Bridge fence messages with cups, is it littering?

PDA

SB88LX
August 4, 2004, 03:29 PM
Driving home today, I thought how it'd be interesting to post a couple of pro-RKBA messages on the bridges along I-270 (maryland). If passing police officers got interested, would this be considered littering, or label me a domestic terrorist of some sort (messages like "Right to Keep and Bear Arms," "Defend the constitution," and the one made classic by the bumper sticker "Politicians love gun control" with the accompanying sickle and hammer and swastika)? Bad idea overall? Input please.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bridge fence messages with cups, is it littering?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ironbarr
August 4, 2004, 03:35 PM
If you can get away with it - yes IMO, but drop the last one. Keep the high road.

Actually, what might be a great thing to do is to mimic the old Burma Shave signs. You'd have to have a poet among your troops (which, if you used the Burma Shave thing, you'd have to have help - thus "troops").

-Andy

SB88LX
August 4, 2004, 03:37 PM
Touché, ill save the last one for the bumper of my beater.

gunsmith
August 4, 2004, 04:55 PM
Folks were putting flags on bridges here in PRK,after awhile anti war banners were also being hung. State workers started taking down the anti banners and left the flags up and the lefties filed a lawsuit-now there are no flags or banners.
Are other folks using cups to put messages up? if so you have a good defense if you're caught.
Post some pics afterward!

SB88LX
August 4, 2004, 04:58 PM
Some teenie bopper idiot put up "i love marlis" on one of the overpasses, where the cup idea came from, just seems a lot easier than huge tarps.

Harry Tuttle
August 4, 2004, 05:14 PM
seen 'em

i'm tempted to install a
War is Peace
2+2=5

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2001/Sep/26/flags/fence_b.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Bridge fence messages with cups, is it littering?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!