Help - vikingpheonix.com ?!?!

PDA

DMF
July 24, 2004, 01:23 PM
Alright suddenly while cruising around on THR I will get a Windows pop up aksing for a username and password to log on to vikingpheonix.com

I have no idea what vikingpheonix.com is, it only occurs while I'm on THR, and Spybot, Ad-Aware, and NAV do not stop this from occurring.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, and more importantly how to stop it?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help - vikingpheonix.com ?!?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
July 24, 2004, 01:44 PM
Ditto for me - this happened to me for the first time this morning.

I'll notify our technical types, and see if some 'bot has glommed on to our server. In the meantime, I'll move this thread to Tech Support for further updates. Stay tuned!

Iain
July 24, 2004, 02:23 PM
I've had it appear on the 'Who popped JFK?' thread - something someone inadvertantly linked to?

DMF
July 24, 2004, 02:23 PM
Sorry I put it the wrong forum. Didn't mean to creat extra work, and thanks for moving it to the proper locale.

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
July 24, 2004, 02:43 PM
Same problem here.

Iain
July 24, 2004, 02:54 PM
Cool Hand,

I've only had it on the JFK thread - same for you?

fjolnirsson
July 24, 2004, 04:01 PM
I was wondering this myself. I switched to Mozilla about a month ago, and this is the first popup I've had since then.

OF
July 24, 2004, 06:20 PM
I'm 90% sure someone linked to an image or something off that website and the web server is asking for credentials to access the data.

I wouldn't sweat it. It's not spyware or anything.

- Gabe

If you enjoyed reading about "Help - vikingpheonix.com ?!?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!