Source for 15 rd. CZ-75 magazines?

PDA

Joe Demko
August 9, 2004, 05:10 PM
A friend gave me a new CZ-75 as a gift a while back, but he kept both 15 round magazines that had been packed with it and gave me a single 10 rounder. Still, it was free. Anybody know where I can get good magazines for it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Source for 15 rd. CZ-75 magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mossyrock
August 9, 2004, 05:24 PM
Send a Private Message to "Stokes" on this board. He has piles of them for sale, but don't tell him I snet you because he would probably charge you more.

shep854
August 9, 2004, 06:46 PM
Hey, Mossyrock, I emailed you, but I'll give you a public THANKS! I got the gun and mags, and really like it, though I haven't shot it yet.

Regarding mags; be careful. I have 4 aftermarket mags that locked into and fed a P9C perfectly, considering they are full-cap, but WILL NOT go into my new (Mossyrock's old) CZ75.

CZ52GUY
August 9, 2004, 07:36 PM
Hi,

The older model CZ75's had a more narrow mag' well and only factory full-caps generally fit.

Do some reading here...good info' on mag' compatibility.

http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm25.showMessage?topicID=113.topic

I've found that the 15-rd mag's offered by www.cheaperthandirt.com work quite well on the newer models and make great practice mag's. For more serious work, you might check out some auctions at a place like www.gunbroker.com for factory mag's.

My understanding is that CZ-USA intends to offer them sometime after 9/13/04 assuming AWB sunsets...I'd also expect to see places like www.cdnninvestments.com (who are offering "demo condition" factory mag's now) carry them also.

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

shep854
August 9, 2004, 07:59 PM
Oh, blast. Another gun forum to keep up with;).

That page was very enlightening. I'm still very pleased to get an 'A'-type 75. I'll just have to baby these mags, and hope I can come across some more CZ 'A' mags down the road.

Mossyrock
August 10, 2004, 12:45 PM
BTW Shep...forgot to mention that those mags have brand new +5% Wolfe springs in them...so they are good for another couple thousand rounds! :D :D

shep854
August 10, 2004, 10:38 PM
SWEET! I plan on taking good care of them.

Shmackey
August 10, 2004, 10:45 PM
Not from Reddogxx at Gunbroker.

Mossyrock
August 11, 2004, 12:16 PM
Not from Reddogxx at Gunbroker

Now THERE'S the understatement of the day........

Walt Sherrill
August 11, 2004, 12:37 PM
Shep:

You don't have to find special "A" type mags for a pre-B CZ-75. Factory CZ mags work fine. Its the after-market mags that generally fit the "B" models, that don't work in the pre-Bs. You can often find factory 10-round mags for around $15 - $20, used -- as owners upgrade to 15-rounders. And 15-round factory mags work fine in the older guns.

I've had several examples of both types of CZ (and have a bunch still). (And, I was one of the many contributors to FEG's magazine database on the CZ forum.)

Put simply, if its not a true factory mag, you're likely to have problems in a pre-B gun.

MrAcheson
August 11, 2004, 02:08 PM
Just wait a month then buy them anywhere.

rbernie
August 11, 2004, 02:50 PM
Not from Reddogxx at Gunbroker. Amen - I'm out $85 dollars at present on a deal that I started with him (via an auction) in APRIL.

Wotta crock of dookie.

If you enjoyed reading about "Source for 15 rd. CZ-75 magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!