Help w/rifle ID

PDA

D.W. Drang
February 17, 2003, 02:31 AM
AS I mentioned in a thread over in Revolvers, a friend recently passed away :( and I have been deputed to deal with his gun collection. Among other items there is a .50 caliber hawken-style rifle with a manufacturer's mark I don't recognize: A block capital letter "I" in a square. Anyone recognize this? Any idea as to value?
TIA.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help w/rifle ID" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave Markowitz
February 17, 2003, 07:17 PM
POSSIBLY made by Investarms in Italy. They make the Lyman Great Plains Rifle and Trade Rifle. Does it look at all like a trade rifle? I forget who, but another importer brings in a "Hawken" that basically looks like a LTR but with a round brass capbox on the stock. It's made by Investarms.

Gerald McDonald
February 17, 2003, 08:34 PM
Ithaca used to import a Hawken, but I'm leanen towards Investarm also as I do remember they also sold under their own name.
Gerald

firestar
February 18, 2003, 05:06 PM
I bet it is Investarms. I have one in .45cal that sounds like this. Investarms made the Hawken for the Cabelas catalogs. They cost $199.00 new but they are made very well.

Do your markings look like this:

D.W. Drang
February 19, 2003, 12:47 PM
Investarms it is! Thanks, gang! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Help w/rifle ID" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!