Today, I realized that Glock rhymes with

PDA

Yohan
February 16, 2003, 11:07 PM
Sock- And you know what? They both stink! :D :D :D

:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Today, I realized that Glock rhymes with" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pistolsmith
February 16, 2003, 11:10 PM
Actually, in the convoluted language they banter in Austria, glock means "clock".

twoblink
February 16, 2003, 11:12 PM
Glock rhymes with "Grock" the way most Taiwanese I know say it :D

BerettaNut92
February 16, 2003, 11:15 PM
I've heard it pronounced Gee-Lock.

4v50 Gary
and I thought you were going to say, "schlock." :evil:

Don't jump all over me guys, I've got two of them myself (& being cheap, a 40 S&W bbl for my M20).

hansolo
"Groc"...as in "Stranger in a Strange Land".....A nightmarish Sci-Fi novel in which future tupperware morphs into handguns.:rolleyes:

O.K., O.K., Lock it Down!

TexasVet
February 17, 2003, 12:12 AM
that's "grok" as in "I grok that Thou art God." (I think that's a quote, OTTOMH)

Yohan
February 17, 2003, 12:16 AM
Ghastly
Loathsome
Overrated
Cumbersome
Krappy

Heheheh
I'd like to see you guys try that with a 1911 :neener: :neener:

10-Ring
February 17, 2003, 12:17 AM
No, Glock rhymes w/ money grubbing ***** *** *** *** * **** ***** ** *** ** *** ** * *** * ** **** **** ***** ** *****! :evil: :cuss:
The more I think about what's happened w/ them over the last 12 months the more upset I get :cuss:

Yohan
February 17, 2003, 12:17 AM
10-ring,
Join the club, sir :cool:

twoblink
February 17, 2003, 01:11 AM
I had a friend ask me about guns, and I said some of the most popular amongst the asians are HK's and glocks..

and one of them asked, "But will it make me look good bustin' a cap in someone's dome??" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For people who have never touched a real gun in their lives, it's amazing to me the preception they have about guns (and how to hold one) due to Hollywood..:rolleyes:

The one question you gotta ask yourself is, are the Grocks dishwasher safe? Can I use "Jet Dry" with it??:evil:

Yohan
February 17, 2003, 01:13 AM
A: What is that hideous.. thing???
B: A glock
A: the horror!

Braz
February 17, 2003, 01:18 AM
Glockwork Yellow

(sigh)

Marshall
February 17, 2003, 03:08 AM
So the ones with little birds are Koo Koo Glocks? :neener:

Tamara
February 17, 2003, 03:14 AM
That's okay; when I was your age, I still thought Fiat X-1/9's were hip. It's cool, you'll grow out of this phase. ;) :p

mrt
February 17, 2003, 05:32 AM
Hey guys don't mock the Glock...I'm shocked at your talk...a lot of poor people gawk at what you knock...you really balk those who want Glocks...if you continue this talk to defrock them Glocks I'll rock you like a warlock and clock your bloc at a mach you can't clock... for pleasure I'll bedrock a hemlock into your buttstock :eek: and put you in a jock headlock and perform a Polack moonwalk all over your sad mohawk till you end up looking like a beanstock and squawk like a chickenhawk! At least them tupperware blocks are better than rocks, flintlocks, or a gunlocked Heckler und Koch

(got to go German for that last one)

FYI a Polack moonwalk is performed during sleepwalk in a radical crosswalking spacewalk as if you were chased by a croc.

Moderator please don't block this smart-aleck Sherlock from High-road talk cause I said the word Polack, I like the shoptalk and this was only ad hoc to protect the G'. :(

I hope this puts a sock in your menacing Glock-talk. Btw I don't own a Glock but this was a cake...
:)

jmbg29
February 17, 2003, 05:37 AM
As for lockdown, "waiting is".:rolleyes: :p

Ed Straker
February 17, 2003, 05:59 AM
Oh no, Tamara, you have me more scared than my Senior Drill Instructor on Parris Island in 1989, who drove a red Fiero.

Ed Straker
February 17, 2003, 06:06 AM
I got a catalog that has this thing, it's a Glock action lock, where you use a handcuff key to lock or unlock the Glock.
It actually says, 'Even if your duty weapon is grabbed by a suspect, it will not fire so long as the Ghost Block is engaged'.

1badmagnum
February 17, 2003, 06:12 AM
still cant stop laughing-------------->

Someone better look at this amo real close, as it MUST be defective, probably charged with 4 - 5 times the normal powder to damage a Glock.

The shooter was luckly he had a Glock, any other gun would have blown apart like a hand grenade and killed somebody.

Support Gaston

:what:

cuchulainn
February 17, 2003, 11:46 AM
Glocke means bell, not clock -- as in Glockenspiel = "bells play" ("plays bells," I guess).

Clock is Taktgeber or just Takt.

rock jock
February 17, 2003, 12:50 PM
Glock means "perfection".

pax
February 17, 2003, 01:46 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why my brother burst out laughing when I told him what I carried.

"My little sister carries a Glock???" he chortled, with some incredulity. "A Glock??"

I couldn't get him to explain what he meant.

:D

pax

Triad
February 17, 2003, 06:03 PM
or a gunlocked Heckler und Koch
That's pronounced 'coke'. Please don't try to do anymore of whatever that was

Felonious Monk
February 17, 2003, 06:32 PM
Obligatory, representational incidence of the statement:

Dude--Glocks SUUUUUUUCCK. :p :D

T.Stahl
February 17, 2003, 07:06 PM
That's pronounced 'coke'.

No, it isn't. ;)

45R
February 17, 2003, 08:06 PM
Stocks :fire:

seeker_two
February 18, 2003, 10:23 AM
Flock

Examples:
1. the flock of sheeple who believe it to be the "one true gun"
2. what one shepherd said to the other (applies to any 1911 post)--"Let's get the flock(glock) out of here"...

ball3006
February 18, 2003, 05:22 PM
I like my two Glocks. I also have a 1911 and a 1911a1. My 27 is my carry gun and it is no brainer to pull it and shoot it. No safety to worry about or if it is cocked. For bullseye shooting nothing can beat my 1911a1. My 1911 is too valuable to shoot anymore, original bluing, mag, and holster. I tried carrying my 1911 one day and I was tired at the end of the day. When I can afford it I am going to get a Kel Tec P32 for carry. After all, a carry gun for me is only to allow me to escape any situation that may arise, not to win a major shootout...chris3

blades67
February 18, 2003, 05:36 PM
:rolleyes:

MountainPeak
February 18, 2003, 05:45 PM
Not my favorites, but I own a G20 and G22. I like them both. "ve haff vays to make you toc"!

If you enjoyed reading about "Today, I realized that Glock rhymes with" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!