Compare this soldier's story to Kerry's

PDA

Warhawk
August 2, 2004, 07:49 PM
For anyone who is impressed with John Kerry's military exploits, take a minute and read about Army SPC Joe Herndon.
I coached joe in little league baseball and junior football for a few years. He was one of those kids that you'll always remember. Very strong, tough, dedicated and determined, but above all he had HEART!

Joe was killed near Hawija, Iraq last week. Please take a minute and read his story.

Soldier chose duty over safety

Army Spc. Joseph Herndon II didn't have to return to Iraq after he got his second Purple Heart. He could have opted for another assignment, away from the bombs and bullets that wounded him twice and would eventually kill him.

But friends say the Schofield Barracks soldier and Kansas native would have never chosen his own safety over the chance to provide fellow soldiers with his support and camaraderie.

more ...
http://starbulletin.com/2004/08/01/news/story4.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Compare this soldier's story to Kerry's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jerryd
August 2, 2004, 07:56 PM
No coparrison,this man was a real SOLDIER not a As&^%e like Kerry!! Saw some company commanders like Kerry when i was in NAM would go on patrol a few times then thats it, going home with a chest full of medals, of course nobody knows who wrote the citations up, really makes me sick!! God bless all the service men who go in harms way!

critter
August 2, 2004, 10:27 PM
God bless all our service men and those in the families who wait! THANKS!

mrapathy2000
August 2, 2004, 11:25 PM
did Army Spc. Joseph Herndon II ever earn a purple heart shooting a morter short range at some rocks and catching some of the debris verified by unit members,doctor and commander?

if Army Spc. Joseph Herndon II is as you describe. I wouldnt mention John Kerry in the same paragraph.

John Kerry had a chance this year to support the troops in iraq with 89 Billion. Kerry voted against it to gain points in the polls to look more Anti War than Howard Dean. political expedience over making sure the troops have the best equipment,supplies and support.

readyfire
August 2, 2004, 11:32 PM
God bless him and his family,hes appreciated and respected!its good to see theirs real men left in the world, its a shame one of ems gone!

Lone_Gunman
August 3, 2004, 01:28 AM
It is a shame a good man died.

I agree, there is no comparing him to Kerry.

But it is unfair to just compare him to Kerry... other national politicians would be just as inappropriate to compare with him.

Army Spc. Joseph Herndon II wasn't laying low in the air national guard, if you get my drift.

Tharg
August 3, 2004, 04:03 PM
I served and appreciate those that served in other branches as well as my shipmates.

But thats the end... i'm tired of hearing about poli's who served. There were any number of other people who served as well during the same time frame, many more who proved themselves valiantly - how this has anything to do w/ running a country i don't know.

Why getting SHOT has anything to do w/ your integrity i don't know either - plenty of people got shot in any number of wars. I don't know anyone who stepped in front of a bullet for the fun of it or to say "ooo i got shot! lookie lookie"

3 purple hearts are just what they are - medals saying you got wounded during duty. It doesn't make ya a better candidate because you got shot, wounded w/ rock shrapnel, stumbled and stubbed a toe - whatever.

Actions commanding during a wartime situation in battle are FAR different from what the president of the US has to do, during peacetime or wartime.

Tired of the whole did the president serve in the military comparisons, the ONLY exception i'd make are for people like Clark and Colon Powel - Military for life - they served and went up the ranks untill they were Generals.... Generals are mostly top level, having to see the whole picture kind of Military people. Managing people, supplies, routes, rates of death, gas, ammo, etc etc... its the kind of experience I would think is actually comparable in a way to what a president has to do. Much smaller scale - but actually ON the scale. Being a LT on a little boat running up and down a river isn't on that scale.

J/Tharg!

sar
August 3, 2004, 04:43 PM
What I love is that when Slick Willy was running the Dems told us that serving in Vietnam and what happened 30 years ago was not relevant to being the President. Now they tell us it is........

Lone_Gunman
August 3, 2004, 07:40 PM
sar,

The Republicans have done the same thing in reverse.

Fred Fuller
August 3, 2004, 07:50 PM
Kerry? The reincarnation of JFK? Oh yeah, he served all right. Four whole months... .

Sickening.

lpl/nc
======================
http://www.etherzone.com/2004/raim073004.shtml

===snip
In another grisly scene you didn't see on that "hail the war hero" video, Kerry and his cohorts use an old man as a human minesweeper, making him walk along a path they believed might be paved with Viet-Cong landmines. The trail was clean, there were no Viet-Cong in sight, but the Nung tribesmen Kerry was ferrying slit the guy's throat anyway, leaving a note on the old man's disemboweled remains. It turns out that a great many of those medals he pretended to cast away as part of his "antiwar" protesting were for incurring relatively superficial wounds and firing on unarmed villagers. Cockburn and St. Clair cite former assistant secretary of defense W. Scott Thompson's recollection of a conversation with the late Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt Jr.:

"[T]he fabled and distinguished chief of naval operations, Admiral Elmo Zumwalt, told me – 30 years ago when he was still CNO [chief naval officer in Vietnam] – that during his own command of U.S. naval forces in Vietnam, just prior to his anointment as CNO, young Kerry had created great problems for him and the other top brass, by killing so many non-combatant civilians and going after other non-military targets. 'We had virtually to straitjacket him to keep him under control,' the admiral said. 'Bud' Zumwalt got it right when he assessed Kerry as having large ambitions – but promised that his career in Vietnam would haunt him if he were ever on the national stage.'"

I wonder if the "antiwar" fake-leftist cheerleaders for Kerry can guarantee that they'll straightjacket him for the duration, and make sure he doesn't go off on another killing spree. I wouldn't count on it, however.
===snip

If you enjoyed reading about "Compare this soldier's story to Kerry's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!