How much did your Hakan's Run ?

PDA

bfox
August 13, 2004, 11:07 PM
I just got a CZ-75b in satin nickle .
Would like to get a set of Hakan"s for it .
What kind of money am I looking at ?
Which style do you prefer for the Sn ?

Thanks Bill

If you enjoyed reading about "How much did your Hakan's Run ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
denfoote
August 13, 2004, 11:43 PM
$80 US.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/denfoote/My_Grips.jpg

Installed on the springfield Loaded.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/denfoote/Springer.jpg

Craig M. Arnold
August 14, 2004, 12:26 AM
I have several Hakan grips on my CZ pistols. Including the very first set of dragon grips that Hankan made, which are on one of my 85 Combats. I also have the very first set of grips that Hakan made for a RAMI (serial number 001). They are Cocobolo.

I think that you will need to contact Hakan for prices because the cost is a little different depending on the wood that you choose. I personally like Cocobolo a lot. In addition to the set on one of my RAMIs, I also have a set on one of my P01s. However, I never saw a set of Hakan grips that I did not think were great. No matter what wood you choose, you will get a wonderful set of grips from Hakan. His work is outstanding.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/208160.jpg

Gunsnrovers
August 14, 2004, 09:09 AM
Prices vary based on wood, style, and finish. Drop him a note and he'll get back to you promptly.

I have a set on my CZ and a set on order for my 1911.

browneu
August 15, 2004, 12:54 PM
I too have several pairs of Hakan's and even purchased a set from my father in law. The prices varied on all of them but not the quality. He is a gentleman to deal with and in the end you'll have a very nice set of grips. I have never felt that I paid to much for my grips when talking about the amount of customizing that he will do for them.

denfoote,

Love the grips. Is that birdseye Amboina?

dairycreek
August 16, 2004, 12:02 AM
go to his net site, make a choice and email him. He will get right back to you with the cost of your choice of grips plus the cost of shipping. As others have already said you will find Hakan extremly cordial and quick to respond to your questions. Good shooting;)

cratz2
August 16, 2004, 02:01 AM
Man, Craig Arnold... I'm officially jealous. :what:

ryoushi
August 16, 2004, 02:13 AM
How long did you have to wait to get your grips after you ordered them? His website says he has a waiting list.

denfoote
August 16, 2004, 03:29 AM
denfoote,

Love the grips. Is that birdseye Amboina?

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!! :D

How long did you have to wait to get your grips after you ordered them? His website says he has a waiting list.

Hakan has a day Job!!!
Oddly enough, I think this is his hobby!!!!
Sven could indeed shed some light on this!!

WJR
August 16, 2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah, what cratz2 said. I just ordered a set from Mr. Pek for my P01. He quoted $ 85.

WJR

45R
August 16, 2004, 03:31 PM
The wait is well worth it. I have a set for my 1911 and Ruger MKII

http://www.pbase.com/image/30325219.jpg

Craig M. Arnold
August 16, 2004, 04:43 PM
I agree that Hakan grips are well worth the wait. I think it took about 2 1/2 months to get my Cocobolo grips for my P01. However, you have to keep in mind that Hakan does have a full time job and a family, so his grip making comes after that. IMHO, he has his priorities straight.

Russ
August 16, 2004, 05:57 PM
If it were me and it will be soon, the Flame Ambione is the way to go. Very nice indeed!

I e-mailed Mr. Haken Pek a couple of years ago and at that time this was his day job. Probably still is. Being in a Northern European country it would likely pay to have a day job because they tax you pretty heavily and you get decent benefits and why not avail yourself of them. In the US, he could be a millionaire. I have never heard one bad thing about his products and they are the nicest grips I have ever seen bar none.

Ugly grips are $50. Why not get a true craftsman make them and fork over and extra 30 or 40 bucks.

I have a CZ 85 I want some grips for. As soon as I get another job, I will be in the market.

Calhoun
August 17, 2004, 09:48 AM
Craig M. Arnold,
Beautiful collection. You couldn't spare a P01 could you? Love that nickel 83 too.

Bfox,
Let's see the nickel 75B. Maybe a before shot?

Calhoun

Craig M. Arnold
August 17, 2004, 11:25 AM
Calhoun;

Thank you sir for your comments about my CZs. The picture is actually of my CZ pistols with wood grips. Attached is a picture of my total CZ pistol collection. However, the picture is missing a polycoated 75B Compact that I just bought to keep my satin nickeled 75B Compact company. I like to have two or more copies of each gun that I really like. I have two Ruger 10-22s, four "J" frame Smiths, three 1911s, etc. Therefore, I can't spare a P01. I need them both! However, there are a lot of great people on THR, maybe someone would hook you up with a P01. (grin)

Best regards.

Craig

http://www.hunt101.com/img/208163.jpg

Werewolf
August 17, 2004, 11:36 AM
From all the pics posted here and the obvious quality of work I wanted Hakan grips on my CZ's.

I wanted the dragon grips but instead of the dragon I wanted another engraving done. I imagine the time involved to do a different engraving would have been considerable. Alas - I was correct as Hakan declined to do the work because of the special engraving requested.

I am a fan of his work. If some day he obtains the necessary tools to do custom engraving I will definitely be asking him again to one for me.

Here's hopin'...

If you enjoyed reading about "How much did your Hakan's Run ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!