Double Stack, Single-Action 9MM's of Today?

PDA

Drakejake
August 8, 2004, 04:46 PM
I know there is the Browning Hi-Power. The Para 18-9 might be considered if we can buy hi-cap mags soon. Any others?

To put it another way: What is the most accurate hi-cap 9MM being made today?

Thanks,

Drakejake

If you enjoyed reading about "Double Stack, Single-Action 9MM's of Today?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shmackey
August 8, 2004, 05:32 PM
What is the most accurate hi-cap 9MM being made today?

Stock, probably one of those HK Expert/Tactical/Something USPs.

You should be able to get STI or someone similar to build you a double-stack 9mm 1911-style gun that'd beat it handily, but that's not an off-the-shelf proposition.

railroader
August 8, 2004, 06:44 PM
CZ75B can be carried cocked and locked or there is the single action only version also. My 75b is really accurate. Mark Mark

natedog
August 8, 2004, 07:42 PM
Springfield XD is single action.

Johnny Guest
August 8, 2004, 08:16 PM
Well, can you count the Glock-types? Neither fish nor fowl, but pretty effective. I just can't consider them a single action, even if they're not REALLY a DA. Would you count the pistols such as the CZ75 and certain Taurii which have the cocked-and-locked option?

There used to be a thing called the MAB P15, or maybe it was the PA15. Out of print for a lot of years, though. And the SiG 47/8 was offered in a double stack version, but it was scarce, even when they were in production.

Double column, single action? I believe when you've said Browning HIgh Power, you've pretty well sad all that NEEDS be said on that particular topic. ;)

Best,
Johnny

Zak Smith
August 8, 2004, 11:55 PM
Depends, as always, on how you define "best." Highest build quality and quality of design?

It's going to be hard to be SV or STI. But we're also talking about a $2000 gun.

http://apollo.demigod.org/~zak/DigiCam/SV-1FASTER/small/126_2615_img.jpg

The pictured pistol is in .40SW, but they build them in whatever you want. I load the cartridges "long" and the mags hold 20.. obviously in a 9mm caliber they'll hold more.

For the more conventional types: BHP. The CZ is an excellent value for the $400 price tag.

-z

If you enjoyed reading about "Double Stack, Single-Action 9MM's of Today?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!