Sheeple in CA forfeiting guns

PDA

PinnedAndRecessed
August 15, 2004, 05:38 PM
Just went to gun show in CA this weekend. Tables and tables of beef jerky, t-shirts, statues, toys, etc.

Maybe 30 tables actual guns. Precious few handguns. CA communists are successfully outlawing gun shows, guns and gun ownership and Californians are letting them.

Case in point. The assault rifle ban. My gun owning friends weren't concerned because they didn't own any assault rifles. Then they discovered that the first draft contained their automatic and pump shotguns. Suddenly they're whining about violations of their 2nd amendment rights.

Now, in CA, after this year, no one can purchase a rifle using the 50 caliber Browning Machine Gun round.

The retards in Sacramento have decided, for us, that they don't want any low life gang bangers carrying around a 30 pound rifle with a 60 power scope that shoots a round that costs $4 per shot.

Again, my gun owning friends aren't concerned because, you guessed it,
they don't own a Barrett 50.

There are enough gun owners in CA to elect our own politicians if they would just get off their fat, lazy, stupid, video game addicted butts and get busy.

But as it is, they won't do anything and let the commie politicians continue to steal our guns. Many fine firearms are already gone, big time.

And these pathetic CA gun shows are proof.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sheeple in CA forfeiting guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ellery Holt
August 15, 2004, 05:44 PM
That attitude (doesn't affect me so I don't care) is obviously universal, as much as I wish it were confined to California. There's a lot of valid criticism of that state, but hey, they've got Jim March and he is someone any state would want as an advocate.

Sven
August 15, 2004, 05:59 PM
The Sheeple need to turn to the fence sitters and learn to convert if anything is going to happen. Simply going and voting doesn't work when you are the minority all the time.

Declaration Day
August 15, 2004, 06:00 PM
If only I had a dime for every time someone told me "I don't care if (insert right here) is taken away because it's not something I do." or "I don't care if they impose or raise a tax on (insert product here) because it's not something I buy". Sadly, my brother is one of those people. It amazes me how many people aren't concerned about anything except what goes on in their private little world.

grislyatoms
August 15, 2004, 06:04 PM
That has been the plan all along. I can't believe 2A supporters won't wake up.

"We're going to have to take this one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily - given the political realities - going to be very modest. Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice. Our ultimate goal - total control of all guns- is going to take time ... The final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition - except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs and licensed gun collectors - totally illegal."
-- Nelson T. Shields III, Founder of Handgun Control, Inc., New Yorker Magazine, p. 57-58, 26 Jul 1976

I have not verified this quote.

P95Carry
August 15, 2004, 06:10 PM
Same old - same old - nibble, nibble, nibble ........ chip, chip, chip.

When nature does this we call it erosion ... when it happens to 2a ..... it's still erosion ... insidious and potentially irreversible.

http://www.acbsystems.com/images/smilies/ticktick.gif ................................................... http://www.acbsystems.com/images/smilies/timebomb.gif

R.H. Lee
August 15, 2004, 06:31 PM
No law has ever had (to my knowledge) a 100% rate of compliance. The less popular the law, the lower the rate of compliance. You cannot reliably judge what we may or may not be doing by looking at laws coming out of Sacramento. ;)

50 Shooter
August 15, 2004, 06:43 PM
If you don't vote like a gun owner, you SUCK!

Pass this on to your buddies, http://dillonprecision.com/vote.cfm?dyn=1&cookieClean=1

.50's aren't banned (yet) in Kali, keep fighting or else they will be. Just remember, Koretz doesn't have any problems walking around with a brown nose and knee pads on!

Hawk
August 15, 2004, 07:02 PM
Now, in CA, after this year, no one can purchase a rifle using the 50 caliber Browning Machine Gun round.

Say what?! Is this out of date already? NotDeadYet (http://www.fiftycal.org/)

FWIW, this hyar Texican just mailed off his dues check to the FCSA and charged up 100.00 in raffle tickets to TFCI. I don't have or even want a .50 but there's not much stretch between a BFG50 and 7mmRUM to an anti.

Camel, nose, tent.

Shozbotz - the Barret is actually on Feinstein's web site as "protected" - right here (http://feinstein.senate.gov/exempted_guns.html)

Edited to add: Thanks 50 shooter - I shoulda hit "refresh" before posting.

Jim March
August 15, 2004, 07:04 PM
The 50cal ban bill, AB50, has NOT passed yet.

Other critical bills up in the air:

SB1152: statewide ammo registration. Monster paperwork for all gun/ammo dealers, many of which (esp. big chains) will quit.

SB1733: Cow Palace gun show ban - if this works this year, expect more next year.

SB1140: more of a nuisance than a disaster now, as it's been watered down. Still, if you keep an unloaded gun too close to ammo and the gun isn't locked and a kid gets it, you're hosed (new "ammo proximity" thing). BUT it doesn't apply if even a light-duty "bedside grade" safe is used, or a cable lock or whatever (this was a late addition) so home defense-status guns aren't totally banned if there's kids around :rolleyes:. Plus yet more "child access penalties" tacked on. It's more "Jack Scott beating a dead horse because his teen kid got killed by a shotgun at a drunken party" stuff :rolleyes:.

El Tejon
August 15, 2004, 07:20 PM
Everytime I update myself on what's going on with our brothers to the West, I silently shake my head. I remember my father telling me what a great place California was in the early '60s: gun stores everywhere, buy them via the mail, shoot whatever you wanted out on public land, no carry restrictions, no one cared, and now. . .:(

Best of luck to our friends out there.

RJ357
August 15, 2004, 07:24 PM
The same thing has happened with gun shows here in VA. It is common to find coins, minerals, jewelry, and even slot machines (for sale, not for use).
One of the shows had been gradually increasing their frequency until they were up to 2 or 3 shows a month in just this area alone. With the same sellers there all the time, it was more like walking into a big store than a gun show. Turn out also feel off gradually over this period. Now they have cut back to about one show a month in this area.

The Virginia Gun Collectors association show is much better, and they only do two a year.

Ironically, the it-doesn't-affect-me attitude is exactly what will make it affect them - one day.

Pilgrim
August 15, 2004, 09:48 PM
The average CA sheeple doesn't comprehend what Sacramento has done with regards to gun laws until massive civil unrest like the Rodney King riot comes along. A number of sheeple then were shocked to find out that a fifteen day waiting period was in effect.

Pilgrim

TimH
August 15, 2004, 10:06 PM
doesn't affect me so I don't care

Good bumper sticker

P12
August 15, 2004, 10:14 PM
Again, my gun owning friends aren't concerned because, you guessed it,

Enlighten them about Mr. Kennedy's armor piercing 30-30 rant during the last round of gun debates earlier this year.

I'm sure there is a link for the text of his frothing.

joe sixpack
August 15, 2004, 10:30 PM
Hey, Im just glad I don't live in California...

cheers, ab

R.H. Lee
August 15, 2004, 10:53 PM
action barbi

Hey, Im just glad I don't live in California...

cheers, ab

I know. You've been annexed by Mexico. :p

JerryM
August 15, 2004, 11:13 PM
Too many gun owners do not fight the fight, as they are lulled into the thought that it doesn't pertain to them and their guns. But it gets around to them in time.

I remember many bumper stickers regarding "Cold dead fingers" but when it comes down to it, the VAST majority will give up their guns and gun rights.
The Cali shooters are a case in point.

Jerry

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
August 16, 2004, 02:56 AM
The same thing has happened with gun shows here in VA. It is common to find coins, minerals, jewelry, and even slot machines (for sale, not for use).

The big show at the Dulles Expo Center a few weeks back had more guns than usual, but only by virtue of the fact that the show was three times as large as the usual one. 3/4ths of the tables were beenie babies, Klingon swords, jewlery, etc.

They need to have a gun show sometime where everything is actually gun-related.

Still, it was nice to see the end of the local permit & waiting period for Fairfax County as per the State's new pre-emption law. Looks like there needs to be a California Citizens Defense League like our VCDL.

EOD Guy
August 16, 2004, 09:55 AM
They need to have a gun show sometime where everything is actually gun-related.

That's one of the nice things about the Big Reno Show that's held 3 times a year.

rick_reno
August 16, 2004, 10:09 AM
Don't lose sight of the simple fact that **********ns elected the people who pass this gun legislation. The majority is getting what they want. Also, don't forget that Kalif has no clause in their constitution regarding the right to keep and bear arms.
When I moved to the Bay Area in the early sixties to attend college, I - coming from New York - had thought I landed in the land of the free. I could actually buy a handgun. Twenty-five years later it was time to leave, the freedoms I'd enjoyed when I arrived had been stripped away.

PinnedAndRecessed
August 16, 2004, 01:48 PM
To Rick_Reno.

Yea, the San Francisco Gun Exchange, the oldest gun store in the solar system, shut down because they got tired of the hassles.

Now the commie demonRats are trying to shut down the Cow Palace for gun shows.

On the left coast, I'm noticing that fewer and fewer young people are getting into guns. The gun grabbers may have a point, viz., in a generation or two, there's not going to be enough people to care to make a difference.

BradN
August 16, 2004, 01:56 PM
I live in Central Contra Costa County. I went to the range Sunday with my nine year old son. It was crowded. There were quite a few other fathers with their sons and daughters there. One grandfather asked about the savage Cub my nine year old was shooting. He wanted to get one for his grandson. The shooting sports are alive and well in the SF Bay Area.

Drjones
August 16, 2004, 02:15 PM

Man, you gave me and my wallet quite the heart attack!

I'm glad you were incorrect......if the .50 ban passes, I'll have no choice but to run out and buy one. :D

And I HAVE BEEN CALLING THE SENATORS TO TELL THEM TO VOTE "NO"!!!!!

HAVE YOU?????????:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

alan
August 16, 2004, 05:00 PM
If memory serves, it was Thomas Jefferson who supposedly observed that "People generally get the kind of government they don't vote against".

It's been a very long time since I lived in California, 30 plus years, so I'm quite possibly not up to date re things there (politics). Having said this, perhaps a majority of the electorate are simply anti-gun. Looking at the quality of the people they send to Sacramento, it looks that way.

It becomes rather sad for those not so inclined, however nobody ever said that democracy, 1 man, 1 vote and things of that sort weren't messy. Seems that some significant number of individuals, have packed California in, though it also appears that people are still moving in. Different folks, I assume.

R.H. Lee
August 16, 2004, 05:20 PM
Having said this, perhaps a majority of the electorate are simply anti-gun. Looking at the quality of the people they send to Sacramento, it looks that way.

Maybe not so much anti-gun as pro gubmint giveaways and handouts. The left loves dependency and will foster victim-groups as fast as they can. This is the methodology they use to consolidate power. Weak minded people love to be named as "special" and in line for special privileges ($$) from the public treasury. As business and industry continue to leave California (overregulation, outrageous worker's comp costs, etc., ad nauseum), there are more and more victims and fewer and fewer producers. I think the left is fearful of independence, thus the gun grabbing.

Partisan Ranger
August 16, 2004, 06:17 PM
I totally don't understand the 'I don't own one so what do I care?' mentality.

I never have owned an evil black rifle and may not ever (especially if my wife has anything to say about it$$$$ :D ), but I loathe the AWB with every cell in my body. Because I understand it's a baby step towards full gun confiscation for law-abiding people. Today, we're talking about rifles with 'evil' features. Tomorrow, it'll be 'assault' pistols, or assault shotguns, or anything that shoots something other than a BB.

gunsmith
August 16, 2004, 10:45 PM
I belong to a club here in frisco that is full of left leaning dems-they can't understand how AWB is anti gun because some of them have an old dusty shotgun or .22 in the closet.
One guy was pontificating how it may be time to get a gun to "get Ashcroft"
:rolleyes:

Cybercop
August 17, 2004, 04:54 PM
Well I've pondered this more than once, it seems that the only way to motivate people is to get them good and angry. So when I here someone saying that "They don't care if EBR's are banned because THEY don't own one" I just state the following. Well if you help them take mine I'll work for them to take yours! And I go further to explain why we need to work together to roll back these laws. But before you can teach someone you have to get their attention first. And trust me that will get their attention when they have something to loose.

Jim

spartacus2002
August 17, 2004, 06:05 PM
doesn't Oleg have some poster about "the only difference between your scoped hunting rifle and a sniper rifle is a politician's vote" or something like that? Show that to the duckhunters who hate EBRs and tell them "one team, one fight".

mrapathy2000
August 17, 2004, 06:22 PM
doesn't Oleg have some poster about "the only difference between your scoped hunting rifle and a sniper rifle is a politician's vote" or something like that? Show that to the duckhunters who hate EBRs and tell them "one team, one fight".

you talking bout the pic that says no one will ban your hunting rifle they will call it a sniper rifle first?

funny thing is ted kennedy with his ammo ban did just that back during bill to eliminate frivilous lawsuits against firearm industry.

Shanghai McCoy
August 17, 2004, 08:26 PM
For the first 19 years of my life I lived in Northern California.Since then I have lived many places.The place that I miss most is NOT California....

I do miss Oklahoma though....

If you enjoyed reading about "Sheeple in CA forfeiting guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!