CH4D H-Press

PDA

50 Shooter
July 20, 2004, 07:55 PM
Anyone know where I can find one of these used? Prefer one of the new styles like the one pictured here. TIA

http://www.ch4d.com/catalog/presses/h_press.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "CH4D H-Press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Paul "Fitz" Jones
July 21, 2004, 12:45 AM
I was the sales Rep of the C-H company when the .50 press was invented. I retired in 1979 never selling one. I feel they are worthwhile for someone needing them. I invented the 4 position "H" press and sold the heck out of them. and the 4 position Auto Champ also.

I feel that the C-H style H presses are the best rifle and pistol presses for the price and they will never wear out. I still have thousands of dollars of parts for them that have not been needed so far. Cast Iton does not wear out.

50 Shooter
July 21, 2004, 02:58 AM
Paul,
What do you have? email me at ar50shooter@hotmail.com and let me know.

Toml
July 23, 2004, 07:55 PM
Tip of the hat to you, Paul.

I've been using a C-H press for around six months now and have learned a lot using it. It's my first reloading press. I've tinkered quite a bit with the dies, powder and primer specs., but the press itself is one solid piece of equipment.

Paul "Fitz" Jones
July 24, 2004, 01:14 AM
TomL you made a very good choice as the current CH4D 444 "H" Press is the best press for the price and speed of reloading for a beginner as it will be used for a lifetime with rifle and pistol accessories and when you pick up a casing and move it through the positions, in seconds it is a loaded round, not some stage of processing in a loading tray that an "O" press would create.

I am long retired after inventing that 4 position "H" press and have no contact with the current CH4D company.

Fitz

50 Shooter
July 24, 2004, 01:59 AM
Paul,
Did you get my email?

If you enjoyed reading about "CH4D H-Press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!