Feinstein Exempts Cabanas Phaser Rifles?

PDA

whitebear
August 16, 2004, 04:54 PM
I was going over the list of "Hunting Guns and Other Recreational Weapons Exempted in the Legislation" on Sen. Dianne Fineswine..er, uh Feinstein's web site, when I noticed, in the section pertaining to "Rimfire Rifles - Bolt Actions & Single Shots", that a "Cabanas Phaser Rifle" is listed.

Okay, now, I'm no firearms expert, nor do I play one on TV, but...

:confused: What is a Cabanas Phaser Rifle? :confused:

And why is it OK for Californicans to own one?

Inquiring minds want to know!

If you enjoyed reading about "Feinstein Exempts Cabanas Phaser Rifles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
io333
August 16, 2004, 05:00 PM
It's only effective against Romulans. Romulans are not a protected class, so it's OK.

Sleeping Dog
August 16, 2004, 05:48 PM
I never heard of it. But, being California, maybe it's a mis-spelled "cannabis phaser rifle", like using a shotgun as a bong, but with a twist.

As long as you can't store more than 10 joints in the magazine ...

Regards.

Gifted
August 16, 2004, 06:13 PM
The only links I got on Google had it because they were listing the bill's contents.

Zach S
August 16, 2004, 06:54 PM
Now all colt, bushmaster, armalight, ect, have to do is name an AR variant the Cabanas Phaser...

Ewok
August 16, 2004, 07:12 PM
Previous trademark manufactured by Industrias Cabanas, S.A. in Aguilas, Mexico 1949-1999. Previously imported and retailed by Mandall Shooting Supplies, Inc. located in Scottsdale, AZ.

Cabanas manufactured a unique single shot bolt action rifle which shot oversized .177 pellets/BBs powered by .22 blanks at 1,150 feet per second. There were at least 8 variations, and secondary market prices today for 95%+ original condition ranges from approx. $65- $120. Transfer requires FFL. This trademark had limited U.S. importation.

http://store.bluebookinc.com/downloads/BrowseCategory.asp?Product=firearms&Heading=200

joeoim
August 16, 2004, 10:03 PM
It never fails.

I learn sonething every time I come here.

Thanks Ewok

Joe

ssr
August 16, 2004, 10:37 PM
Well, isn't that nice of her. She wants to let them keep their single shot pellet rifles (for now).

If you enjoyed reading about "Feinstein Exempts Cabanas Phaser Rifles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!