Guns and Cigars..life is good

PDA

Dad-Gummit
February 18, 2003, 04:43 PM
My "escape from it all" is the gun range. Nothing is more relaxing than blasting away for a hour or so, while enjoying a good cigar. And it seems that more and more members of my range are enjoying the pleasures of both,and I hope I'm the reason why.
My new favorites are: Glock 20(10mm) and the Padron Maduro Churchill for the pistol range. While I'll go with a Torpedo-either Montessino or Partagas at the rifle range.
I havn't came up with a perfect sporting clays combo-I guess I'll need more research time.

Lets break away from the serious stuff for a while-does anyone else enjoy these simple pleasures of life? If so, what are your favorite combos?:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns and Cigars..life is good" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
priv8ter
February 18, 2003, 05:08 PM
Prior to meeting my wife, I used to enjoy shooting, and a fine cigar..but never at the same time.

While she has come to enjoy shooting, and is not bothered by the smell of gunpowder...cigar smoke is a no-no.

Oh well...50% ain't half bad, is it?

Litlman
February 18, 2003, 05:20 PM
I always said that the best type of shop to hang out at would be a combination Gun /knife/cigar shop! Total inner peace. Grab a nice maduro and browse......... Hoyo De'Montery Excaliber #1 or a nice La Unica. A Macanudo would also be fine. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double Maduro
February 18, 2003, 05:30 PM
Padron Aniversary Principe maduro
Padron 2000 maduro
Padron 3000 maduro

Or the one I chose my handle from:

Hoyo de Monterey Rothschild Double Maduro.

Almost chose Oscuro for my handle but thought it to obscuro, lol.

These are only a few that I enjoy, so don't think I am being a snob or dissing anyones favorite cigars, well except maybe Macanudo's.

lol

Which reminds me, I just got a box of 2000 maduro's, cya later.

Gewehr98
February 18, 2003, 05:33 PM
Gave him the option of putting out the cigar, or leaving the range. You would've though I was trampling all over his constitutional rights when I presented the options. Besides the clouds of cigar smoke wafting towards the other shooters, his neighbor was shooting a blackpowder muzzleloader. :rolleyes:

Double Maduro
February 18, 2003, 06:01 PM
Gewehr98,

That was a pretty devilish post, lol

Steve Smith
February 18, 2003, 06:44 PM
No doubt Runt will can this one and probably wonder why I didn't. I can't...I'm a 'gar smoker to the core. Favorites are El Rey del Mundos, Puros Indios, Padrons, A. Fuentes, JR Ults, La Rosa Especials...in that order.

A CAO Cameroon is a nice change evey once in a while, though!

Moondancer
February 18, 2003, 06:53 PM
Favorite combo has to be the Kimber Compact CDP and a Fuente Fuente Opus X - any size, it don't matter.

As far as usual: it's still the Kimber Compact CDP but the cigar changes to an Avo XO Intermezzo or the Cohiba XV figurado / pyramind (I don't know the actual name).

But it's not really a combo, because I don't smoke while I'm shooting. Once I'm home, it's a cigar and a drink, which will be either Bombay Sapphire and tonic (no lime) or Balvenie Port Wood 21-year-old single malt.

blades67
February 18, 2003, 06:58 PM
I don't mind my guns smoking, but I've never seen them smoking a cigar.:neener:

stellarpod
February 18, 2003, 07:40 PM
Padron Aniversario

Macallan's 15 year old single malt

Mmmm.... :)

(after the range time of course)

stellarpod

dinosaur
February 18, 2003, 07:54 PM
Presently Macanudo Prince Philip Cafes although I haven`t had a cigar for awhile. Got a whole sealed box sitting on the coffee table. I don`t smoke like I used to. Don`t drink much anymore either but Jack Black neat with Bud chasers were my choice.:evil:

"If liquor is a crutch, Jack Daniels is the wheelchair."
Robin Williams.:D

StuporDave
February 18, 2003, 08:53 PM
You guys need to learn to smoke tobacco properly - A quality English or Balkan blend in a fine, hand-carved briar pipe. Puts your ceegars to shame! :neener:

Dave

Double Maduro
February 18, 2003, 09:10 PM
Stupor Dave,

The last pipe tobacco I smoked was 50% turkish, 25% latakia and 25% pirique, from your neck of the woods. Tasted great but would clear a room in about 30 seconds.

StuporDave
February 18, 2003, 11:57 PM
Latakia tends to do that, but it sure tastes good. :D

Dave

coonan357
February 19, 2003, 01:58 AM
I prefer the smoke of 2400 , and blue dot but who aM I ?? i like the cheap stogies like dutchmasters so I can afford my other habit . :D

Navy joe
February 19, 2003, 03:07 AM
Recently killed off a La Unica, got a Don Diego waiting, wanting a Hoyo. And me a non-smoker! End up at about four big ones a year. got spoiled being overseas and buying stuff you just can't get here. When I'm feeling wussified a Davidoff is also very nice. Not at the range though, I got a thing against sticking stuff in my mouth where lead is present everywhere.

Kahr carrier
February 19, 2003, 09:26 AM
I use to enjoy a good Cigar until I started smoking them daily. Then I stopped completely cold turkey. Know the only smoking I enjoy is a smoking gun.:D

Steve Smith
February 19, 2003, 01:17 PM
StuporDave, only a pipesugger would say something like that.

Betty
February 19, 2003, 01:27 PM
tick tick tick tick tick

I'd better start seeing pic of people with guns smoking cigars, or guns that look like cigars or cigars that look like guns. :scrutiny:

...or I'll post a very large image of a tarantula. :p

AZTOY
February 19, 2003, 01:46 PM
Winston Churchill

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/images/churchil1.gif http://www.auto-ordnance.com/images/churchil2.gif:neener: :neener:

TeamCorbon
February 19, 2003, 03:23 PM
My all time favorite smoke is a Partagas #1. I could enjoy that with any of the assorted firearms I own at the range for a peaceful day of shooting! Is that an oxymoron or what? LOL

Steve Smith
February 19, 2003, 04:11 PM
Thank you, AZ!

Bacchus
February 19, 2003, 04:24 PM
Definitely a Padron for me..every once in a while I'll pick up a Partagas, although I think that they're a little over-priced for my taste and budget. I had an excellent box of Don Diego Privadas a few years back and just haven't really wanted another DD in quite a while.

Writing this makes me want to fire one up.

Glock_PhD
February 19, 2003, 05:10 PM
mmmmmmm cigars. Now I want one right now. A jamaican macundo vintage 1988 if you can still find a shop that has stashed some away. And if not then to the fuentes. As a side note Fuentes came out with a new line a couple of months ago. Great cigar at a lower price!

ball3006
February 19, 2003, 05:36 PM
whiskey with my cigar so smoking and shooting are out. The recoil might spill some of the good stuff while it is sitting on the bench or a brass might do a swan dive in it.....chris3

Soap
February 19, 2003, 05:52 PM
There is something that makes guns and cigars related...it is something that is mostly forgotten in today's society...oh yeah! It is called class. :)

DE44mag
February 19, 2003, 08:36 PM
Personally I like to smoke my Desert Eagle while shooting a Dannaman, La Primadora, Roly or Sabroso :what:
I mean shoot my Desert Eagle while smoking....ect, ect.

Double Maduro
February 19, 2003, 10:47 PM
DE44mag,

Welcome to the board. With your sense of humor you'll fit right in.

lol

Crimper-D
February 20, 2003, 01:27 AM
I found out that my scores improved markedly when I didn't use tobacco.:neener:
Someone mentioned singlemalts:evil:- Let's not go getting _Too_
pure!:rolleyes: :p :D

twoballcane
February 20, 2003, 02:46 AM
I am lucky,my wife of 43 years likes the smell of Latakia and cigars.Noticed someone noted JR,are they on the net or does someone have thier address or phone number.Have not seen a JR Cigar catalog in years.Thanks.

Steve Smith
February 20, 2003, 11:28 AM
JR Cigars used to have a message board...interestingly enough, there were lots of gun folks there.

twoballcane, (I know what your handle means!) you can visit them at www.jrcigar.com

Hurry, there are several killer deals right now. Puros Indios' are going to be discontinued, so they're on sale, and the La Rosas have a deal with two free pounds of Montecristo coffee with an order. I got the La Rosa sampler and I am loving the free coffee. The coffee has so much oil in it, when you open the bag the beans shine! Excellent stuff!

Double Maduro
February 20, 2003, 03:15 PM
http://www.jrcigars.com

also try:

http://www.cigarweekly.com

and for you Fuente fans out there.

http://www.cigarfamily.com

you can also try

www.fujipub.com

for a list of many other cigar sites

Augustwest
February 20, 2003, 04:51 PM
Been smokin' a lot of El Rico Habano Habano Clubs lately. They're almost as good as they used to be, and almost as stout, as well.

Also like Fuentes, JR Ults in X, LFD Ligeros and lotsa other stuff.

jimbo
February 20, 2003, 09:57 PM
Shooting. :D Yeay!!!

Cigars. :barf: Putrid.

JMHO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns and Cigars..life is good" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!