:56 PM
Nobody has said anything about times. Larry and I are always here. You guys can come anytime. We thought it would be good if we ate lunch about 1:00. If some of you want to come early to shoot that would be good. And after we eat we could shoot some more, if it's not like last year. We had to sit in the house around the fire. But that was really fun just visiting.

Be HERE or be square.

Sandy

P95Carry
August 26, 2004, 11:10 PM
Be HERE or be square. How I wish!:) Gonna have to stay square M'am!:p

BozemanMT
September 3, 2004, 11:09 AM
I would like to come if that's ok.
Let me know what I can bring.
what time and how to get there.

thanks
mail to bdhopkins <at> picsys.net

Larry Ashcraft
September 9, 2004, 03:19 PM
<bump>

Anybody else need directions?

We're gonna try to eat about 1:00. The sweet corn is still looking good and the weather will cooperate this year.

Dr.Rob
September 9, 2004, 08:40 PM
Hey all... my schedule is getting really cramped but I'm going to try like heck to make it.

Larry could you e-mail me the directions?

doctorrob_98@yahoo.com

WYO
September 10, 2004, 10:45 AM
Larry and Sandy, when THR went down I didn't have access to the time or directions. I wasn't sure that the event was going to go down, and I made other plans. This bums me out but I can't make it now.

Larry Ashcraft
September 10, 2004, 01:16 PM
Those of you who can't make, wewill miss you. Sisco and WYO, nobody will be here to represent your states.:(

Sandy and I were trying to figure out last night who was coming and who wasn't. We have a few from last year not making it and at least six or so newcomers, should be a good turnout.

I told Sandy Dr. Rob was going to try real hard to make it, whereupon she wandered off.

Last time I saw her, she was in the kitchen sharpening a large knife and mumbling something about a "recipe". :uhoh:

Zundfolge
September 10, 2004, 01:56 PM
I'll be there!

Anything I should bring?

Edward429451
September 10, 2004, 02:01 PM
I have to work tomorrow so can't make it and thats bad. But I'll be making money so thats good! You guys have fun!

Larry Ashcraft
September 10, 2004, 02:57 PM
Anything I should bring?
If it's like last year, we'll have plenty of everything.

It's supposed to be 94 here tomorrow, so ice and drinks would be a good idea.

Standing Wolf
September 10, 2004, 05:32 PM
I've just taken a batch of muffins out of the oven.

BozemanMT
September 10, 2004, 09:37 PM
I've got 24 Dr pepper's, 20 Cokes, and 18 Coors Light (since you said no beer.:neener: , I figured I could do coors) in the truck ready to make the trip. I'll pick up ice on the way.

I've got a bunch (20+?) of frozen hamburger patties I'd be glad to donate, do you need them??????

thanks, really looking forward to it.

Larry Ashcraft
September 10, 2004, 09:58 PM
We've got 60 burgers and 80 hot dogs, plus Smoke Rizen is bringing some fresh caught Alaska salmon. You could bring the burgers, but keep them frozen. That way you can take them back if we don't need them.
18 Coors Light
I always have Michelob. We'll give the Coors to the ones who don't care.;)

Zundfolge
September 10, 2004, 11:58 PM
I always have Michelob. We'll give the Coors to the ones who don't care.
Now now ... gotta show Pete some support. Any politicritter who publicly states that getting rid of the NFA would be a good idea is alright in my book (even if he makes weak arsed lousy "beer" ... but being a Guinness man I'm pretty critical of most pilsners :neener: )

I'll be bringing some rootbeer (no alcohol ... no caffine ... good for drinkin' while shootin').

Smoke Rizen
September 11, 2004, 12:20 AM
I,ve been a little slow on posting,but you knew I'd be there! I'm bringing some Salmon,a couple lemon pies,and a Pecan pie.I believe I could live on that! I'll also bring the M1,a 1903,and the 03A3 you gave me.If we can get 7 total it would be good. Call me in the morning if we need to find a couple more. Tomorrow will be a good day to be alive,( good eats,good friends,and lots of guns!) S.R.

Zak Smith
September 11, 2004, 01:50 AM
I'm bringing 3 pistols (629/44, SVI/40, and PSP/9mm) and two Garands as requested. Hope somebody else has 3006 blanks that will run them ?!

Also bringing shot timer & a bunch of IPSC targets.

I have to take a quick trip some time before noon with BozemanMT to drop my rental car off at the airport and pick up my car at the nissan shop (the legacy of last weekend's car troubles).

-z

I might chuck my MRP AR in the car in case anyone wants to take a look. It's kind of unique.

Larry Ashcraft
September 11, 2004, 09:43 AM
I've got 200 rds of 30.06 blanks (linked), 1 M1 and a 1903 (single heat treat, should be OK with blanks).

Bud, congrats, you made your 100th post. :D

OK, I gotta get busy here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colorado Get Together?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!