HK USPC 9mm not accurate with 124 gr Gold Dot +P

PDA

Min
August 15, 2004, 02:40 PM
I found that out yesterday at the range after shooting 250 rounds of the stuff. Too many fliers.

On the other hand I shot Blazer aluminum-cased 9mm, and it got much better groups.

Anyone notice their USP's performance with +P ammo? I suspect the +P is the culprit because the slide was "sticky" during a shoot - I mean it did not go all the way back into battery with the +P. I suspect the stock recoil spring was not calibrated for the +P.

If you enjoyed reading about "HK USPC 9mm not accurate with 124 gr Gold Dot +P" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SnakeEater
August 16, 2004, 07:46 AM
Hmm, I've had good results using Winchester Ranger 127gr. +P+ in the USP9c. I don't have any advice other than to shoot different ammo. The USP's are rated for the stoutest of the stout rounds available.

Mikul
August 16, 2004, 01:32 PM
The most accurate ammunition in my H&K USP9c is ProLoad 124gr +P. FYI, ProLoad uses Speer Gold Dots.

The USP manual specifically mentions that it can handle +P ammunition. I'm pretty sure it even mentions +P+.

cratz2
August 16, 2004, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I've never had an issue with accuracy - or lack thereof - with 124 Gr +P Gold Dots from either speer or Georgia Arms... Always been very much combat accurate in numerous 9mms though I've never owned an HK pistol of any kind.

But, if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you... More Gold Dots for the rest of us. :p

If you enjoyed reading about "HK USPC 9mm not accurate with 124 gr Gold Dot +P" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!