Gun refinishing suggestions pease

PDA

Min
February 17, 2003, 12:19 AM
I got a Glock 20 slide I want refinished. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun refinishing suggestions pease" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Yohan
February 17, 2003, 12:20 AM
Trade it in for a real gun! :neener: Just kidding.

Min
February 17, 2003, 12:24 AM
Yeah well I like Glocks.

Yohan
February 17, 2003, 12:30 AM
I guess you could get a slide from a nice looking gun, like a 1911 and glue it onto your Glock slide- or you could hot glue safety selectors onto your Glock to add to the authenticity of the gun. :cool:

10-Ring
February 17, 2003, 12:32 AM
What do you like? Do you want to go 2 tone? Will Glock refinish for ya? What's wrong w/ the stock finish?

PS...whatever you do, don't paint your gun! :rolleyes: I once saw a Glock 36 a guy had spray painted black. It didn't even look like he field stripped it...He just spray painted EVERY THING he could see....black :what: :banghead:

Preacherman
February 17, 2003, 12:36 AM
Min, take a look at the Robar companies (http://www.robarguns.com/). They do very good quality work indeed, and have an interesting Glock tune-up package you might want to check out at the same time. Another good option for the more "standard" finishes (e.g. hard-chrome) is Accurate Plating & Weaponry (http://www.apwcogan.com/). I've not used them myself, but have seen some guns they refinished, and they were superbly done. Apart from these, there are well-known suppliers like Cylinder & Slide, Wilson Combat, etc., but I don't know which of them do the work in-house and which contract it out. I know Robar and APW do their own finishes, which is a plus in my book.

Min
February 17, 2003, 12:36 AM
I bought my G20 used. When I got it I realized the slide was sanded down lightly to get rid of the bluing wear. So now the metal has a slightly gritty feel to it. That's okay (no wonder it was so cheap), as this gives me a chance to experiment with diff finishes. I don't mind the two-tone look at all.

NP3 by Robar?

Teflon?

Hard chrome?

??

Kahr carrier
February 17, 2003, 02:34 AM
Check out Tripp Research for your refinishing needs ,they do great work ,My friend had his PPK Cobra Chromed and it came out nice. They have a website.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun refinishing suggestions pease" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!