da/sa carry pistols

PDA

HATTON_007
August 7, 2004, 06:11 PM
I was wondering for those who carry a da/sa pistols(work or ccw) do you ever carry it in sa? guns like sigs, hk and walther

If you enjoyed reading about "da/sa carry pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fastbolt
August 7, 2004, 06:59 PM
I carry a SW99 .40, and I carry it decocked, so the initial shot will be DA.

sendec
August 7, 2004, 07:09 PM
The only DA/SA pistols that I am aware of that can be safely carried SA are some CZs, some older Tauruses and certain USP variants. No SIG, Walther or conventional H&K, nor other traditional DA semi can be safely carried cocked, per modern training doctrine.

I'm sure I misunderstood the question, and for the record carry a C&L SA or Glock.

HATTON_007
August 7, 2004, 07:14 PM
not to start a fight but that was what I was getting at, I have a p99 and I was wondering what mode other people carry it in? I am trying to decide how to carry it and what in iwb or a high riding owb?

Moparmike
August 7, 2004, 09:22 PM
My Witness 10mm is a DA/SA and I have always used it as an SA pistol, and will carry it as such. It also has an external saftey lever.

geekWithA.45
August 7, 2004, 09:42 PM
(Most) Modern Sig designs don't have external safeties, and shouldn't be carried cocked.

If you enjoyed reading about "da/sa carry pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!