Bernardelli pistols

PDA

pippin53
August 15, 2004, 03:45 PM
Anyone have any opinions about these-- specifically the p-One and the model 80 .380? I see these occasionally and wonder why the resale on them looks to be not so good for what appears to be a well made piece? Are they durable/reliable/accurate?
Thanks,
Ken

If you enjoyed reading about "Bernardelli pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
horge
August 15, 2004, 07:12 PM
Ah.. the Turkish Bernardelli's :)
Often, Tanfoglio clones, with polymer frame.

Quite a few users over here report pretty good reliability, but that the pistols may be TOO light when it comes to transmitting recoil. Similar Jericho and Tanfoglio models have thinner grips. hth.

pakmcc
August 15, 2004, 07:43 PM
I don't have a Berardelli in .380, But I do have one in.22 and I've had it for close to 30 years. I've had Walther's pp's, ppks's all in .22 and I sold all of them and keep the model 80 in .22. I would love to shoot the model in .380, I've got a CZ83 in .380 and I love it.
I just took the .22 out to the range last week and shot it in and it shoots better than you would think a 3.5 inch barrel could shoot. It's one of my keepers. If you find a Berardelli in .380, I sure would like to help you set the sights on it at a range.
The only thing about my Berardelli, is that after about a box or two of bullets, it's going to let you know that I'm dirty and I need cleaning. Take a tooth brush with you, break it down.(it's kind of quick to do this) hit it a lick and a promass, on the bolt face and slide and the back of the barrel and but it back together. your in buiness again for another box of shells or two.
A quick pass with a .22 bore brush couldn't hurt either. and that's all it wants. yours truly, Pat McC

Ala Dan
August 15, 2004, 07:55 PM
Many year's ago, I owned one of their .25 ACP's that I bought
from K-Mart. Very good quality, and my copy was reliable. But,
I ended up trading it for a NIB Bauer .25 Auto cuz stainless
guns were the new kids on the block.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

pippin53
August 15, 2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the replies. Horge, I'm interested in the all steel pistols made in Italy. I've seen pics of those plastic ones and boy are they ugly!!!
Ken

mesmer.eyes
April 2, 2005, 04:41 PM
Well made and tight! Really barks. The recoil was more than I expected but easy to handle. I also shoot a Springfield Champion in 45 ACP so I'm used to a big bang in my hand. The Model 80 breaks down so easily and the cleaning is straight forward. I currently have a thread out looking for wooden grips for it. It's actually gonna give my Springfield a good run for my favorite peice.
It's really well made, holds tight groups at 25 ft. Wander a little at 50 ft. but stays on the paper. I haven't had to adjust the rear sight, for a used peice it is still very straight and true. Mines in excellant shape and I picked it up for $150. If any body knows where I can get wooden grips for it please respond!

T in MN

If you enjoyed reading about "Bernardelli pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!