hi-power magazines

PDA

Ukraine Train
August 13, 2004, 01:05 PM
In general, are BHP's picky when it comes to the brand of magazine? I have an Arcus 98 on the way and want to get some 13rd mags for it. Looking at CDNN's site there are a few choices of brands... USA magazines, Argentine mil., Asian mil., etc. How do you choose?

If you enjoyed reading about "hi-power magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ukraine Train
August 13, 2004, 01:37 PM
Amazing what a little research can uncover lol... http://www.ont.com/users/kolya/bhpmagfaq.htm

Exactly what I was looking for.

Marshall
August 13, 2004, 09:43 PM
Nice site, everything you wanted to know about FN/Browning Mags.

Ukraine Train
August 18, 2004, 07:12 AM
Any recommendations for where to buy the mags? I see Numrich has them, who else?

CZ52GUY
August 18, 2004, 02:13 PM
Have you considered the KRD's?

I find that they work terrific in my Arcus 98DAC.

Good luck,

CZ52'

BryanP
August 19, 2004, 05:06 PM
Thank you for posting that link. I will shortly have my first Hi-Power (an FEG model, a bit rough looking) and will definitely want some extra mags to go with it.

MrAcheson
August 19, 2004, 06:48 PM
You can get KRD 15 and 17 rounders from cdnn. I have a 15 rounder and it works great in my 9mm.

BlackJack
August 19, 2004, 10:29 PM
Another vote for KRDs. I use 17rd-ers in my BHP Mk-III with no problems. Nice to be able to carry 35 rounds in two mags and the chamber.

CZ52GUY
August 20, 2004, 10:38 AM
http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/370958

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

Barry in IN
August 20, 2004, 09:38 PM
If there ever were a case of YMMV, this is it, but....
I've tried no-name, junk magazines in two or three of my HiPowers, and they worked fine. That's the only type of gun I've had that happen with.
I've tried some that have sharp and/or rough edges, "crunchy" follower operation, etc, and they did OK. Some were so out-of-spec that they would barely go into the magwell, they were so oversized. They worked.
They may need a good firm pull to get them out of the gun, but they work.

I've even tried some in my one and only .40 BHP, and they worked.

I won't load them up and carry the gun loaded with them, but they are fine for practice. I don't mind dropping them in the dirt and rocks, then walking on them.

sara bellum
June 1, 2007, 04:48 AM
Barry, you're not kidding when you say oversized. I have to cram my KRD 17 round mags into the mag well and rip them out. That's out of spec! I shoulda went to dental school to learn how to properly yank teeth.

G95
June 1, 2007, 08:38 AM
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hi9mm13blmag.html these are (in my opinion)the best BHP mags you can get and they only cost $19

Dr.Rob
June 2, 2007, 03:14 AM
Those KRD's never worked well for me.

Where as my Ramline flush fit 15 rd has been flawless.

My FEG shipped with 2 parkerized milspec 13 rd mags, but I've run triple K Mec-Gar, Mil-Surplus, and 'found in a rusty can' mags through it with no problems.

Midway had some really cheap mags... National Magazine Co that were enameled rather than blued and they are sticky as hell... wouldn't recommend them.

But mostly, any mil spec blued or parkerized 13 round mag has worked.

aaronrkelly
June 2, 2007, 12:07 PM
I only stick MecGars in my BHP......nothing else. They may cost a few more bucks a piece but MecGar is the OEM manufacturer for Browning HP magazines. Your essentially buying a factory mag when buying a MecGar.

Trebor
June 5, 2007, 08:19 PM
Friends don't let friends use USA brand mags.

If you enjoyed reading about "hi-power magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!