Decided on a CZ75B-Good or Bad Decision?

PDA

Tecolote
August 6, 2004, 05:58 PM
I decided that I'm going to get a NIB CZ75B.:) But before I put down my hard earned limited funds I want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Anyone care to share their CZ75B experiences? Pics, range reports, all are appreciated. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Decided on a CZ75B-Good or Bad Decision?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RWK
August 6, 2004, 06:34 PM
Great choice. Check THR and TFL archives for MANY threads that will extol the CZ 75B: reliable, durable, accurate, high-quality fit and finish, all steel, the CZ &5B is simply one of the very best autoloaders regardless of price. IMHO, it is a superb 9x19 and an outstanding value.

BevrFevr
August 6, 2004, 06:46 PM
I'm still in shock that you want one. The gun is not perfect so don't expect it. it is a great gun for the money. One of the best.

-bevr

CZ52GUY
August 6, 2004, 07:15 PM
My alpha autoloader. I have a safe full including Browning, Ruger, Sig's, Glocks, Mak's, a 1911, none I like better than the CZ-75B.

A pic' taken immediately after a range session.

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/19164CZ-75B-med.JPG

Enjoy,

CZ52'

Atticus
August 6, 2004, 07:31 PM
I just bought one off of a fellow THR member....and I really like it. Shot it yesterday for the first time and was very impressed (with the performance of the pistol anyway LOL). The trigger and springs were worked over before I bought it, and both SA and DA are excellent. I hope you have big hands or long fingers (and thumb) though...the DA trigger and the safety are quite a reach. I love High Powers, and have owned several, but they are a tad too small for my hand. This one is just right. Definately a keeper!
I am curious to know if anyone makes an extended safety for them.

dairycreek
August 6, 2004, 07:43 PM
Put several hundreds of ammo through if much of really cheap stuff. To date absolutely no problems at all. No FTF, FTE, jamming or anything. Can't be beat. Lay down your cash and prepare to enjoy. Good shooting;)

mons meg
August 6, 2004, 07:52 PM
A bone-stock NIB CZ-75B was my first pistol. Loved it! After about 1K rounds, the trigger is really smooth. Durable, bullet goes where you point the barrel. Normal cap mags are still easy to find with ot without an AWB sunset.

Tecolote
August 6, 2004, 08:31 PM
I called my local shop and they told me that they get a NIB CZ75B for $400 + tax. It's about the same as ordering from an online place, paying shipping and the transfer fee. Unless I read negative comments I'm going to take the leap to CZ Land!:what:

Marcus
August 6, 2004, 09:00 PM
Go for it man! My CZ-75B is still my favorite handgun bar none. It`s rock solid reliable and I shoot it better than anything but my target .22. :) Marcus

Black Snowman
August 6, 2004, 09:11 PM
My only gripe on my CZs are the gritty triggers which I fixed with some heavy research, an oilstone, and a lot of patience. No my CZ 75B has a trigger as good as most SA only guns and better than many. Reset is a little long on the trigger. But the reason I can nitpick on these things are that every other aspect of the gun is so superb. I think there is no better bang for the buck in an auto-loading pistol or bolt rifle than a CZ.

andrew1957
August 6, 2004, 10:43 PM
I love my 75...at about 5000 rounds my slide stop broke. CZ sent me a new free of charge. Don't use cheap off market magazines and the CZ75 will be 100 percent reliable.
Mine likes 124 grain bullets better than the 115's..,,Andrew

wingman
August 6, 2004, 10:48 PM
slide stop broke

Just curious do you use the slide stop as a release.??

Love my 75B, accurate, no malfunctions.:D

armoredman
August 6, 2004, 11:02 PM
CZs rule - I will be picking one up tomorrow.....:D :cool:

George Hill
August 7, 2004, 12:07 AM
Good choices there.

Craig M. Arnold
August 7, 2004, 12:17 AM
Over the years I have had many, many 9MM pistols, including S&W, Browning, Beretta, Taurus, Glock, etc. I never liked any of them because I could not shoot any of them worth a darn, except for the Browning. I ended up selling all of my 9MM pistols and was just about to give up on 9MMs when I purchased a CZ75B. It turned out to be the best 9MM pistol that I ever owned. It fits my hand perfectly, is 100% reliable and I shoot it extremely well. That started my CZ collection. Today I have 17 CZ pistols and my son has 10. Here is a picture of my CZs. BTW, there are only 16 pistols in the picture. I purchased a 75B Compact after I took the picture.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/208163.jpg

cz75bdneos22
August 7, 2004, 12:23 AM
i've had mine goin on two years. i have never had any type of malfunctions and it is very easy to dissasemble. it takes evrything i feed it, but i prefer cci blazer that i get cheap at academy's..it has been an inexpensive, reliable and a hoot to play with. it's not my favorite though..that award goes to the CZ40B.

Tecolote
August 7, 2004, 12:53 AM
That's an amazing collection!:what:

Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep the board posted on my leap into CZ Land.:D

chevrofreak
August 7, 2004, 04:15 AM
Craig, what are the top two with the full length frame?

Hal
August 7, 2004, 05:16 AM
I have one in 9mm sitting right beside me as I type....
(Along with a Microtech SOCOM. - just in case the "wimpy" 9mm doesn't do the job ;))

For someone like me that really doesn't like or trust anything under a .429 in. bore, that's a ringing endorsement.

Black Majik
August 7, 2004, 05:45 AM
Chevrofreak,

I believe that's a CZ97 (.45 acp)

Frenchy
August 7, 2004, 09:07 AM
The single action version of the 75B is my next purchase! ;)

GigaBuist
August 7, 2004, 09:31 AM
The CZ-75B was my first firearm ever -- well I got a Glock 21 the next day. Gun Nut right from the get-go I guess. :D

Yep, love the CZ's. If they fit your hand go for it. No, the triggers aren't the best thing in the world, but it's better than most. Considering the price they're a steal.

I got a RAMI a couple of weeks ago too. Great firearms, great prices.

Craig M. Arnold
August 7, 2004, 10:07 AM
Chevrofreak;

Richard is correct; the two pistols in the top row with full-length frames are 97Bs (45acp). The one on the left has the CZ factory checkered wood grips that I smoothed, stained and refinished. The 97B on the right side has Hogue rubber grips stretched on it. Here’s a bigger picture of the 97Bs. I had three, but sold one. My son has a 97B also, however it is not in the picture.

Best regards,

Craig

http://www.hunt101.com/img/165532.jpg

chevrofreak
August 7, 2004, 11:57 AM
I dont know what the heck is wrong with me, I totally forgot that the 97 existed :o

Frenchy
August 7, 2004, 12:04 PM
I've never handled a 97! can someone give me an approximate comparison when it come to grip size and trigger length...G-21 perhaps.

valor1
August 7, 2004, 12:09 PM
Guys, now you know who to go to if your local gunstore ran out of CZs. Hail you Craig! Hail you Craig!:)

Litlman
August 7, 2004, 12:46 PM
Craig , nice collection!!! I have a 75-BD and an 85-C in the two tone. I am going to keep my eye out for a 75 compact for my next purchase. Can't go wrong with a CZ!!! Enjoy them guys...

Tecolote
August 7, 2004, 01:24 PM
Just when I thought I had my mind made up I started reading about the CZ85B and CZ85 Combat. I like the ambi safety and slide release. The CZ85 Combat comes with a lot of other features but I don't like the new style adjustable sights. I wish CZ would've stayed with the original rear sight (see attached pic). Now I gotta decide between a CZ75 or a CZ85.:confused:

natedog
August 7, 2004, 02:20 PM
If you like DA/SA, and you're looking for a double stack, all steel 9mm, I can't think of a better candidate than the CZ-75. A big plus- it can be carried cocked and locked :) .

powertoast
August 7, 2004, 04:28 PM
<I've never handled a 97! can someone give me an approximate comparison when it come to grip size and trigger length...G-21 perhaps.>

I'd like to know this as well.

best regards

If you enjoyed reading about "Decided on a CZ75B-Good or Bad Decision?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!