S&W Sigma

PDA

Pergarma
August 10, 2004, 04:00 PM
Recently bought a Sigma series (enhanced). Like it so far but one question? What kind of rail is on this thing? I want to put a laser or light on the equipment rail but I've only been able to find the M4 Tac-Light from Streamlight. Are there no other options? Why would any manufacturer use such a unique rail size?

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Sigma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boofus
August 10, 2004, 04:04 PM
Patent issues? I dunno, H&K and Walther did the same thing for a while but their latest handguns have weaver type rails. Guess they figured out people don't like buying accessories that only fit on 1 gun.

denfoote
August 10, 2004, 05:33 PM
Perhaps S&W was planning on coming out with their own line of accessories!!!

Just checked.
Yup!!
I was right!!!

http://www.store.smith-wesson.com/store/index.php3?cat=293444&item=872521&sw_activeTab=9

whm1974
August 10, 2004, 05:38 PM
Why would any manufacturer use such a unique rail size?

So you have to buy overpriced accessories from them.

-Bill

Clean97GTI
August 11, 2004, 03:51 PM
My FN Forty-Nine uses the same rail as the Sigma's.

Kinda sucks when you want a light for it.

mrapathy2000
August 11, 2004, 04:41 PM
may want to look into Steyr M series rail adapter. doubt it would work on Sigma due to rail slot being long as it is. might be worth a try to contact the company that manufactured the Steyr adapter ask for Sigma adapter.

www.impulsegunbarrels.com dont list it on website but contact info if you really want an adapter. besides them try GG&Gaz look for other accessory manufactures
www.usasteyr.com/pistolaccessories.htm

otherwise your stuck with proprietary accessories.

Pergarma
August 11, 2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the help.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Sigma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!