National Association of Chiefs of Police "pro-gun"?

PDA

Stand_Watie
August 3, 2004, 08:35 PM
I had always suspected that most police chiefs were politicos, and more likely to be (at least publically) more gun-control like Mayors seem to be, but I heard an interview on AM radio this morning (Dallas area, I think the station was 570) with either the President of this association or his representative and he unequivocatedly stated that they were "pro-gun". He said that 65% of their members support citizen CCW.

Interesting. Maybe this org. has a lot of rural and small town chiefs/sherrifs?

If you enjoyed reading about "National Association of Chiefs of Police "pro-gun"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TJC
August 3, 2004, 08:58 PM
If you are talking about the IACP their stance by the Board Members is anti CCW. I know, I belong and have sent them letters protesting their stance. However, I am sure there are many Chiefs, Administrators etc. like myself that are pro gun etc. But our views rarely get the light.

Just like my state association I belong to, the official stance is anti CCW etc but there are many Chiefs that are not against it. I am actually enjoying the new HR218 because is flies right into the face of the state associations position. Love it.

If you enjoyed reading about "National Association of Chiefs of Police "pro-gun"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!