Reloading bench question

PDA

candt
July 18, 2004, 04:31 PM
My reloading bench is a workmate type bench, and I have been enjoying it a lot. It doesnt tip at all, and its got a fair amount of weight to it, since I keep my components on it. However, it is slightly un-level. Will this affect my reloads at all? I would imagine not, but I would like all of your opinions on it. Thanks for any help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading bench question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ChristopherG
July 18, 2004, 05:28 PM
Only thing it could affect would be your scale.

candt
July 19, 2004, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I put that on the table next to me, which is level.

ChristopherG
July 19, 2004, 08:26 AM
Sounds like you're set. I've heard of a number of folks using the type of bench you describe, and they generally seem happy with it. Hope it works out well for you!

Black Snowman
July 19, 2004, 10:19 AM
Being un-level shouldn't hurt you. Lots of people use the Lee hand press for load development at the range and it doesn't attach to anything. If you have a powder thrower the bench shaking can hurt it's consistancy but that's about it.

candt
July 19, 2004, 12:05 PM
My powder thrower is excellent. With AA#5 it is dead on everytime. However, with larger flake powders like Unique, it varies a few tenths. Still acceptable.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading bench question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!