HOLY... ****!!! Look at what they want to replace the AW BAN WITH!!!

PDA

Roc_Kor
July 31, 2004, 06:12 PM
OMG. This is HORRIBLE. LOOK AT THIS:

New AW BAN(PDF):
http://www.banassaultweapons.com/docUploads/s1431%2Epdf

PDF explaining the difference between the New Ban and Old Ban:
http://www.banassaultweapons.com/docUploads/awside%2Dby%2Dside%2Epdf

LOOK AT THIS! THEY WANT TO MAKE M1 CARBINES ILLEGAL! THIS IS BAD. WE MUST STOP THEM.

(Sorry if this is old news or obsolete. But we must be reminded!)

If you enjoyed reading about "HOLY... ****!!! Look at what they want to replace the AW BAN WITH!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LAR-15
July 31, 2004, 06:14 PM
Next year they will try to get this passed.

Roc_Kor
July 31, 2004, 06:15 PM
READ IT THOUGH. MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY ONE CHARACTERISTIC MAKES IT ILLEGAL, NOT TWO.

This is bad... We need to stop this.

LAR-15
July 31, 2004, 06:19 PM
We did stop it.:)

It's so radical it was pronounced DOA.

schizrade
July 31, 2004, 06:22 PM
Next year they will try to get this passed.
What makes you think that they will wait until next year?
What's to stop them from enacting this in preparation for the current sunset so it takes affect as of Jan. 1, 2005? They are already in special sessions.

Hkmp5sd
July 31, 2004, 06:30 PM
What's to stop them from enacting this in preparation for the current sunset so it takes affect as of Jan. 1, 2005?
Presidential Election.

Shooter 2.5
July 31, 2004, 06:31 PM
Vote a straight Republican ballot and work for a better Republican controlled Senate and Congress. Re-elect the President.

schizrade
July 31, 2004, 06:36 PM
Presidential Election.

Ahhh, yes that pesky bugger. ;)

Roc_Kor
July 31, 2004, 06:47 PM
I have a feeling that they will keep fighting for this ban for a long time, just as we will fight against it for a long time.

ONWARD SOLDIERS OF THE GUN!!! WE MUST WIN!!! :cuss: :fire:

Sorry, got excited. :D

Justin
July 31, 2004, 07:59 PM
Old news.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23494&highlight=ban

DorGunR
July 31, 2004, 08:26 PM
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote a straight Republican ballot and work for a better Republican controlled Senate and Congress. Re-elect the President.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditto, ditto and ditto.

Zach S
July 31, 2004, 08:38 PM
I didnt click the links, but I'm guessing this is HR 2038 which bans just about any semi auto rifle that uses a detatchable mag? DOA. They're having enough trouble with a renewal of the current ban. When I first read it, I, as well as a lot of other people, though they were trying bite off more than they could chew, we were right.

Fight the renewal, the extended ban inst an issue at the moment.

marklbucla
July 31, 2004, 09:10 PM
FAB-10's for everyone!

:uhoh:

Roc_Kor
July 31, 2004, 10:55 PM
What does 'DOA' mean?

:barf:

schizrade
July 31, 2004, 11:08 PM
DOA= Dead on Arrival

Roc_Kor
July 31, 2004, 11:16 PM
Thought so. Thanks!

roscoe
August 1, 2004, 01:23 AM
The fact that it includes the M1 carbine is the best thing about the new bill - it virtually assures that it will go nowhere. Way too many people have good associations withe the M1 from the History Channel, and it certainbly ahs none of the 'evil black rifle' stigma.

tyme
August 1, 2004, 03:40 AM
Excellent strategy. Vote for someone who is on record as supporting the current AWB. If the winds change in the House and Senate, which they always could, you'd best hold on to your hat.

GWB is a Rino in cowboy boots. He belongs in a zoo.

Zach S
August 1, 2004, 07:41 AM
OK we'll vote for kerry while he's crawling around in the woods with his double barrel 12 guage hunting deer.

If Kerry gets in he'll be twising arms in congress trying to get it passed, Bush hasnt.

pinblaster
August 1, 2004, 08:33 AM
:D That's a good idea , vote for Kerry , he surely won't support a new AWB . Will he ? :D

rock jock
August 1, 2004, 09:17 AM
You have, of course, stated the only rational solution. Everything else is just a pipedream.

Shooter 2.5
August 1, 2004, 10:06 AM
tyme

kerry has an A rating from the gun control crowd and an F rating from the gun Rights groups. That's the person you're supporting for the Presidency. kerry voted for the bill to outlaw 30-30 ammo.

Show me one single video clip, statement, speech or sound bite that has Bush saying anything on the AWB while he's in office. It's been the Republican Party that has stopped the Assault Weapons Ban.

45Cal
August 1, 2004, 10:13 AM
quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed.

However, you should carefully screen your choices
of Republican or Dem? candidates running in the state primaries
about their true positions regarding the gun issues.

Use the NRA and GOA ratings systems.

And, those who have turncoat Rep's that are running for reelection
some (Republican's and most Dem's) should vote to remove them from office.
ASAP!

45CAL NRA Life member.

Roc_Kor
August 1, 2004, 10:18 AM
A vote to ban 30-30 ammo? Why did they do that? (Someone explain this to me.)

Shooter 2.5
August 1, 2004, 10:39 AM
The antigun dems lumped 30-30 ammo in with so-called "Armor Piercing ammunition". Teddy the swimmer even mentioned 30-30 ammo and how powerful it was. kerry stepped off the campaign trail to vote for it.

RINO's aren't as bad as the anti-gun dems. As bad as they are, they still allow us to keep the anti's from having control of the Senate and Congress. Having a RINO in a liberal state allows up to keep bills like the AWB from coming to the floor. Not only that, but conservatives can't be elected to liberal states no matter what your magic wand says.

Vote a straight Republican ballot.

45Cal
August 1, 2004, 10:45 AM
quote.
Vote a straight Republican ballot

I do, but Zell Miller of GA sure looks good when someone like Susan Collins of MA votes to sell us out on the AWB.

Then, there's Mayor Bloomberg of New York...............
Which is like having Anti-YOKO ONO act as the Mayor of NYC!

These people are Republican In Name Only!
Weed them out in the STATE PRIMARIES.

45CAL NRA Life member.

Roc_Kor
August 1, 2004, 11:01 AM
What's a RINO???

:banghead:

carp killer
August 1, 2004, 11:14 AM
RINO = Arnold Schwarzenegger

Dbl0Kevin
August 1, 2004, 11:33 AM
LOOK AT THIS! THEY WANT TO MAKE M1 CARBINES ILLEGAL! THIS IS BAD. WE MUST STOP THEM

The fact that it includes the M1 carbine is the best thing about the new bill - it virtually assures that it will go nowhere. Way too many people have good associations withe the M1 from the History Channel, and it certainbly ahs none of the 'evil black rifle' stigma.

Wanna bet? Come to New Jersey. The M1 Carbine and all copies is specifically named on the list of banned "assault firearms".

:uhoh: :banghead:

TarpleyG
August 1, 2004, 12:33 PM
RINO=Republican in name only.

Greg

Roc_Kor
August 1, 2004, 01:49 PM
Ok. Thanks.

New Jersey? That sucks. The M1 carbine is a legend.

AZRickD
August 1, 2004, 02:52 PM
Let's look with a long lense.

What _they_ *really* want is a total ban on civilian ownership of *anything* that can be used as an offensive or defensive weapon.

They want England...

I don't.

The so-called "AW ban" is bait-and-switch.

Rick

whm1974
August 1, 2004, 03:04 PM
If this did get passed, I suppose we will be seeing AR-15s without pistol grips?

-Bill

Harry Tuttle
August 1, 2004, 03:05 PM
We stopped Feinstein & Brady in Maryland and put a serious dent in their assumed national cake walk.

They had 10 years to prove they could make a difference.

They failed.

If they are doing this "for the childeren", they should be advocating swimming lessions.

Roc_Kor
August 1, 2004, 03:54 PM
"For the children..." :barf:

Same thing Hitler said. :cuss:

History, people. Learn it.:banghead:

Hack
August 1, 2004, 04:06 PM
This is a real tough one here in NY.
It's right next to impossible to elect anything but lib here and the redder the better.
Hell, we got one(elected) who was the anti-DWI chairthing here locally.
Usually it's speeches get 7's or 8's on the Heinz megalomaniaometer.
A real sheepherder with big flocks.
Then it got busted and convicted for DWI.
No problem in the pasture.
A little Libdrivel and *bink*, voted right back in.
That said you'd figure I'd be tickled pink to have the Republican governor I voted for.
HA. I got screwed bad on that waste of skin.
I can't vote for it again.

God, I gotta move.

WonderNine
August 1, 2004, 05:36 PM
They'll wait until the next terrorist attack and then this thing will pass at 5am in the morning just like the Patriot Act. I'm sure they'll call it something like the "Domestic Security Act" or something similiar.

Clean97GTI
August 1, 2004, 07:37 PM

Voting for the lesser of two evils doesn't make it good. You still have evil in office...you will be getting nowhere a little slower. Start fighting for election reform and watch your fight become much easier.

SodiumBenzoate
August 1, 2004, 07:41 PM

There are several cases where the better RKBA choice is a Democrat, not a Republican.

twoblink
August 1, 2004, 11:19 PM
I usually don't do this, but this so fits the bill I had to..

What do I think about it?

http://www.mpt.org/artworks/thisweek/images/10.31.02/barf.jpg

Drjones
August 2, 2004, 02:16 PM
Based on my cursory glance at it, they want to ban:

- All semiautomatic pistols

- All semiauto shotguns

- All military pattern weapons, including the stuff covered under the 1994 ban.

Guys, this is a very small (44kb) .pdf file. You should download it and read it in order to get chills up and down your spine like I have so that you are MOTIVATED TO DO SOMETHING.

We CANNOT afford to be so lazy as to assume it is DOA, we must walk up to its bloody body, lying on the ground, and put another two in this bill's head just to be sure.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

LAK
August 3, 2004, 04:05 AM
What AZRickD said.

If you want to give your "republican" reps a 2nd Amendment polygraph - tell them you want it in writing that they will oppose any new gun legislation regardless of what happens in this country - "terrorists" or any other manifestation ;)

sevenpoint62mm
August 3, 2004, 06:12 AM
I'm glad they are trying to make it this tough,...

<waits for everyones to gasp>

Because the more riduculus the request the hard it will be to pass. They might as well tack on a request for all non-muskets to be outlawed. I bet this POS even considers 22 semiauto rifles w/ detachables as ARs.

Christ, you'd think they play smart and ask for this crap in baby steps to disquise thier evil plot. Just thank your lucky stars Demis are half-wit inbreeders.

Roc_Kor
August 3, 2004, 08:09 AM
I believe it states .22 rifles as the exception to the rules.

Foreign Devil
August 3, 2004, 08:49 AM
By all means, let them abandon incrementalism and move to ban a whole slew of guns.

Maybe that will wake up the apathetic "hunters and collectors" who fill our ranks.

The more extreme it is the harder it will be to get through.

We should all write letters to Feinstein and Boxer urging them to expand the proposed guns to include everything bigger than an air rifle.

flatrock
August 3, 2004, 09:19 AM

Unfortunately, that won't work for me. I live in Ohio. My Senators have no respect for the rights of gun owners, though they do play some lip service to us to an extent.

Just voting Republican won't work here in Ohio. We need to fix our Republican party first, and I'm starting to wonder if it's going to take some losses at the polls before those changes can happen.

MrAcheson
August 3, 2004, 10:42 AM
Voting for the lesser of two evils doesn't make it good. You still have evil in office...

"For were the impulses of conscience clear, uniform, and irresistibly obeyed, man would need no other lawgiver; but that not being the case, he finds it necessary to surrender up a part of his property to furnish means for the protection of the rest; and this he is induced to do by the same prudence which in every other case advises him out of two evils to choose the least. "

- Thomas Paine, Common Sense

carp killer
August 3, 2004, 08:58 PM
Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Ol' Thomas Paine would be arrested if he was around today.

Kharn
August 4, 2004, 07:49 AM
Its kind of funny they want to ban pistols equipped with a "second pistol grip". Those arent pistols, they're AOWs under the NFA.

Silly antis, guns are (a matter) for grown-ups. :rolleyes:

Kharn

Roc_Kor
August 4, 2004, 09:35 AM
What are AOWs????

:barf:

Kharn
August 4, 2004, 10:21 AM
'Any Other Weapons':
Guns that do not fit the conventional designs (rifle, shotgun, pistol), such as pen/cane guns (guns that do not look like guns), guns with two pistol grips (not a pistol and not a rifle), smoothbore guns without stocks (not a shotgun). Same paperwork as a machine gun to purchase, but lower tax.

Kharn

If you enjoyed reading about "HOLY... ****!!! Look at what they want to replace the AW BAN WITH!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!