David Crosby arrest question

PDA

CentralTexas
August 5, 2004, 11:59 AM
OK, David gets busted in New York for a handgun & pot. He get's a wrist slap since he is special, article notes he is licensed in **********.
David served time in the pen before, how did a felon get firearm privleges?
I'm all for felons getting their privleges back once time is served BTW.
CT

If you enjoyed reading about "David Crosby arrest question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
charby
August 5, 2004, 12:13 PM
Famous people never get the full punishment like Joe 6-pack citizen does.

Jarhed
August 5, 2004, 01:15 PM
But they DO get new livers when they pickle theirs. And they don't have to wait in line with all the little people.

gunsmith
August 6, 2004, 12:36 AM
article notes he is licensed in **********

Licensed to drive maybe.
You need a "safety certificate" to buy a new handgun...do you mean he has a CCW?

The article is probably BS, they said the same thing when Drew Barrymores mom Jade got busted with a .357 revolver in NYC and it was BS then too.

please link the offending article?

whm1974
August 7, 2004, 11:36 PM
David served time in the pen before, how did a felon get firearm privleges?
I'm all for felons getting their privleges back once time is served BTW.

From what I heard in most states a felon can get his record wiped cleaned if he stayed out of trouble sinced he got busted.

-Bill

Hal
August 8, 2004, 06:00 AM
CT,
According to his bio, his conviction was overturned on appeals.
So even though he spent 1 year behind bars, I guess that means he wasn't really a felon.

Stand_Watie
August 8, 2004, 06:05 AM
In all fairness (regardless of how I feel about his politics), he shouldn't be considered a felon if his conviction was overturned.

If you enjoyed reading about "David Crosby arrest question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!