Jackass harness for Galco Miami Classic?

PDA

Monkeyleg
February 17, 2003, 06:49 PM
Does anyone have any experience using the Jackass harness, with its wider straps at the shoulders, with the Miami Classic? I just purchased a MC from a fellow THR'er, and the thin straps really dig into my shoulders. Are the Jackass straps that much wider at the top of the shoulders, and do they disperse the weight better? Is there a better alternative?

Previously I've used shoulder rigs with smaller revolvers, but this is with a 4" 1911 and two mags. Just a bit more weight to deal with.

Thanks for any replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Jackass harness for Galco Miami Classic?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hondo68
February 17, 2003, 07:21 PM
I've got a jackass rig and it's very comfortable. The holster itself is different than the MC in that the rear mounting point is lower resulting in more of a downward angle. I don't see any reason that the jackass straps wouldn't work just fine with the MC top mount style holster. The JA straps are soft suede. I once forgot I had the thing on, and jumped on my dirt bike and went blazing across the desert. I was amazed at how well it worked and how comfortable it was.
http://www.usgalco.com/Catalog/normal/JAH.jpgJACKASS HOLSTER COMPONENT
http://www.usgalco.com/Catalog/normal/JRH.jpgJACKASS HARNESS FOR SHOULDER SYSTEM

Carlos
February 19, 2003, 04:14 PM
I found the Jackass rig and straps to be very comfortable. If you know anybody who wants to buy a Jackass Rig for the Glock M27 with double mag pouch, please send them to the For Sale area. I'm trying to sell mine and the only reason is that I just didn't like the Glock.

ed from pa
February 27, 2003, 09:03 PM
I have a Miami Classic, Galco holster with the wide shoulder, The wide shoulder straps make a big difference for comfort. They do not dig into your shoulder at all. It is a very comfortable setup, in fact for me i sometimes forget i even have it on. A very good investment when it comes to shoulder holsters.

ed from pa

If you enjoyed reading about "Jackass harness for Galco Miami Classic?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!