An idea for California

PDA

jnojr
August 16, 2004, 10:17 PM
Most of Southern California gets a radio station called KFI 640AM, which is all talk. From 3PM to 7PM Left Coast time, Monday through Friday, they air the John and Ken Show http://www.johnandkenshow.com/ John and Ken are great fun to listen to... they hold no punches. And they have a huge audience... they exposed a judge who was up for re-election and a child molester, and saw this judge tossed out on his ear by hundreds of thousands of votes, when who ever votes for judges? :-)

I sent an email to them suggesting they do a show on Californias stupid gun laws. This seems like the kind of topic that would be great on their show, as a lot of the stuff they talk about is stupidity at work in government. I mean, laws about what a gun looks like? The problem is, the one reference I heard to gun issues on their show was quite some time ago, when someone called in during an "open mike" time to talk about one of the $.05 per round taxes coming up, and one of the hosts said "Well, I don't buy too many bullets" and ended the call. I think that they're where too many "conservatives" are... not too interested in Second Amendment rights, because they don't shoot and have maybe heard too many of the grabbers lies. I'm thinking that a bunch of emails asking them to do a show on wacky gun laws might get some action... if the producers see a strong interest in such a topic, they're more likely to air it. And, being generally conservative, I don't think they would be actively hostile to the subject. If someone like Jim March were to get on and give rational arguments supporting firearms rights, and deal with callers (this subject would just scream for antagonistic callers! :-) ), I think it could be really positive, and get a good pro-gun message out to the general public.

For anyone outside of SoCal, you can listen to KFI with this link:

javascript:void(window.open('http://38.116.132.39/LosAngeles/KFI/playerframe.php?fname=http://ccdig.liquidviewer.com/kfi', 'ccTuner', 'width=400,height=223,status=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no'))

If you enjoyed reading about "An idea for California" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunsmith
August 16, 2004, 10:32 PM
I've only heard there show once and they were talking about immigration.
They came across as both smart and funny,I enjoyed there show a bunch-they had interviewed Chris Simcox (you know the guy from Tombstone)
Chris seems pro gun to me though he's more into the border issue (I think)
anyway the Chris Simcox show they did aired here in Sanfrancisco and it was great,I am sure they would be receptive to us maybe Jim could get in touch with Chris as they both have the "crossballs" debacle in common.

Gunsnrovers
August 16, 2004, 11:47 PM
Have listened to them for years. Before they were pulled by KFI and since they came back on a few years ago. They are NOT pro 2nd amendment.

joe sixpack
August 17, 2004, 12:29 AM
All you have to do is somehow tie in gun control with the tide of illegals streaming over the border (their favorite bug-a-boo), and you've got it
made. I think they would more 2d if somehow all gun owners were
put on the border to guard against illegal entry;)

cheers, ab

dave3006
August 17, 2004, 08:15 AM
They are entertaining. But, the last time I heard them talk about RKBA, they were solidly liberal. They may have grown up since then. They have become much more conservative in the last two years.

If you enjoyed reading about "An idea for California" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!