Free hi-capacity mags from Beretta

PDA

malada
July 18, 2004, 08:22 PM
I was in the gun store today and saw that Beretta has a promotion going on for hi-capacity magazines.

Buy a Beretta handgun or Storm and send in the coupon good for two hi-capacity magazines. They will ship the magazines in September, depending on the expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban.

If you enjoyed reading about "Free hi-capacity mags from Beretta" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Drjones
July 18, 2004, 08:33 PM
Wow.

An offer like that makes me think that they know something we don't, or at least they are a heck of a lot more confident about it, for a good reason.

:)

Yay!

TechBrute
July 18, 2004, 09:08 PM
Or they have a head on their shoulders and figured that this is a great way to keep someone from delaying a purchase until after the ban expires.

Erik Jensen
July 18, 2004, 09:18 PM
Or they have a head on their shoulders and figured that this is a great way to keep someone from delaying a purchase until after the ban expires

DINGDINGDING!!!! We have a winner!

tell him what he's won, Jim!

a brand new Standard capacity magazine!!!!

*applause*

yes, I am in a really odd mood tonight.

TechBrute
July 18, 2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah, this way everyone wins:

Beretta wins because you won't hold off on a purchase waiting until the ban expires.
You win because if the ban expires, you'll have 2 more mags than you would have had otherwise.
Beretta wins because if the ban expires, this will help deplete their castrated mag stock.

shep854
July 18, 2004, 09:34 PM
Follow-on to TechBrute...And even if the ban is renewed, Beretta has still sold a bunch of guns that might not have otherwise been bought.

I HOPE the ban dies. I was kicking around the idea of buying a 92FS under this offer, but then I ran across a steal of a deal on a (very) slightly used 92F made in Italy for $400+/-.

DevilDog
July 19, 2004, 02:23 AM
Well, I was thinking about a storm and a vertec to go with my 92FS anyway...

HankB
July 19, 2004, 08:37 AM
This would be a GREAT way for S&W to win back some of the goodwill they lost from the shooting community with their sellout.

Gee . . . maybe someone should tell Ruger about this promotion, and see if they'll match it? :evil:

sturmruger
July 19, 2004, 11:26 AM
I hope Rugers wakes up and starts doing thing the smart way like Beretta.

TechBrute
July 19, 2004, 11:28 AM
Now that Bill's dead, they may be able to catch up with the times.

larry_minn
July 20, 2004, 01:21 AM
I hope Rugers wakes up and starts doing thing the smart way like Beretta.
Heck I would be happy if they made a 10 rd mag for mini 14/30

Kilroy
July 20, 2004, 01:40 PM
Some wholesalers are finding that some hi-caps don't sell.

Some manufacturers are sitting on supplies of them and use them to bolster lagging sales.

In any case, Beretta wins as it moves slow moving products.

cool45auto
July 20, 2004, 02:50 PM
Sounds good. I've been wanting a regular 92FS to go with my Vertec, too.:cool:

AimSmallMissSmall
July 29, 2004, 06:17 PM
I just bought a Beretta 92FS this past weekend at a local gun show, from a local dealer. It came with the two 15 rd. magazines. I don't believe you'll have to wait until September to receive them.

Felonious Monk
July 29, 2004, 06:42 PM
I've never had any interest in a Beretta.
Not that they aren't great guns, just don't combine the features I'm looking for in a package I want to buy.

...until the Storm.
I'm Jonesin' BIG time on that one.
HiCaps just makes it worse.

If you enjoyed reading about "Free hi-capacity mags from Beretta" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!