Newspaper Says Moore Film Used Fake Front

PDA

rock jock
July 30, 2004, 10:43 PM
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. - Filmmaker Michael Moore's Bush-basing documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" apparently has upset more than Republicans.

The (Bloomington) Pantagraph newspaper in central Illinois has sent a letter to Moore and his production company, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., asking Moore to apologize for using what the newspaper says was a doctored front page in the film, the paper reported Friday. It also is seeking compensatory damages of $1.

A scene early in the movie that shows newspaper headlines related to the legally contested presidential election of 2000 included a shot of The Pantagraph's Dec. 19, 2001, front page, with the prominent headline: "Latest Florida recount shows Gore won election."

The paper says that headline never appeared on that day. It appeared in a Dec. 5, 2001, edition, but the headline was not used on the front page. Instead, it was found in much smaller type above a letter to the editor, which the paper says reflects "only the opinions of the letter writer."

"If (Moore) wants to 'edit' The Pantagraph, he should apply for a copy-editing job," the paper said.

Lions Gate Entertainment did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment Friday.
Seriously, how does this guy live with himself?

If you enjoyed reading about "Newspaper Says Moore Film Used Fake Front" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Glock Glockler
July 30, 2004, 10:46 PM
Probably just like McBain: on a big pile of money with lots of beautiful women, except Moore probably has to pay for the women:D

neoncowboy
July 31, 2004, 04:59 PM
lol, more like on a big pile of money (in his Manhattan condo) with lots of beautiful doughnuts.

Don Gwinn
July 31, 2004, 05:05 PM
I can honestly, without hyperbole or exaggeration, say the following:

"This does not surprise me. Not even a little. Total lack of surprise."

He's a shameless liar and he shamelessly lied. This is what a Michael Moore movie is all about.

El Tejon
July 31, 2004, 05:14 PM
Liar, liar, pants on fire!

So, Michael Moore is exposed, yet again, as a liar and a fraud? How does this hurt him?:confused:

wasrjoe
July 31, 2004, 05:51 PM
It also is seeking compensatory damages of $1.

One buck? Is this a mistype or some type of symbolic gesture?

El Tejon
July 31, 2004, 07:51 PM
was, most likely statutory (cannot file suit without some claim of compensatory damages or cause of action gets bounced). Not for certain about Illinois law though.:uhoh:

Unisaw
July 31, 2004, 08:10 PM
I AM SHOCKED!!!

not

He has absolutely no shame. I wonder how much he, or his publisher, pay to various attorneys to protect him from himself.

carpettbaggerr
July 31, 2004, 10:58 PM
Also, depending on state law, if there are damages (even for just $1) then the defendant is liable for the plantiffs legal fees. Which can be millions of dollars. Neat scam, huh?

If you enjoyed reading about "Newspaper Says Moore Film Used Fake Front" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!