Reduced hammer springs for the Sig Sauer 226

PDA

tavo94
August 7, 2004, 10:31 PM
Hi, guys:

I am thinking in changing the standard hammer spring of my 226 for a reduced spring from wolff probably 17 pounds. Any of you have tried this before or have any suggestions?.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reduced hammer springs for the Sig Sauer 226" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PO2Hammer
August 7, 2004, 11:19 PM
I've been considering the same thing.
from what I've read over a Sig Talk, 18 or 19 pounds is as low as you should go. The single action will get too light to the point of being dangerous. One poster had an accidental discharge with the 17 pound spring in single action.
I think I'm going to order their variety pack, 17,18 and 19 pounds.
Of course you always run the risk of light primer strikes, especially with Winchester primers or very cold weather.
The more I practice with mine stock, the lighter it feels. I'm doing IDPA practice (strong and weak hand only) and getting pretty darn good at the one hand double action pull.
Be sure you know which type of spring set you need, the older metal spring base or the newer plastic spring base.
Give your stock pistol some time, they smooth out nicely and get lighter with use and dry firing.
Love that P226!

Leadbutt
August 8, 2004, 01:33 AM
T, don't do it, shoot the be-jesus out of it and let it smooth up, if the trigger is a problem try having your friendly smith/armour switch it out to the short trigger if it didn't come that way,, most of the SIG's in my department didn't realy smooth out till around the 1000 round mark. ANd if you do swap the springs don't go below 19lbs

If you enjoyed reading about "Reduced hammer springs for the Sig Sauer 226" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!