WoTerror: MSNBC's Keith Oberman -- "Who's watching the domestic militias?"

PDA

AZRickD
August 3, 2004, 01:18 AM
The above quote is paraphrased from a promo I just heard tonite on MSNBC. It will be aired tomorrow (Tuesday nite).

I can't find it doing a web search yet.

Just a heads up.

Rick

If you enjoyed reading about "WoTerror: MSNBC's Keith Oberman -- "Who's watching the domestic militias?"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2nd Amendment
August 3, 2004, 02:26 AM
Hehehehe...

Lots of people...but a little disinformation works both ways in that regard, and that's all I'll say about that. :D

AZRickD
August 3, 2004, 11:20 AM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/

countdown@msnbc.com

Tuesday, 8 p.m. ET

America goes on high alert with increased security, and a watchful eye on
international terrorists like Al Qaeda. But are we ignoring terror that's
born on American soil? And just who is watching America's domestic
militias? Keith Olbermann investigates on Countdown. 'Countdown with Keith
Olbermann' regularly airs weeknights, 8 p.m. ET

OF
August 3, 2004, 11:27 AM
Maybe he was watching the last episode of 'The Grid' and caught the scene where the terrorist gets his buddy to take him to a gun show (which has at least one, what appears to be, AT4 anti-tank weapon available for sale :rolleyes: ) where there 'are no background checks or waiting periods' and they can make any gun full auto if they can just find the right guy and avoid the ATF.

The scene was complete with the wide-eyed child fondling a handgun...

It was a carefully scripted and shot anti-gunshow segment which as far as I can tell was added to the story specifically for the purpose of making the statement.

- Gabe

Waitone
August 3, 2004, 04:24 PM
I've waited for the white militian boogie man to arise, again.

Bear in mind, prior to the OKC bombing Clinton and Reno and Morris Dees and Jamie Gorelick identifed white militias as the most significant terror threat the US faced.

For 5 days after OKC bombing the hunt was on for middle eastern suspects and suddenly everyone shifted field and went after while militias.

What I want to know if Obermann is equally concerned with ELF, ALF, and ANSWR terrorists.

Shield529
August 4, 2004, 12:26 AM
Watching most "militias" is like watching grass grow.
I get 2-10 calls a week from people demanding I raid this shooting range or that social club, because someone that attends hates the Gov. or put thier lack of trust of our elected loved ones in print or on the web.

Hours of my time are lost trying to explain the Bill Of Rights to these people. while they respond with "your not listening they don't like the goverment and they have GUNS!!!! big ones and they shooting like thier planning something. (IDPA matches almost every week)

I find it easy to tell them I don't have anything to do with guns that big call the Feds.
But this is all part of our country's decline. No one talks to thier neighbor and asks what going on, turn down music, your 2 year old hit my 3 year old, ETC. Everyone calls the police and wants a report for everything, it is total lack of community and reliance on goverment that has started us right down the primrose path. Militias are just todays boogyman.

PATH
August 4, 2004, 12:56 AM
Amen.

Sindawe
August 4, 2004, 12:58 AM
I'm at work, so I can't. :( I'd like to get a report (typed, single spaces, NLT 3 pages :D ) on what was covered and the basic stance of the 'report'.

Sheild529: Good thing none of those folks who call you never worked at my former employer's place. 'bout 75% of the crews had firearms of various flavors AND did not like the .gov or trust their elected officals, nor were shy in sharing their opinions. We also had access to strong acids, bases, flammables and multi-kilogram quantiies of cyanide (reagent for hemoglobin O2 binding capacity). You'd have NEVER gotten any peace.

I concur that the trend to 'call the cops' first is a sad one, rather than talking to one's neighbors. I use that route first (talk to neighbor) when there is an issue. Neighbor kid had a habit of playing Gangsta-Rap at high volumes. Only got to be an issue when it started to vibrate my pictures off the wall. Tried to talk to him a couple of times, and his mother too. Not to stop, just don't vibrate my pictures off the wall. Mom whined right back that she could her my music, but fell silent when I asked why she never came over and told me it bothered her. Anyways, I finally HAD to call the cops one day when my requests were ignored and the kid stuck his speakers in the window and cranked the volume just to spite me. THAT worked, and he even had the consideration to let me know he was gonna have a party one Sat and might be a bit noisy. No problem there, as we were playing card that night, and our rules debates can get a tad noisy at times. :D

AZRickD
August 4, 2004, 01:58 AM
Five minutes before the 9pm (Phoenix) "Countdown" with Keith Oberman, they ran yet another "militia" promo.

I sat through 60 minutes of shallow analysis, story after story. No evil militia to be found.

I, I feel used. So very...dirty.

Rick

Warren
August 4, 2004, 02:12 AM
"your not listening they don't like the goverment and they have GUNS!!!!

I'm more worried about the people who don't like guns and they have GOVERNMENTS!

If you enjoyed reading about "WoTerror: MSNBC's Keith Oberman -- "Who's watching the domestic militias?"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!