Kerry Voted In 1996 To Kill CMP

PDA

Bartholomew Roberts
August 5, 2004, 06:21 PM
In addition to being the co-sponsor of S.1431 (http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:S.1431:), the new & improved semi-auto ban that would define guns such as the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine as "assault weapons", Senator Kerry has voted to kill the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

In 1996, Senator Lautenberg offered his S. Amdt. 4218 to S.1745 (the Defense Appropriations Bill for 1996). The purpose of S.Amdt 4218 was:

S. Amdt. 4218 - To eliminate taxpayer subsidies for recreational shooting programs, and to prevent the transfer of federally-owned weapons, ammunition, funds, and other property to a private Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and Firearms Safety.

The Senate moved to table (kill) this amendment to the defense appropriations bill; but John Kerry voted NO - hoping to keep the amendment as part of the bill. (Vote #178, Second Session of 104th Congress) (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=104&session=2&vote=00178)

But I hear he is a gun owner and hunter and isn't any different from Bush anyway, so don't worry too much.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kerry Voted In 1996 To Kill CMP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Waitone
August 5, 2004, 06:35 PM
The joker has 30+years of this kind of record.

Nightfall
August 6, 2004, 08:33 AM
Damn, if getting a Garand or '03 through CMP isn't PC enough for Kerry, we are freaking DOOMED if he gets into the White House... :uhoh:

stevelyn
August 6, 2004, 08:48 AM
Oh, but he supports the Second Amendment:rolleyes: and he hunts.:barf:

DonP
August 6, 2004, 11:58 AM
I'm sure that's a mistake or an evil VRWC piece of misinformation.

(sarcasm on)

We have been reminded repeatedly by several of our members that there isn't a "dimes worth of difference" between Kerry and Bush on gun related issues and that Kerry would be much better for the economy, WoT etc..

(sarcasm off)

Kerry, with access to executive orders and aided by what might be a 50/50 Senate would be our worst nightmare as gun owners.

The real fear I have of his winning is the 2 to 4 SC justices he may get to appoint that would affect our rights for the next 20 years or more. That scares the bejeezus out of me.

Waitone
August 6, 2004, 12:35 PM
The real fear I have of his winning is the 2 to 4 SC justices he may get to appoint that would affect our rights for the next 20 years or more. That scares the bejeezus out of me.Please tell the forum what makes you think Bush will appoint justices who feel constrained by the constitution.

--When asked by a reporter if he would sign an unconsitutional bill, Bush responded, "How would I know if it is unconsitutional?"

--Bush willingly signed the campaign finance control bill after admitting that it was probably constitutional.

--What do we know of his first term nominations (who were blocked by Leahy et al) other than he approved of them.

--Bush egged on congress in approving the largest single piece of pork in his term in the medicare drug benefit. No constitutional support yet he personally made it worse.

--Bush in December 2003 proposed amnest for illegal aliens in an effort to suck up to V. Fox. His words were then used by criminal aliens as justification for jumping the border. He then proposes a jobs program run by the federales which will guarantee destruction of the low end labor market in the US.

--Bush has now annnounced support of for a scheme to check all Americans for mental illness. A sop to trial attorneys and the drug companies.

--He is conducting a war on Islamofascist terrormongers overseas yet he refused to do even the most elemental measures to control the infiltration of terrorists into the US through Mexico.

--He has consistently refused to do anything to hinder the immigration of criminal aliens into the US hoping to gain the favor of hispanic voters. The joker is clearly sacrificing domestic safety for political gain. How's that for principal?

--Bush has repeatedly refused to enforce provisions of various trade agreements which will somewhat level the playing field for American companies. Never has he expressed any doubts about trade agreements that limit US sovereignty.

And I could continue but you get my point. Bush is no conservative and quite frankly I see no difference between his world vision and that of Kerry or Gore. What makes you think he will have a fit of conservative conscious and appoint justices who respect and feel constrained by the constitution?

DonP
August 6, 2004, 01:51 PM
I'm not nuts about all the pork the GOP is handing out or the incredibly flawed Campaign Finance reform, that I really believe will be eventually overturnd like the Volstead act.

In the meantime, as a gun owner, consider the other folks that think Kerry is a better choice in this election.

(Sorry, I am not a believer in casting a 3rd party vote to "send a message". Principles and theory, by people that never seem to get into any office, don't make or enforce the laws I have to put up with.)

Here's a note from one of our friends at the DU that feels pretty good about Kerry and his stance on guns. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried, this is a verbatim cut and paste. Know your real enemy and as a gun owner it ain't GWB.

"Thank G-D Kerry has voted anti-gun throughout his entire time in the Senate.

From his votes and the stances that he was taken throughout the years, I feel very confident that Kerry will take steps to severely curtail gun ownership in this country. AND IT IS ABOUT TIME.

I know that this issue is controversial, and to win over the swing states, he has to stay away from this issue while he campaigns--but I am eager for him to be inaugurated so that he can take the guns out of the hands of people who should not have them.

I believe that NO one should own a gun EVER."

If you think Kerry is going to be a better choice than Bush for gun owners, or that he won't be nominating far left liberal judges, by all means go for him.

I think this "California Teacher" is being open and honest about what the liberals believe in their hearts and what they will do as soon as they can stop the "gun neutral" masquerade they have had.

USMC_2674
August 6, 2004, 04:46 PM
Just wait...

Once his second term begins, you'll see the borders close.... you'll see his support for the 2nd...

I know the above. He truly is on "our" side.

Semper Fidelis

If you enjoyed reading about "Kerry Voted In 1996 To Kill CMP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!