IDPA Shotgun courses...

PDA

Beorn
February 15, 2003, 09:38 PM
Um, I saw that the Prado range has IDPA shotgun courses of fire (though not while the rifle range is under construction).

Could anyone tell me about these? I understand that we all use the same style shotgun, provided by the range. True? False?

It sounds really cool, but I'd have very little clue as to what I'm doing.

If you enjoyed reading about "IDPA Shotgun courses..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
February 15, 2003, 10:40 PM
I haven't done myself (yet!) but I have watched a match...looks like BIG fun! Hopefully someone chimes in that has details re: these shotgun matches

Skunkabilly
February 16, 2003, 01:55 AM
They have steel plates, and it's run as an optional side match.

So imagine trying to run back and forth to the other stages while waiting your turn for the shotgun. The stages themselves are fun.

Bird only for safety (steel targets not too far away and to preserve the targets) but I'd like to see how my home loads function in my shotgun. Some slug shots on paper, then transition to handgun on some.

9x45
February 17, 2003, 10:32 PM
It's a Prado thing. Shotgun is not a part of any sanctioned IDPA match. The price is very high for a sidematch....

jthuang
March 14, 2003, 05:35 PM
We have "IDPA" shotgun matches here on the East Coast as well. I know you asked specifically about your local matches, but this may give you a flavor as to what other IDPA clubs are doing for shotgun side matches:

http://www.eastontacticalops.com/shotgun.html

Justin

3 gun
March 14, 2003, 08:12 PM
Shotgun Matches on Ohio (http://www.ashlandlakegunclub.org/tac-rif-shotgun-prgm.htm)
Here's a link to how a central Ohio (Ashland) club is running IDPA style shotgun matches. They have links on the page to equipment rules and course of fire. Good club with well run events. Well worth your time if you're in the area.

If you enjoyed reading about "IDPA Shotgun courses..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!