Payson, UT "Range"

PDA

Marnoot
July 21, 2004, 05:49 AM
Does anyone know if the area adjacent to the dump west of Payson that people frequently shoot at is part of the dump itself or just public land? The reason I ask is that the amount of shot-up junk in the area is steadily increasing, and am worried about it drawing public ire resulting in unfavorable ordinances.
If it is a part of the dump, then I suppose no foul, the dump will eventually expand to include the junk. However, if it is simply public land, I'm thinking of seeing what I can do to get some people together to go clean things up a little. It's to the point that after I shoot something, I often can't go get it to pack back out because I can't find what I've shot amongst all the other stuff. It's not nearly as bad as some areas I've seen, but it is getting worse. Anyone know if it's dump-land?

If you enjoyed reading about "Payson, UT "Range"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chairman
July 21, 2004, 12:54 PM
Where exactly are you talking about? I'm in Provo as well and don't think I've ever been down there.

Marnoot
July 21, 2004, 01:13 PM
From downtown Payson, if you go west on Utah Ave., which turns into 10200 So., which curves into 10400 So., and continue West you will reach a garbage dump up against the west mountains. If you continue past the dump, after the road bends around the west end of the dump, you go offroad on one of 2 or 3 dirt roads that come off the paved road. There are a few spots where people shoot, the main one being the one with the most garbage problems. It's where I usually go shooting if the weather is good. There's often people 4-wheeling, but they're usually smart enough to keep from being downrange.

Chairman
July 21, 2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the directions, we should to get together sometime (I could probably swing a little trash pickup as well).

Warhawk
July 22, 2004, 12:57 AM
Howdy from Ogden

If you enjoyed reading about "Payson, UT "Range"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!