Barf Alert- Kerry on God and Guns

PDA

fmjcafe
August 1, 2004, 08:31 PM
http://start.earthlink.net/newsarticle?cat=9&aid=D846NQSO0_story
:barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "Barf Alert- Kerry on God and Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
geekWithA.45
August 1, 2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah, well, after the Donk's had a whole mini convention on the topic of "god & guns: reclaiming the center" (or something like that) last year, it's no suprise to see them talking about....shocker....wait for it....god & guns.

Kerry's got no credibility on the gun issue, and most informed people know it. The only thing this might get him is some points among the Elmer Fuddites, those who believe 2A is about their duck & deer gun.

Moparmike
August 1, 2004, 08:37 PM
They seem to have neglected his vote for the banning of all centerfire rifle ammo, including Ted Kennedy's feared .30-30 cop-killing assualt rifle round.:barf: :scrutiny: :fire:

Standing Wolf
August 1, 2004, 09:31 PM
I'm beginning to think of that Kerry creature as Liar Gore without the charm and Michael Dukakis without the intellectual horsepower, or perhaps Snopes Clinton without the sterling ethical standards.

critter
August 1, 2004, 09:58 PM
Some of you guys think Kerry flip-flops. That implies that he is two-faced. Far from it! He has far more sides than that. He can be on EVERY SIDE of EVERY issue all the time! A really remarkable individual all in all!! <sarcastic rant mode off now.>

45Cal
August 1, 2004, 10:10 PM
Would someone please tell comrade Kerry's spin masters
that the Second Amendment isn't about hunting?

twoblink
August 1, 2004, 11:22 PM
Then again, he crawls around on his belly to hunt deer... :rolleyes: :uhoh: :scrutiny: :barf:

Headless Thompson Gunner
August 2, 2004, 12:35 AM
It's not that Kerry's people don't know the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting, it's that they don't care about the 2nd Amendment. Or any part of the Constitution, based on what I've seen.

TarpleyG
August 2, 2004, 11:35 AM
This guy is a spineless jellyfish. Will he not stand up for anything he believes in?

Greg

Partisan Ranger
August 2, 2004, 12:18 PM
"Kerry supports extending the ban on assault-type weapons and requiring background checks at gun shows. "

I'll bet this hack pulled this from an AP story yesterday. We currently don't have background checks at gunshows eh? :rolleyes:

Whether it's deliberate or ignorance, this nonsense being passed off as 'fact' always undermines our gun rights.

halvey
August 2, 2004, 03:00 PM
Wasn't Kerry born Jewish?

He even flip flops on that.

ssr
August 2, 2004, 03:01 PM
Then again, he crawls around on his belly to hunt deer...

...with his double barrel side-by-side.

RON in PA
August 2, 2004, 03:26 PM
Kerry was not born Jewish, one of his grandfathers was, but converted to RC. Interestingly Kerry's brother converted to Judaism.

halvey
August 2, 2004, 03:34 PM
Kerry was not born Jewish, one of his grandfathers was, Thanks. I knew there was some connection, but wasn't sure.

He's still a flip flopper. :)

feedthehogs
August 2, 2004, 04:18 PM
Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, a Democrat, said the gun vote could make the difference for Kerry in Pennsylvania

Come on you PA residents. Make them eat their words!

Ex-Doc
August 2, 2004, 04:36 PM
Did you know Kerry was in Veitnam? :rolleyes:

45Cal
August 2, 2004, 05:47 PM
So was John Wayne. :D

Rebeldon
August 2, 2004, 05:58 PM
I'm Christian, I'm Catholic, it's important to me," Kerry said. "It has served me through my whole life.

Can anybody see what is wrong with that statement?

Moparmike
August 2, 2004, 06:44 PM
But how many RC's can we count on to see it, and comprehend the wrongness of it? Last time I checked, God wasn't a political servant...:scrutiny:

Beren
August 2, 2004, 07:03 PM
Kerry will garner few votes among my relatives in PA. The man simply isn't worhty of trust. Any man who would try to take my firearms away, despite my status as a law-abiding, peace-loving citizen, cannot be trusted with guarding any of my civil liberties.

Unfortunately, there are a number of "abortion is fine, life only counts if you can enjoy it-grab the guns-war is bad, ignore the evil-Bush-stoooole-the-election" people around me.

MP5
August 3, 2004, 07:30 AM
Any man who would try to take my firearms away, despite my status as a law-abiding, peace-loving citizen, cannot be trusted with guarding any of my civil liberties.

True, but the Bush administration has proven itself to be no friend of human rights and civil liberties in general (see the so-called "Patriot Act" for example), and no great champion of the RKBA. If they're so eager to invade our privacy and curtail due process, they can't be trusted to adequately defend our Second Amendment rights, either.

MrAcheson
August 3, 2004, 11:00 AM
The PATRIOT Act is overblown. Sometimes civil liberties have to take a back seat in a time of war like now, but at least PATRIOT has a sunset clause to prevent permanent damage to our rights. Do you think Kerry's AWB will have that?

Secondly, while Bush gives the AWB lip service, he is not a legislative champion of it. Bush will sign it if it gets to his desk, but it won't take action to promote it. That basically ensures it won't ever get to him.

Lobotomy Boy
August 3, 2004, 11:45 AM
Mr. Acheson wrote: "Sometimes civil liberties have to take a back seat in a time of war like now..."

That kind of thinking will lead to us losing our Second Amendment rights faster than anything else.

MP5
August 3, 2004, 01:05 PM
Mr. Acheson wrote: "Sometimes civil liberties have to take a back seat in a time of war like now..."

That kind of thinking will lead to us losing our Second Amendment rights faster than anything else.

Exactly. Our rights and freedoms (ideally) work together and are of equal importance. Arguing that some are no longer so important when it suits the government's interests easily sets the precedent or reinforces the attitude that "Maybe these other rights aren't so vital, either." That's precisely the attitude of the anti-RKBA forces. Pick-and-chose is a dangerous game.

2nd Amendment
August 3, 2004, 01:15 PM
So the solution is to give the PA and trust in civil rights overall to a man who clearly states, by his voting record and his words, that he has no interest in protecting them? From resricting the 2A to jacking taxes and socializing medicine, to handing over military control to the UN and more THIS is who you want to replace Bush with?

Go from bad to worse, eh? That's the goal? And your logic would be what?

Bush is "bad", in that he is a weak-kneed fence-sitting Moderate, but he's better than the only alternative some of you keep telling us we need. Wait, you aren't telling us we need Kerry? Well guys here it is again: There's only two choices: Bush or Kerry. Pick one. As a rational individual it seems obvious to me which to choose...

MP5
August 3, 2004, 02:27 PM
There's only two choices: Bush or Kerry. Pick one. As a rational individual it seems obvious to me which to choose...

There are plenty of choices beyond the big two, not that they stand a chance of winning in this particular presidential election. Either way, as a rational individual, it seems to me that neither Bush nor Kerry is close to satisfactory when one looks at the totality of the major issues.

MP5
August 4, 2004, 07:34 AM
The only thing this might get him is some points among the Elmer Fuddites, those who believe 2A is about their duck & deer gun.

Calling potential allies nasty names seems ass-backwards.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barf Alert- Kerry on God and Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!