HK P7M13 after AWB?

PDA

mattx109
August 11, 2004, 08:11 AM
I've been considering the P7 for a long time, but the price and lack of M13 availability always kept me away. With the last breath of the AWB coming up, I'm most likely going to sell my old preban SIG P226 to offset the cost and finally pick one up...

...if the P7M13 will again be available.

Unless, of course, the P7M8 will accept post-AWB-legal 13 round magazines (and that HK will be producing them for civilian/non-LEO consumption).

Would anyone care to clarify this for me?

If you enjoyed reading about "HK P7M13 after AWB?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Extremist
August 11, 2004, 08:53 AM
First answer: NO, there are no 13 round magazines for the P7M8, it is a single stack pistol. Only 8 rounds.

Second, the P7M13 is still being manufactured (AD Date code pistols are available now). Thye are just sold only to HK LE Dealers. If you are LEO, you get the 13 round mags. If you are not, you can still buy the gun - without mags. Then you go buy pre '94 ban mags.

On Sept 14th at midnite, that all goes away. You can buy a new P7M13 - don't matter what's written on the mags :) I expect that you will see regular HK dealers stocking them.

Check out GunBroker/GunsAmerica and Sturmgewehr sites regularly. You can almost always find one for sale. Current going rate for a NIB model runs from $1375 - $1575.

Regards,
James

mattx109
August 11, 2004, 03:25 PM
A local shop has had factory refurbs of the M8 for around $800 in excellent condition.

Maybe some M13 police turn ins after the ban?

If you enjoyed reading about "HK P7M13 after AWB?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!