Pittsburgh Airport - Packing in Baggage?

PDA

SMMAssociates
August 10, 2004, 09:58 PM
(Sorry if this is the wrong area, etc...., and Packing.org is down....)

Gotta go to PIT later this week to pick up a family member.

I have to go into the baggage claim carousels.

OH and PA CHL's.

I don't remember seeing any signs last time I was there for those areas.

(There are plenty of signs and such for the "sterile" areas - no need to go there. I'd just prefer to not leave the hardware in the car.)

Anybody know?

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "Pittsburgh Airport - Packing in Baggage?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vitamin G
August 10, 2004, 10:43 PM
I had problems coming INTO pittsburgh with paintball equipment, but no problems departing. Pittsburgh seemed to have a pretty good idea of what was acceptable, at least ATA did. Chicago and Denver ATA check-ins were both idiots though...

I'm thinking since you have to check it in, its going to depend on your airline

SMMAssociates
August 10, 2004, 10:52 PM
Vitamin G:

Thanks for the quick reply, but...

I'm just picking up an inbound passenger....

No need to check in the weapon, and all that, but I do have to come into the baggage area of the terminal.

41 Redhawk
August 11, 2004, 12:59 PM
Packing.org does not indicate that carry is illegal in airports. I do not remember if PIA's baggage claim in inside of security but I doubt it that it is. I do not remember seeing any no weapons signs in the non secure areas. I have carried in the airport myself but it was a while ago.

SMMAssociates
August 11, 2004, 08:15 PM
today....

The signs are all but invisible, and say "no weapons on airport property", which probably isn't valid unless you just think "buildings".

I used to carry in the non-sterile areas before 09/11 without thinking about it, and probably could still do so with little risk, but I was looking for an "opinion" [grin].

IMHO, no metal detectors, no problem, but I'm sure that they wouldn't agree if pressed....

OTOH, since I do have the PA CHL....

Stopped at the local Post Office (back in OH) just now. They've got a sign up now. Wasn't there (AFAIK - I didn't notice it) two weeks ago when I was in there last. There are all kinds of views on the Post Office, but I think they shouldn't be off limits even with a sign. 'Nother thread....

Thanks to all!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pittsburgh Airport - Packing in Baggage?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!