Shtf

PDA

Gifted
August 16, 2004, 07:20 PM
I was thinking, after finishing up the new posts on this (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=1184952#post1184952)thread, where do you go? Where's the corner the cat's gonna back the mouse with the machine gun into?

Basically, I've seen here and on TFL several people that have moved from ********** becuase of the gun laws. Now, they have pretty much the whole country to go to, currently. But if the liberals take more states, these choices will narrow. So, the question is, *knock on wood,* what's the line of retreat? Ideally we want to have as few sheeple as possible, and probably have some good space, for when the final rush happens.

Any ideas? Issues that I missed?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shtf" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
August 16, 2004, 07:28 PM
Well, I think this is kind of obvious, but the states that don't have ANY major cities are the most free. They will be the last to go.

45R
August 16, 2004, 07:56 PM
what's the line of retreat?

I'm a current resident of CA, my family resides here as does my girlfriends family. For me there is no retreat. I will be fighting the good fight in CA with my brothers and sisters. Its sad when I think of people retreating to another state because of the gun laws. If we all band together we can all make a difference.

Standing Wolf
August 16, 2004, 08:51 PM
So, the question is, *knock on wood,* what's the line of retreat?

Maybe we should quit retreating and fight back. Mighty controversial thought, eh?

UnknownSailor
August 16, 2004, 08:58 PM
Well, this former CA resident didn't have much choice, when he left. The ship he was assigned to went to Japan, on a permanent basis.

However, I did have a choice (sort of) about where I could go when I came up for orders, and ********** wasn't (and still isn't) on my list. My last attachment is my VW, which still has California plates.

Hardtarget
August 16, 2004, 09:26 PM
45R...I was just wondering...whats the hold-up? Things have been going down hill for a while for Cali. I hate it for you guys but it looks like its time to bail. They've got you by the neck...pack up and RUN! It doesn't look like things are going to get better in the near future so come to Tennessee... we're not all that much in the boonies. Bring your whole crew...we've got room for all of them.
Mark.

Dave R
August 16, 2004, 09:30 PM
This is probably not the answer you're looking for, but read some of Jim March's posts. He knows the line's already been crossed, and he's a great example of how to fight back. Would that there were more of him.

Rembrandt
August 16, 2004, 09:49 PM
I'd venture that Texas would be one of the last to go liberal anti-gun....then perhaps the Alamo part II.

rick_reno
August 16, 2004, 09:52 PM
This is probably not the answer you're looking for, but read some of Jim March's posts. He knows the line's already been crossed, and he's a great example of how to fight back. Would that there were more of him.

Jim is the updated Sisyphus, pushing a boulder up a mountain only to have it roll back down. He's doing a good job of moving it uphill, but it appears every time it rolls down it gets bigger.

DesertEagle613
August 16, 2004, 09:59 PM
Not that I'd be interested in jumping ship, but have any of you guys heard of the Free State Project? Basically you have a bunch of libertarian-types moving to New Hampshire IIRC in a coordinated effort to influence the politics there. Might be what you're looking for.

XLMiguel
August 16, 2004, 10:01 PM
Virginia seeems to be holding its own.

That said, why don't you bloom where you're planted? You gonna let the illegitimae run you out? Mr March might just be the ram that knocks down the dam, and a few more folks making more noise can't hurt. At least raise hell while you're there.

Pass the damn ammunition.

joe sixpack
August 17, 2004, 12:45 AM
I'm just glad I don't live in California...

(This time, please, read the above with a little sarcasm and
and understand that as we (Californians) go, so do you, bit by bit, person by person, anti-propaganda by anti-propaganda)

Das Pferd
August 17, 2004, 01:28 AM
I'd venture that Texas would be one of the last to go liberal anti-gun....then perhaps the Alamo part II.

Texas, unaccording to popular belief, has very strict gun laws compared to states like Az.

Leatherneck
August 17, 2004, 09:58 AM
ab,
understand that as we (Californians) go, so do you, bit by bit, person by person, anti-propaganda by anti-propaganda)
Mebbe, mebbe not. But it will be an interesting rest of my life. :D

TC
TFL Survivor

If you enjoyed reading about "Shtf" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!