Political poster wannabee thread

PDA

MeekandMild
August 7, 2004, 04:56 PM
I thought it might be nice to start a political poster wannabee thread. Maybe we can inspire some of our local artists to produce something wonderful.

The poster I most want to see is a photo of a big black Lincoln parked in the shade with one of those magnetic signs on the side saying Democratic Voter Registration Drive. There would be a card table set up with balloons, crepe paper, some gun control slogens and two big smiling sweaty white men in white shirts with suspenders and Kerry buttons. All of this would be amongst the headstones in a quiet country graveyard.

I'm not sure what the caption would read. Perhaps something like 'Democratic Voters are Quiet But Loyal' or 'Busy Day Registering New Voters'.

If you enjoyed reading about "Political poster wannabee thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim March
August 7, 2004, 06:51 PM
"They're dead - but are they grateful?"

"Elvis still votes Democrat!"

:D

Standing Wolf
August 7, 2004, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure what the caption would read.

Leave the caption out. The picture you've described tells the whole story. Gilding the lily is never an improvement.

El Tejon
August 8, 2004, 12:07 AM
Still think Bob Dole had the best line about the '94 elections, "even dead people in Chicago were voting Republican" or something like that.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Political poster wannabee thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!