See what happens when you veto CCW.

PDA

angrywalkindude
August 4, 2004, 06:05 PM
Democrats fired their standard-bearer, Gov. Bob Holden, on Tuesday and chose Auditor Claire McCaskill as their best hope for staving off Republican control of the Statehouse this fall.

The gun issue also hurt Holden in rural Missouri. Holden vetoed a concealed weapons bill, a move that he said prompted Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. to endorse McCaskill. He said she had waffled on the issue, which she denied. McCaskill said she opposes concealed weapons. http://www.stltoday.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "See what happens when you veto CCW." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bobs1066
August 4, 2004, 07:45 PM
I hope the folks here in KS can do the same when our gov comes up for re-election.

Ed
August 4, 2004, 08:20 PM
That makes no sence. If AB endorsed someone else BECAUSE goober 1 was anti, why would they endorse goober 2 if she WERE ANTI ALSO?

fmjcafe
August 4, 2004, 08:44 PM
I`m pretty sure AB gave her a contribution before she went public with her stance against CCW.

as for One Term Bob......
AMF!

tiberius
August 4, 2004, 08:59 PM
See what happens when you veto CCW. As Anne Richards already knows. :)

VaniB.
August 4, 2004, 11:17 PM
As Anne Richards already knows

yea, and as GWBush knows too. -He became our Governor having pledged to sign that same bill she vetoed!

Standing Wolf
August 4, 2004, 11:30 PM
I always love to see leftist extremists lose their places at the public trough.

clange
August 5, 2004, 01:59 AM
That makes no sence. If AB endorsed someone else BECAUSE goober 1 was anti, why would they endorse goober 2 if she WERE ANTI ALSO?
Well the obvious (unable to be understood by holden supporters) answer is that their contributions are not based on CCW. IIRC AB gives money to virtually anyone, unless you really piss them off like holden did.

RealGun
August 5, 2004, 07:49 AM
Is there any association between Anheuser-Busch and CCW? If so, how come?

mondocomputerman
August 5, 2004, 08:43 AM
I agree bobs1066, lets get Kathleen Sebanticcwlius out of office.

lee n. field
August 5, 2004, 08:49 AM
If there's one short and simple lesson pols need to get through their heads it's this: "Gun owners remember. Gun owners hold grudges."

Pumpkinheaver
August 5, 2004, 08:52 PM
Matt Blunt will beat her in november. He has already stated he will fix the problems with the new ccw law.

srschick
August 6, 2004, 03:35 PM
Is there any association between Anheuser-Busch and CCW? If so, how come?

YES! Thank God!

http://www.moccw.org/ab.html

(don't forget, they are still a bunch of "good 'ole boys")

themic
August 6, 2004, 04:42 PM
Wow!

I'm switch my standard beer from Miller to Bud.

what do you call that? an un-boycott?

themic
August 6, 2004, 04:50 PM
i just e-mailed AB to let them know my choice, too.

"I just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm going to switch from Miller to Bud from now on. I just learned from some internet research that you stand for citizen's rights in your home state. I applaud you for that. Thanks."

i'm probably floating OT here, but what the hey. Someone can start a new thread maybe if there's more discussion to be had on this.

If you enjoyed reading about "See what happens when you veto CCW." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!