Just bought a new (used) Colt Pony Pocketlite!

PDA

jamz
August 13, 2004, 01:38 PM
I stopped by Four Seasons earlier today just to take a peek at some guns, and they had, in the pre-owned cabinet some tempting little dealies. One was a Walther PPK post-war, pre 1960, which was a beauty, and felt sooo good in my hand. Next was a Colt Pony Pocketlite, barely used, with two custom holsters- an IWB and a pocket holster.

I left the store after fondling them for a while, came back to work, did some research on both models, and went right back and got the Colt! I've wanted a pocket pistol for a while, but could never justify the $600 for the Seecamp .32.

I'ts so great to get this model, because here in MA they require all new guns to have 289072834123784 safety features that this one doesn't. :D

I am so excited! Range report to follow next week. :)

-James

If you enjoyed reading about "Just bought a new (used) Colt Pony Pocketlite!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MICHAEL T
August 14, 2004, 01:07 AM
Shoot and enjoy all the little Colts are great pocket pistols. Call Colt for a owner manual When I got my Mustang the shipped me one right a way.I keep my loaded with the Rem 102GS.

Majic
August 14, 2004, 01:36 AM
I have hunted high and low for a Pony Pocketlite. They were probably the least produced model of all the Colt pocket pistols. They were only made a year or two. I got a chance to shoot one a few years ago and it was a blast. I'm sure you will like yours.
Congrats a nice find.

greg531mi
August 14, 2004, 09:53 PM
I got mine a couple of years back, and it is my favorite carry gun, sits in my front pocket almost all the time. Check and see if you recoil rod is Plastic, if it is I think McDuggel has metal ones, if he didn't run out of them...I saw one in Wisconsin, a couple of weeks ago, like new for $400...I would have bought it, but it is out of state, and shipping cost and FFL fees, I passed on it. They are out there, just have to keep looking....

MR.G
August 14, 2004, 10:00 PM
Had one for a while. Nice gun, except for the finish on the frame that scratched off easily.

Marshall
August 14, 2004, 10:11 PM
Congrats on your new Pocketlite! I love to see how exited folks get over new and used guns!! I just doesn't get any better! :D

jamz
August 16, 2004, 01:01 PM
Well, I only had time to run 50 rounds through it this morning, but here are my impressions:

t3h good:
Minimal recoil. I was expecting quite a bit of recoil from this little thing, but muzzle rise was not more than an inch or so, and I am no strongman. Very easy to place rapid followup shots.

No FTF, FTE so far. Only 50 shots, but two or three magazine's worth were as fast as I could pull the trigger. All ball ammo so far.

t3h bad:

Physical Malfunction. The pin that the trigger pivots on seemed stuck out a tiny bit on one side before I started shooting, and after 35 rounds or so, it came halfway out. I had read about this phenomenon. I pounded it back in, and it didn't move for the remainder of the session.

So-so accuracy with me shooting: the long hard DAO trigger pull really drives home that my trigger control really needs work. Oh well, I can only get better.

Overall: Thumbs up, especially considering that it pretty much is unnoticeable in my front pocket in a pocket holster. :)

Greg: Mine does indeed have the plastic guide rod- I've done quite a bit of research over the weekend, it seems that due to illness, the guys who used to masterfully tweak these little guns is out of business. I bet the parts are long gone. :(

-James

If you enjoyed reading about "Just bought a new (used) Colt Pony Pocketlite!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!