New member; Anyone from Idaho?

PDA

Oderus
August 17, 2004, 12:35 PM
Curious as to whether anyone here is from the SouthEast Idaho area?

If you enjoyed reading about "New member; Anyone from Idaho?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
August 17, 2004, 01:03 PM
Welcome to THR!:)

Kaylee
August 17, 2004, 01:07 PM
not anymore. :(
Used to live in southwest Idaho, near Boise, and central Idaho, near Lewiston -- with quite a few visits to friends up in Priest River. Never made it through your neck of the woods..rmm.. desert much though. :)

If you ever make it out to Boise, check out Shapel's gun shop. Neat history there. :)

DCR
August 17, 2004, 07:25 PM
Welcome!

Grew up in IF; now live in Boise. There are others.....

ID_shooting
August 17, 2004, 07:41 PM
Boise here, welcome fellow spud head.

Stand_Watie
August 18, 2004, 02:32 AM
Thought this would be a good thread to point out that Clayton Cramer, over in Boise, is looking for a belt fed ww1 machine gun...

If I had one and lived near there I'd volunteer it in exchange for getting him to autograph a book for me.

Monday, August 16, 2004

My Wife Needs A Belt-Fed Machine Gun For Her Class

No, it's not really that difficult a bunch. She's teaching a class in the spring on major authors of the 1920s, and the impact of World War I. If you live in the Boise area, and could bring your belt-fed World War I era machine gun (and I know many in the Boise area have such) to her class one evening, this would add considerable visual impact to the lecture discussing the role of the machine gun in changing the nature of warfare. She teaches at a private university, so there are no legal problems, but a dummy ammunition belt would be appropriate. If all you have is one of the magazine-fed World War I machine guns (a Lewis gun, for example), that would be better than nothing.

http://www.claytoncramer.com/weblog/blogger.html

Kaylee
August 18, 2004, 10:13 AM
Mr. Cramer would be well suited to look up the guys at IAWCA (http://www.iawca.org/) - the Idaho Automatic Weapons Collector's Assn. I've met a couple of 'em, and they're pretty good fellers. One has a Browning 1919, according the website. (Another takes his German WWII machine gun to all the local historical events, dressed up in full kit. A little um.. eccentric, but he seems a decent feller. )

Oderus
August 18, 2004, 02:50 PM
I get the feeling that no one in SE Idaho knows how to use a computer. I know there are shooters around because I see their spent ammunition, I'm just yet to find one.:D

Anyway, this site's great, been reading posts and learning alot.

IdahoFarmer
August 19, 2004, 02:09 PM
Greetings from Eagle, Idaho!

IdahoFarmer

JamisJockey
August 19, 2004, 02:48 PM
Not sure about Idaho, but there is a fair amount from Ewetah on here.
No matter:
Welcome to THR!

Gatofeo
August 19, 2004, 06:38 PM
I'm in Utah now, way out in the desert, but I used to live and work in St. Maries, south of Coeur d'Alene Lake. It was a beautiful area but I made minimal money there. Now I'm making great money and live in the remote desert, where I can shoot for miles if I wish.
So, things turned out okay. But I sure miss fishing Benewah and Chatcolet Lakes, and hunting grouse outside of St. Maries.
Ohhhh noooo ... I just realized ... grouse season starts there Sept. 1. In just a few days! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm homesick!

If you enjoyed reading about "New member; Anyone from Idaho?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!