Quick Question regarding redirects

PDA

Camel
July 18, 2004, 01:00 AM
About 5% of the time I put www.thehighroad.org into the URL bar it sends me to www.whitehouse.gov

I just want to check to make sure the the THR staff didn't do this on purpose to encourage a us to be a bit more politically active before I take it to the Firefox support forums.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick Question regarding redirects" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Telperion
July 18, 2004, 01:35 AM
Uh, I've never had this happen. Are you sure this isn't some "feature" of your browser? At least you didn't get sent to whitehouse dot com :D

[We don't need a link to *that* site here. - TBM]

tyme
July 21, 2004, 01:46 AM
Your computer probably has broken adware/spyware. Get AdAware and spybot and run them both. Then get Firefox and stop using IE. A few sites won't work, but they're all run by Microsoft users who think activex and vbscript are good technologies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick Question regarding redirects" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!