FN IOM 5.7 pistol

PDA

Min
August 9, 2004, 08:23 PM
Low prices for new now is around $700. Big drop from what it used to be - $1200 some months ago?

I'd love to have that pistol. I think I'll wait and see if prices drop any further. Anyone else want one?

If you enjoyed reading about "FN IOM 5.7 pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Smurfslayer
August 12, 2004, 05:35 PM
but, realistically, what purpose does this gun serve?
<legit. question, I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants>

It will be more intriguing after 9/13/04

Min
August 12, 2004, 05:42 PM
HIGH velocity, flat shooting, very low if any recoil, and after 9/13 - hicap mags

farscott
August 12, 2004, 08:35 PM
I am planning on getting one; in fact, one is at my local dealer waiting for me. It came from Davidson's when they had them on sale. I am also thinking about a Contender carbine barrel in the 5.7X28 caliber as a varmint round. I just hope FN offers the twenty-round magazines to the general public after September 13, 2004.

I figure the FN IOM will be a short-lived animal; either a lack of sales will kill it or it will be legislated out of existence due to the original ammo being AP. I think it is an interesting development, but I am not going to stop carrying a 1911 in place of the IOM. I am a sucker for niche rounds, and this will be another one for me.

BTW, has anyone seen the Winchester HP ammo?

Al Thompson
August 12, 2004, 08:39 PM
The FN JHP is here at a local cop shop along the pistols.

If you enjoyed reading about "FN IOM 5.7 pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!