Man with long rap sheet killed during break-in

PDA

mwithers72
July 19, 2004, 12:00 PM
I hope this is not a double post.

Man with long rap sheet killed during break-in

A Nashville man with a long record of arrests was shot and killed early yesterday morning when he broke into a Nashville woman's Madison apartment, police said.

Maurice Wilson Jr., 21, was fatally wounded shortly after he and at least one other person kicked in the apartment's back door at the Heritage House apartments on Heritage Drive, police spokesman Don Aaron said.

He added that the woman, 18, and her cousin, 21, had responded to a knock on the door about 1:30 a.m. and saw two masked men.

''The two women retreated to an upstairs bedroom as the suspects kicked in the back door,'' Aaron said. ''As one of them came to the doorway of the bedroom where the two women were hiding, the older cousin, who had retrieved a pistol from a nightstand, fired one time. The intruder was hit and died at the scene from a gunshot wound to the head.''

Police did not release the names of the women.

The second intruder fired twice before fleeing, but neither woman was injured, Aaron said.

Wilson was wearing a nylon stocking and blue bandanna over his face. Over the past three years he had been charged with 38 offenses including unlawful weapon possession, domestic as-sault and drug possession, Aaron said.

— Warren Duzak

http://www.thetennessean.com/local/archives/04/07/54597688.shtml?Element_ID=54597688

[Edited - fixed link.]

If you enjoyed reading about "Man with long rap sheet killed during break-in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
outfieldjack
July 19, 2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the good news on a Monday morning! :D

mondocomputerman
July 19, 2004, 12:12 PM
One more down. Good!!

FMarlon
July 19, 2004, 12:13 PM
Sounds like another lowlife bites the dust through natural selection.

Or to quote people who play Counterstrike (myself included), Owned!

(I do not relish the thought of another human being killed, but when an individual proves himself time and time again to be unfit for civilized society, and nothing more than an animal, they must be put down)

sturmruger
July 19, 2004, 12:24 PM
What a happy ending.

MLH
July 19, 2004, 12:52 PM
"Over the past three years he had been charged with 38 offenses including unlawful weapon possession, domestic as-sault and drug possession, Aaron said. "

Why on earth wasn't this low-life in Jail?:confused: :banghead:
:cuss:

RLadd21
July 19, 2004, 12:59 PM
I used to live in those apartments right after high school. I e-mailed the story to my wife hoping that she finally gets it and learns how to shoot my guns if she ever needs to. She's not an anti but she is nervous with handling guns. She's slowly coming around to going to the range though. I just need to find a little .22 for her to learn with. My .40 and .45 are not what I want to teach her with. We still live within 10 minutes of where this occured and maybe she'll realize it can happen anywhere.

Werewolf
July 19, 2004, 01:03 PM
HEADSHOT!

Someone's been practicin'...

AND the gene pool gets just a little bit cleaner.

4v50 Gary
July 19, 2004, 02:30 PM
I am delighted to learn that the Tennessee tradition of the strong frontier woman is continued by their modern day counterparts. One head shot, one kill. Very impressive. :)

Indy7373
July 19, 2004, 02:40 PM
I applaud this woman. We need more like her. Either she has practiced with that pistol, or she is a great natural shot. Either way, she is tops in my book.:D

standingbear
July 19, 2004, 03:10 PM
Good thing one of the ladies had a firearm,2 more lives saved...1 less thug.Has the other thug been caught yet?

middy
July 19, 2004, 03:53 PM
Either she has practiced with that pistol, or she is a great natural shot.
Two more possibilities: dumb luck, or the hand of an angel.

All four possibilities seem to be equally likely to me. :)

Preacherman
July 19, 2004, 03:56 PM
Well done, ma'am!

Ukraine Train
July 19, 2004, 04:36 PM
Wow, good shot. I was expecting to read that the cousin doing the shooting was male. Kinda cool that she's only 21, too. Wonder if I can get her number...

Warren
July 19, 2004, 04:51 PM
We really need an applause smiley. A couple of them giving a standing O would be cool.

The thumbs up just does not convey the meaning.

Good shoot. I am impressed. In New York she'd be off to jail about now.

mainmech48
July 19, 2004, 05:15 PM
RLadd21: Check your PMs.

ny32182
July 19, 2004, 05:27 PM
OR, it could have just been dumb luck...

Good shoot in any case. Too bad she didn't go for slide lock and take care of the other perp that actually shot back at her.

Tharg
July 19, 2004, 05:32 PM
Now if only these type of stories were as common as all the victim got killed stories.

We know they happen - just need reporters to report them.

Wonder if the cousin is a convert now.....

J/Tharg!

Standing Wolf
July 19, 2004, 06:54 PM
Over the past three years he had been charged with 38 offenses including unlawful weapon possession, domestic as-sault and drug possession...

Another poster boy for parole and probation finally gets justice.

Nightfall
July 19, 2004, 07:20 PM
Nice shootin', ma'am! :D

sumpnz
July 19, 2004, 09:53 PM
This just makes me more anxious to get a couple hundred rounds of .38Spc, get a babysitter for a couple hours, and take my wife to the range so she can get a bunch of practice in with her revolver. We live a pretty darn safe neighborhood, but you hear every so often about a home invasion in a "safe neighborhood" and I really don't want to have to explain to my daughter why her mom got killed because she hadn't practiced enough with her gun.

Black Snowman
July 19, 2004, 10:11 PM
Good shooting. Whoever the 2nd perp was will probably think about a job at McDonalds after seeing his buddies head blown open. If not, he won't be bothering those girls again. As for the perp who died. He slipped through the legal system long enough to find a responsable citizen to do the job and won't be bothering anyone.

Oh, and blissninnies everywhere can point and say "See! Guns kill people!"

Happy ending for all. :neener:

Iron Mike
July 19, 2004, 11:38 PM
My God 21 years old and 38 offenses,it just boggles my mind when I think of the lowlifes out there.I bet his family must be so proud.

JimJD
July 19, 2004, 11:50 PM
Excellent news!

Good for Her and the Her cousin.

sumpnz
July 19, 2004, 11:55 PM
Hey, anybody know what caliber of pistol she used? I'm thinking, if we could find out who she is, and her address, have some ammo for that gun shipped to her doorstep.

Warbow
July 20, 2004, 12:28 AM
Nice shot. The guy made his own (poor) decisions and he got what was coming to him.

Number of crimes he'll be adding to his very long rap sheet: Zeeeero. :D

Baba Louie
July 20, 2004, 12:46 AM
Only caught and released 38 times huh? The world is a safer place because of that gal if you consider he might have not been caught once or twice between his other 38 run-ins with the law.
Run in with the Law. Sometimes it is fatal. Hope the police allowed her to keep her weapon since his accomplice is known to be armed and dangerous... if not as good a shot as she.

All in all. Good news for the good guys.

Hardtarget
July 20, 2004, 12:47 AM
I'm thinking the Judges, his family, and lawyer need to be forced to explain how this punk was staying out of jail. The police have charged him 38 times in 36 months. About every 25 days he was in court for something...is anybody paying attention at all? All I can say is that young lady cleared the court docket with one shot from that .45 (and not much left over)! I work 1/4 mile from that place. I'm glad there is one less thug to worry about in the area. It'll be interisting to see if this shows up in civil court in a few months.
Mark.

Malone LaVeigh
July 20, 2004, 01:33 AM
She has my deepest sympathies. Killing someone can't be a pleasant experience. Too bad the courts didn't do their job.

P95Carry
July 20, 2004, 01:39 AM
Glad these ladies had recourse to a means of protection ..... this was exactly as it should be. Tho I do follow Malone's thinking ... why was this scumbag free to do this and so have this young lady now have to deal with killing someone ... not necessarily an easy thing to come to terms with.

Here2Learn ...... We really need an applause smiley. I think this might help fit the bill !! :)

http://www.acbsystems.com/images/smilies/claphands.gif http://www.acbsystems.com/images/smilies/claphands.gif http://www.acbsystems.com/images/smilies/claphands.gif

Warren
July 20, 2004, 01:56 AM
Cool, where do I grab that code from?

P95Carry
July 20, 2004, 02:05 AM
Cool, where do I grab that code from? Well, that is from one of my servers ... but if you want, go right click on one of the images and make a note of ''properties'' .. and use that URL (judiciously) if you want to use it again. I doubt it'll add to my bandwidth too much!:p

rem
July 20, 2004, 03:41 AM
Here2Learn,

www.mysmilies.com has a TON of different smilies for your posting enjoyment. :)

Warren
July 20, 2004, 03:53 AM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/lilly/hmm3grin3thumborange.gif

Thanks.

Range Ninja
July 20, 2004, 08:45 AM
Fantastic!!! That just made my day.:D Head shot, just GREAT!:cool:

Nathanael_Greene
July 20, 2004, 08:56 AM
She has my deepest sympathies. Killing someone can't be a pleasant experience. Too bad the courts didn't do their job.

That's what I was thinking, Mr. LaVeigh.

Our "justice system" has big problems when we have to leave the dirty work to 21-year-old women.

Years ago, I was in the position of being very close to shooting an intruder, and the prospect of killing someone--in my home, no less--was no laughing matter.

prezzz
July 20, 2004, 10:16 AM
Simply put.......Justice has been served.

mwithers72
July 20, 2004, 10:25 AM
I heard on the news report that it was a .44. Don't know how true it is.

Carlos Cabeza
July 20, 2004, 12:52 PM
The woman and friend almost get raped, murdered, tortured who knows what and you think it really bothered her to protect herself ? After being informed of the perps long list of crimes, you think she may have felt remorseful ? I doubt it. Maybe it's just me, but then I have a bad attitude towards men with evil intentions.

prezzz
July 20, 2004, 01:26 PM
I agree Carlos,

Like we used to say on the Police Force. Are intentions are to stop the aggressor. If death is the result, then so be it.

The bad guy knows he may die from the choices he makes. Knowing that this is a risk he obviously is choosing to make, then I would have zero regrets or remorse in the action I took to stop him.

71Commander
July 20, 2004, 01:31 PM
Over the past three years he had been charged with 38 offenses including unlawful weapon possession, domestic as-sault and drug possession

Will someone please explain to me why this food for worm's was still on the streets?:banghead:

Dain Bramage
July 20, 2004, 02:19 PM
Has the paper come out with a story from the intruder's family? Was he a good boy who was turning his life around? Seems SOP whenever a criminal bites the dust around here in Seattle.

As a father and a Christian, it pains me whenever a young life is so thoroughly wasted. I truly believe that no one is beyond redemption. Unfortunately, many take the path that leads them out of choices and out of second chances.

The courts were not doing this boy a favor. By letting him slide, they weren't giving him a second chance, but rather no chance.

prezzz
July 20, 2004, 02:47 PM
Will someone please explain to me why this food for worm's was still on the streets?

Easy. Supply and demand. The leftest liberal pukes say it's inhumane to let this slime sleep on the floor of an overcrowded jail cell. So, they let him go to make room for more slime that did something worse.

If jail would actually be a form of punishment, crime would come way down. Jail/Prison is "3 hots and a cot". Olympic weight sets, VCR's, in house movie rentals, more drugs than you can get on the street, etc... isn't exactly a deterrent for getting caught.

mwithers72
July 20, 2004, 03:48 PM
I was looking for a follow-up to the story and found this:

http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?s=%20%20331921
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The attack was a frightening ordeal for the 27 year old mother. Police tell News 2 the rapist broke into her apartment thru a rear door, then snuck into the woman's bedroom.

Wednesday at 2 am, a rapist forces his way into the mother's town home. Detectives say a 27 year old mother woke to find a man kneeling by her bed. That man reportedly threatened the woman with a large wrench.

After repeatedly raping the woman, Metro Police tell News 2 the rapist ran away only after the woman's child began crying nearby.

Above you will see a composite of the rapist as described to police by the victim.

According to police, the rapist entered the town-home by breaking glass on a rear door.

Neighbors tell News 2 their prayers go out to the victim. The attack will also make some residents rethink their own safety.

The suspect in this case is not believed to be a suspect in any other Nashville rape cases. Police are not sure why this woman was chosen.

The man is described as 25-30 years of age. He has very short hair and is around 5'10" and 200 to 225 pounds
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then this to follow it:

Metro police have released this composite sketch of a suspected rapist.

Police tell News 2 he broke into a home at the Heritage House Apartment complex in Madison early Wednesday morning. He raped the woman who live there repeatedly threatening her with a large wrench.

The suspect is described as a:

black male with very short hair
25 to 30-years old
5'10"
weighing 200 to 225 pounds.
Call Metro Police if you have any information

http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?s=%20%20331567

Date issued 5-10-01

mwithers72
July 20, 2004, 03:52 PM
The most recent update I could find.

In Nashville, a 21-year-old woman shot and killed a man who broke into her home early Sunday morning.

The man, Maurice Wilson, Jr., and another suspect kicked in the door of an apartment on Heritage Drive in Madison around 1:30 a.m.

Two women were hiding in an upstairs bedroom when the men broke in. One of the women grabbed a gun from the nightstand.

“As one of the intruders came to the bedroom door she fired one time. The intruder was struck in the head and died almost immediately,” an officer at the scene said.

The other suspect got away, police said.

Investigators said it appeared the shooting was in self defense.

Police were looking into whether the men knew the former tenant.

Wilson was charged with more than 30 offenses over the past three years including assaulting a police officer and criminal trespassing.

The two victims moved out of the apartment.

A neighbor, Angelique Sisco, said she’s also decided to move out because she’s said she’s had enough of the crime at the complex.

“I'm horrified,” she said. “I'm so relieved to be out of here today.”

Management officials with the apartments declined to comment about security at the complex. They said they fully cooperate with the Metro Police Department.

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/6047.asp

beltslide
July 20, 2004, 04:36 PM
Good shootin,' sorry someone had to die, but this low-life had it coming to him.

What was this crook doing on the street in the first place, with a record like his he should have been locked away long ago!

Once again that was really good shootin'

:)

LoneStranger
July 20, 2004, 04:55 PM
Good shoot! Just like the LEO's say.

My sympathies to the young lady for having to do this and for the emotional baggage it brings.

Congratulations to the board for nobody complaining that you are supposed to use 2 to COM 1 to Head. She just got confused in the moment and got it turned around.

flatrock
July 20, 2004, 05:14 PM
My sympathies for the young lady who was forced to use deadly force.

My sympathies to the other young woman who also had to endure the trauma of having her home invaded.

My sympathies to the landlord who will likely have to clean up the mess, and will have a hard time renting out the appartment.

I hope they catch the other guy and charge him with felony murder among other things.

mwithers72
July 20, 2004, 06:06 PM
In the vedio they state that in the past year there have been over 500 calls to that area by the LEO's

Tharg
July 20, 2004, 07:45 PM
I'm kinda tired of the whole jail thing.

I think they should reduce sentences... and make em stick.

For instance.... if ya get a 30yr sentence and are out in 7... why have a 30 yr sentence.

Give em a small room w/ a bed and a toilet - they don't leave that room for however long the sentence is. No working out no playing w/ your cell mates during recess.

I've heard that even in prison solitary confinement is something none of em wants.... make prison that way.

I could see a 1 or 2 year sentence (or howeverlong depending on the offense) of that sort as being something people wouldn't want to see again. instead of telling em they got a 30yr sentence and they shrug it off as normal when they go hang out w/ thier "mates" that are still in the pen. I'm not saying jail is easy now... i'm saying that they are used to it....

price of getting caught just ain't high enough apparently. =(

Should be cheaper to maintain too. Since there isn't a lot of moving around, and one could fit a lot of 8x8 cels in a small area. Visits would have to be of the sort that you can't touch em at all and once a week or something. Sounds crewl - but the sentences would be shorter, and hopefully it would be something no one would want to return to. 6 months of nothing but a small room and a visit once a week if someone wanted to even come see you sounds like it would make ME not want to do something to go back there to.

J/Tharg!

10 Ring Tao
July 21, 2004, 04:30 AM
I need to get me a copy of that aimbot.

pwned!!!!111

(For those not familiar, everything I typed above was intentional.)

twoblink
July 21, 2004, 10:54 AM
<Theme Music>

"Take out the papers and the trash...."

:evil:

Headshot huh? I think her IPSC fee's should be comp'ed !! And if I were the TN chapter of NRA, that's a free lifetime membership right there!

"Over the past three years he had been charged with 38 offenses including unlawful weapon possession, domestic assault and drug possession, Aaron said. "

Basically, if there weren't criminals on the street, how could the gov'ment justify stealing your rights??

Darwin 1, Perp 0...

If you enjoyed reading about "Man with long rap sheet killed during break-in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!