NRA Board of Director supports Islamic terrorists?

PDA

Bartholomew Roberts
July 30, 2004, 10:27 PM
NRA Board of Director Grover Norquist has apparently used his connections within the Republican party to advance the case of two men who are unabashed supporters of Hamas and Hezbollah and maybe other fanatical Islamist groups as well.

See this report from solid conservative columnist Michelle Malkin:
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000318.htm

Norquist wields a lot of power within the Republican party; but I have to question whether we really need this kind of ally?

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Board of Director supports Islamic terrorists?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MountainPeak
July 30, 2004, 10:44 PM
Perhaps, waiting to see how this shakes out, might be better. I'm not so sure "NRA Board of Director", Norquist IS a supporter of "fanatical Islamist groups"! Hamas and Hezbollah, aye! I guess we will see. You jump quicker than I would.

Bartholomew Roberts
July 30, 2004, 10:56 PM
Michelle Malkin isn't exactly a source that has a lot of desire to see the Republicans embarrassed. Norquist has admittedly not had the chance to address these questions yet and explain what he knew or didn't know; but I have to say it doesn't look too good to me.

FPrice
July 30, 2004, 11:11 PM
" NRA Board of Director supports Islamic terrorists?"

I think you have purposely, or perhaps ineptly tried to smear the NRA with the title to your post. While Malkin certainly points out Norquist's role in this, I seem to have missed the tie-in with the NRA. Was he acting on the NRA's behalf in this episode? Malkin's story shows him working more within the Republican party than anything else.

Norquist may well be guilty, but any direct link to the NRA as an actor in this story seems to be more in your mind than anything else.

rick_reno
July 30, 2004, 11:47 PM
I didn't see Bart attempt to make any connection between the NRA and the terrorists - other than to state the fact that Norquist is on the board of directors. I think you're reading more into his post than is there...

JPL
July 31, 2004, 12:20 AM
The title of the post is misleading on its face.

The way it is written, "NRA Board of Director supports Islamic terrorists" makes it appear as if the entire board (with a typo, dropping the "s" on Director) supports Islamic terrorists.

When I first saw this I was quite shocked. As Jew who has recently joined NRA I was expecting to read about some board resolution.

A much better title would have been "Member of NRA Board of Directors..."

Bartholomew Roberts
July 31, 2004, 12:50 AM
I think you have purposely, or perhaps ineptly tried to smear the NRA with the title to your post.

Because I have such a history of trying to smear the NRA after all...

I'm not trying to imply that the NRA condones Norquist's actions but Norquist is a member of the NRA Board of Directors... not only that but he is a powerful and influential member at that.

So what does the NRA do here? Does it separate itself from an influential member of the Republican party who can help it advance its goals; but may not be as ethical as we would all like or does it draw a line somewhere?

I'm still going to support the NRA; but I have to say that as an NRA member, I won't be supporting Norquist in future elections to the board. I've considered him a deal with the devil at best in the past and now I have to rethink whether that deal was such a good one after all.

Apache
July 31, 2004, 02:07 AM
That Chinese girl looks like Lucy Lues' beautiful half sister! She can do no wrong! If she says something- it's plausibly true!

FPrice
July 31, 2004, 07:29 AM
" I'm still going to support the NRA; but I have to say that as an NRA member, I won't be supporting Norquist in future elections to the board."

That is your choice. But to choose a thread title which "seems" to implicate the NRA Board of Director (sic) causes one to wonder.

TechBrute
July 31, 2004, 09:10 AM
I think you have purposely, or perhaps ineptly tried to smear the NRA with the title to your post.

The man's name is Norquist. He is on the Board of Directors for the NRA. He supports Islamic terrorists. What part of this are you having a hard time with?

But to choose a thread title which "seems" to implicate the NRA Board of Director To whom? Someone who didn't bother to read anything but the title?:rolleyes:

Bart, you're so inept... ;):D

JohnBT
July 31, 2004, 09:23 AM
Interesting article. We'll see how it all plays out.

But what is an "NRA Board of Director"? Did you mean NRA Board of Directors? The article wasn't about the NRA Board of Directors, it was about one member.

Looks like a poorly worded smear to me.

John

Rebar
July 31, 2004, 12:01 PM
That Chinese girl looks like Lucy Lues' beautiful half sister!
Michelle Malkin is a filipina.

Thumper
July 31, 2004, 12:05 PM

Hold up there, FPrice.

Black Bart is one of the biggest friends of the NRA on this board.

FPrice
July 31, 2004, 09:11 PM
" The man's name is Norquist. He is on the Board of Directors for the NRA. He supports Islamic terrorists. What part of this are you having a hard time with?"

Well, I don't have a hard time with his name.

Nor the fact that he is on the NRA Board of Directors. (BTW, I do not believe that "Board of Director" is a proper title, do you?)

As to whether he "supports" Islamic terrorists, or is just a "useful idiot" that still has to be proven.

What I object to is linking Norquist and his activities to the NRA when it appears that his actions had nothing to do with his NRA board membership. The title of this thread makes it sounds like the NRA Board is supporting Islamic terrorists when this is not the case.

What part of this are YOU having a hard time with?

FPrice
July 31, 2004, 09:19 PM
"Hold up there, FPrice.

Black Bart is one of the biggest friends of the NRA on this board."

If that is the case then I have to assume that he has a difficult time expressing his thoughts in an accurate manner. The title of this thread leads one to believe that the NRA Board of Directors supports Islamic terrorists. But that is not the case, now is it?

If it is an honest mistake, my apologies to Bartholomew.

deej
July 31, 2004, 09:40 PM
Just to clarify, his correct title would be simply "Director," or perhaps "member of the Board of Directors."

Bachs the Bard
July 31, 2004, 09:40 PM
Well not only do I trust Michelle Malkin but I must confess that she is a complete dreamboat. Why are all the good ones taken? /sigh

JeffS
July 31, 2004, 10:35 PM
Proper title would be "NRA Director". Titles of just "Director" are for executives and senior management that are below the President or CEO.

deej
July 31, 2004, 10:57 PM
Ok, I'll go with "NRA Director," especially in cases where the context isn't 100% clear.

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Board of Director supports Islamic terrorists?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!